Schwartz' FfH Series - Planning Thread

schwartz

King
As we continue to wind down on the first game of the series, SCH0001 - Learning FfH -which in my opinion has been a great success so far - I decided to make a central thread where I can bring up discussions about future installments.
To clarify, SCH0001 was played on Prince but until further notice all future installments will be at Monarch difficulty.

To begin the discussion, here are a few of my own ideas for the second installment, feel free to comment and/or pitch in your own!

Krazy Kuriotate Domination: Where we would try to trigger a domination victory with the unique Cardith Lorda (PHI/EXP/SPR/ADA) and his interesting Sprawling trait.

The Seafaring Lanun: Win however we want with Hannah the Irin (FIN/RAI) of Lanun. Guybrush Threepwood is fun.

Elven Archery Range: An attempt to leverage the powerful Ljosalfar archery units - especially Gilden Silveric - with Amelanchier (RAI/DEF) by winning a military victory.

Summoners: A magic-based game with Tebryn Arbandi (ARC/SUM) of Sheaim

Again, please chip in with additional ideas, I am open to everything, and will continue to run games as long as interest is there.

The Series thus far:
SCH0001 - Learning FfH: Tasunke of Hippus, Fractal, Prince Conquest Victory - Turn 304
SCH0002 - Scarborough Fair: Perpentach of Balseraphs (In Progress)

You should be able to play at Emporer or even Immortal level, would make it more fun.

I had the thought at some stage to play a Hannah the Irin game on an Inland Sea map, where you were only allowed to have coastal cities and had to control the entire seaboard before winning.

Also one where you were attempting an altar victory against the most aggressive AI(Perpy, Charadon, Kandos, Hannah etc) playing the Elohim or Malakim.

It would be interesting to do a religious victory with Empyrean with the malakim as it is supposed to be their religion.

I think it would be interesting to set up a map of asia and have the Lanun start in japan or the pacific islands if you can find a map with them.

Let me know on the summoners if you start it. Also another person for summoning would be Keelyn, someone I prefer over the sheaim personally.

You should be able to play at Emporer or even Immortal level, would make it more fun.

I had the thought at some stage to play a Hannah the Irin game on an Inland Sea map, where you were only allowed to have coastal cities and had to control the entire seaboard before winning.

Also one where you were attempting an altar victory against the most aggressive AI(Perpy, Charadon, Kandos, Hannah etc) playing the Elohim or Malakim.

It's definitely in my plans to move up but for now Monarch is enough for me :lol:
I'm thinking to move to Emperor by the 4th game at the earliest, but my main goal with the series is to get people into FfH and entering on Immortal might be a bit much :p

I like the Kuriorate Domination (where did you get theat idea? :p) but I'd prefer to play around more with Magic so the Tebryn game appeals to me the most. A Tower Of Mastery victory would perhaps be appropriate?

And I'd say go to Emperor at least.. Sheaim have exploding Axes which make pre magic warfare 100 times easier.

I like the Kuriorate Domination (where did you get theat idea? :p) but I'd prefer to play around more with Magic so the Tebryn game appeals to me the most. A Tower Of Mastery victory would perhaps be appropriate?

And I'd say go to Emperor at least.. Sheaim have exploding Axes which make pre magic warfare 100 times easier.

I'll chip in and agree with quotey, I'd like to explore the magic side a bit more.

Although I don't know about emporer just yet... Monarch sounds just fine to me :mischief:

A fun idea would be 'The End of the World As We Cause It'. Start out as the Sheaim, focus on summoning Hyborem to this world and switch. Our job: to conquer the world, and cause the Armageddon while we're at it. Alternatively this game can be played without switching to Hyborem since the Armageddon is technically the goal of the Sheaim: however, this game would be even more fun as messing around with the Infernals.

The opposite would also make for an interesting game: Start as Sabathiel (or any other good civ, but Sabathiel makes the most sense for a Holy War!), stock the map with evil, and make it your goal to summon/switch to Basium. Holy War at its best!

An idea for later might be 'Why So Serious?' ft. Perpentach. Think up the most insane set of rules that make sense to Perpentach alone, or no rules at all. Meant to be either completely insane or just a fun game.

Afun idea would be 'The End of the World As We Cause It'. Start out as the Sheaim, focus on summoning Hyborem to this world and switch. Our job: to conquer the world, and cause the Armageddon while we're at it.

Done here. If you survive to Hyborem, its pretty much a cake walk.

Alternatively this game can be played without switching to Hyborem since the Armageddon is technically the goal of the Sheaim: however, this game would be even more fun as messing around with the Infernals.

Done here. Was more fun that the Hyborem game but hell fire is pretty hard on most people's PCs and stopped the game being able to run once the AC hit the 90s.

Why So Serious- Perpentach Deity.

Any takers? I'd start that one if schwartz didn't. PLANNING THREAD TAKEOVER!

I'd like to have a crack here. Lurking made me play a bit of FfH.

The Seafaring Lanun: Win however we want with Hannah the Irin (FIN/RAI) of Lanun. Guybrush Threepwood is fun.

I like the Lanun and the Pirates cove is amazing with Hannah the Irin.

If you want me I'll be happy to take a spot.

I'm definately in for the next game, been lurking SCH0001 and trying out the mod. I am about to win my first victory (Noble diff), as the Luichirp. (Only my 2nd game, first ended by barb-wipe, I guess that is a normal way for a first game in this mod :p)

I'm definately in for the next game, been lurking SCH0001 and trying out the mod. I am about to win my first victory (Noble diff), as the Luichirp. (Only my 2nd game, first ended by barb-wipe, I guess that is a normal way for a first game in this mod :p)

Sounds similar to my experience :p
I got my first win in my 2nd game at noble with Cassiel after losing my first ever game when Orthus went on a romp through my land. :lol:
Any preference to what you'd like to try in 0002?

Quotey said:
Why So Serious- Perpentach Deity.

Any takers? I'd start that one if schwartz didn't. PLANNING THREAD TAKEOVER!
If for some reason I was into abusing myself I'd do it ;)

grandad1982 said:
I'd like to have a crack here. Lurking made me play a bit of FfH
Fantastic, that's the whole point :D

PaulusIII said:
A fun idea would be 'The End of the World As We Cause It'. Start out as the Sheaim, focus on summoning Hyborem to this world and switch. Our job: to conquer the world, and cause the Armageddon while we're at it. Alternatively this game can be played without switching to Hyborem since the Armageddon is technically the goal of the Sheaim: however, this game would be even more fun as messing around with the Infernals.

The opposite would also make for an interesting game: Start as Sabathiel (or any other good civ, but Sabathiel makes the most sense for a Holy War!), stock the map with evil, and make it your goal to summon/switch to Basium. Holy War at its best!

An idea for later might be 'Why So Serious?' ft. Perpentach. Think up the most insane set of rules that make sense to Perpentach alone, or no rules at all. Meant to be either completely insane or just a fun game
Some interesting ideas, although as Ozbenno pointed out, some have been done already.

The Sabathiel -> Basium idea is intriguing though, might be we'll do that in the near future!

I was actually thinking of trying to write some stories built over FfH games, so I have some ideas for eventual themes. They may or may not seem logical.

Proving Your Worth:
Play as the Sheaim, found the Veil, summon Hyborem, defeat Hyborem

The Wicked World Tour:
Play as the insane team (forgot name, those with human carnivals and Loki for hero), basically just being insane.

Fallen Angel:
Play as the Agnostic civilization - forgot the name - I read somewhere that, historically speaking, their leader (Cassiel?) is an angel who gave up his angelic status to lead people away from the religious dominance. Perhaps war with whoever founds a religion, perhaps cultural.

Other than that I had similar thoughts which you have mentioned (Arcane Mastery and Silver of the Seven Seas)...

schwartz said:
If for some reason I was into abusing myself I'd do it ;)

Actually, I'd fancy myself a chance with the Balseraph. Loki is... just broken.

schwartz said:
Some interesting ideas, although as Ozbenno pointed out, some have been done already.The Sabathiel -> Basium idea is intriguing though, might be we'll do that in the near future!

Well I just haven't been playing FFH long enough to know that. :D I just tried the whole 'cause the Armaggedon' thing with Tebryn Arbandi myself and it made for a very fun game. That, and I like the way some games tend to escalate into all-out war as the AC keeps going up. For that reason I also want a mostly evil lineup against Sabathiel/Basium... it just isn't the same against the Elohim, the Grigori and the Luchuirp.

Diamondeye said:
Play as the Sheaim, found the Veil, summon Hyborem, defeat Hyborem

The no.1 way to ensure you're the only one profiting from the Armageddon. Sounds like fun since picking on Hyborem is usually not something you want to do.

Diamondeye said:
Fallen Angel:
Play as the Agnostic civilization - forgot the name - I read somewhere that, historically speaking, their leader (Cassiel?) is an angel who gave up his angelic status to lead people away from the religious dominance. Perhaps war with whoever founds a religion, perhaps cultural.

Now you have me wondering whether it's possible to build Priests as Inquistors without a state religion. :p

If I'd pick a game for the next round I'd prefer a more magic-oriented game than all-brawn-no-brains Tasunke. The Tebryn idea sounds pretty fun.

Yeah the first game looks kind of steamroll, Genghis style. My first win (it's in the box, only Bannor and another pathetic civ left, I own >50% of world pop, I'm ahead in tech, I have Orthus' axe, the Dragon Hoard, and just teched Archmages. And I have Iron Golems with Emp-V, noble diff with Luichirp) is almost like that...

I'm playin my first Prince btw, random civ (got the Lanun), Continents Standard map. My continent is me, Balseraph, and a good civ (blablabla the white leaderhead). The Adventurer civ (agnostic, Cassiel?) is on the other, I know. And perhaps Elves, Leaves was founded early.

Had an amazing idea for the Balseraph game. Basically, we play for conwuest, but there will be a special report format - all text must be poems / in poetic devices. Meaning you can't just write "I was thinking of killing off the Sheaim?", but must write something more like: "Yesterday I walked the fair, noticed demon stench in the air, called my people in from the farms, asked them to take up their arms".

Howdya like it?

Had an amazing idea for the Balseraph game. Basically, we play for conwuest, but there will be a special report format - all text must be poems / in poetic devices. Meaning you can't just write "I was thinking of killing off the Sheaim?", but must write something more like: "Yesterday I walked the fair, noticed demon stench in the air, called my people in from the farms, asked them to take up their arms".

Howdya like it?

Interesting.... Must keep that in mind :D

Elven Archery Range: An attempt to leverage the powerful Ljosalfar archery units - especially Gilden Silveric - with Amelanchier (RAI/DEF) by winning a military victory.

Just started a game like this. Those archers rock!

A combat 1 archer killer Orthus at 1.9% win! Got 65 XP points for that one win alone!!!!

I was lurking in the SCH0001 thread, and I found this one as well. I kind of like the idea of the Fallen Angel, or the Prove your Worth, especially if Hyborem is given time to spread and become a true force to be reckoned with.

Perhaps something a bit more odd? Say, setting the game so that all the civs are the same? Take that idea with Hannah and the Costal cities, and make EVERY civ the Lanun, possibly having all the leaders be Hannah as well. While confusing, it would make for a massive sea-faring war which could be fun.

Top Bottom