Atomic bomb

Is it just me or do nukes do the same amount of damage as an atomic bomb? I hit a city with both types and it only took exactly twelve damage each time.

i was able to remove entire none capitol cities from play by nuking them several times. i never tried that with atomic bombs, my impression is that nukes kill more population in the city than atomic and i think u can't destroy a city with atomics, when nuking once they go really low u nuke the city and it is no more, just turns to city ruin and he loses control over all the x city land, resources and lux

i remember dropping down from 36 pop to 16 with one nuke by my friend

also one of the best online games i ever played in civ 5 involved building 8 nukes then my friend DCW and in one turn 2 of his 5 cities were completely wiped along with a big chunk of his army he was ranting and WTFing about what just happened and about how he went to -big time GPT

the funny part is that he had no idea nukes can actually do that he was astonished :lol:

There's no defense against atomic bombs.
And worst of all, using them won't result in a diplomatic hit.
Disabling nukes/Manhattan Project is probably the best thing, because the AI loves to use them.
Another civ5 feature failure.

i've played many games and never seen them use one , i assumed they never did but i guess they do with what you are saying.

Missiles are the nasty ones because intercepting them is harder than shooting down an incoming bullet with your own bullet. Bombs need to be deployed by stealth bombers, there's actually a tiny chance of finding and shooting the plane down.

Besides, recent advances in applied geological sciences suggest that once you detonate around a hundred in a nuclear exchange, the resulting climate effects is actually far worse than global warming or nuclear winter. Before, people thought humans will go extinct but at least small mammals like mice will survive. With atmospheric changes accounted for that might change ours into something more like another planet in the Solar system, even the prospects of complex life forms is questionable.

With nuclear missiles, there are now worse fates for your people than losing a war and being enslaved/abused by another people. If two nuclear powers really go at each other, I suspect it will be kept non-nuclear even with territorial loss.

For the record, revised theories said that a full scale nuclear war during the Cold War would have only knocked humanity back to the 1700s, the Stone Ages like thought. Hilariously enough, even nuclear winter has been discredited.

On another note, no, the third paragraph is false. Something really insane would have to happen if any of the United States "core" territory was taken during a war between the United States and USSR.

Nuclear missiles are a light version of SMACs planet buster and can be carried by missile cruisers and nuclear submarines.
Two or three nuclear missiles can wipe out a city completely.
No diplomatic penalty and when you're lacking uranium, especially in multiplayer, you're doomed.
The AI doesn't seem to use nuclear missiles though.
A 100% overpowered weapon, so another game design failure.

That some serious nercroing for a RA2 remark...:nuke:

The AI is pounding me with Atomic bombs. Only targeting my cities. Nothing I can do works for intercepting them. I'm playing Japan. I've used Zero's and jet fighters. Odds of intercepting seems ot be zero. Absolutely zero results. pun intended. :c5angry:

The AI is pounding me with Atomic bombs. Only targeting my cities. Nothing I can do works for intercepting them. I'm playing Japan. I've used Zero's and jet fighters. Odds of intercepting seems ot be zero. Absolutely zero results. pun intended. :c5angry:

Start taking the war to their lands, build bomb shelters if GnK, space out your units to two hex tiles away from cities

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've moved units away from cities as much as possible. (Good old Ghandi is now firing nuclear missiles at me.) And I've started a full scale conventional attack on his capital. I seem to have a better conventional force. (and I don't have nuclear weapons.) :nuke:

Top Bottom