spy satellite technology

JimboThrasher

Chieftain
So i really like the satellite tech obviously, cause it shows you the whole map.

but shouldn't you be able to use satellite to spy on enemy troops and what not? Maybe just one area reveal per turn "cause your satellite orbits the world once each turn" or something like that to keep it from being too op...

anyway anyone have any thoughts? I think that would be pretty cool and would allow you to bomb a city out of line of site. That might be too powerful cause you could send in all your bombers but a guided missile wouldn't be too bad.

Well, we can make it a wonder, that makes a region completely visible for each turn. Interesnting idea.

There is a MOD that allows all cities to be targetable after satellites, even without LOS from a unit. It's great for stealth bombers and/or nukes!

Isn't it OP? I mean, you can unleash hell from any part of the world. :ar15:

Isn't it OP? I mean, you can unleash hell from any part of the world. :ar15:

Would be nice to send Ghandi an ICBM or two from several continents away, just for kicks.... :cool:

So i really like the satellite tech obviously, cause it shows you the whole map.

but shouldn't you be able to use satellite to spy on enemy troops and what not? Maybe just one area reveal per turn "cause your satellite orbits the world once each turn" or something like that to keep it from being too op...

anyway anyone have any thoughts? I think that would be pretty cool and would allow you to bomb a city out of line of site. That might be too powerful cause you could send in all your bombers but a guided missile wouldn't be too bad.

Fine idea. But there are plenty of other things they could do that would be realistic with the Tech. I mean what happened to radar and early warning abilities? When I got into the atomic era I wanted an early warning system so I know of imminent nuclear attack, but instead you get super shelters to protect the whole population, which are frankly, unrealistic.

What about AWACs? Proper intercepting aircraft? Bombing structures from the air? sabotaging spies? Etc, etc.

You'd have to teach the AI how to use it properly. Right now they're in the "teach AI how not to blatantly,stupidly lose civilians". Next we teach them how to tie their shoes, and correctly articulate a decent balance of melee v ranged in aggression. Your idea's a bit down the list.

If they gave more of a crap about multi-player, rather than a demonstrated "after-thought" it could have alot of fun potential.

Now I sound like I'm complaining. The AI is good for a commercial game. If we wanted "competitive vs OCD" we'd be paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to an MIT grad.

Meh.

Fine idea. But there are plenty of other things they could do that would be realistic with the Tech. I mean what happened to radar and early warning abilities? When I got into the atomic era I wanted an early warning system so I know of imminent nuclear attack, but instead you get super shelters to protect the whole population, which are frankly, unrealistic.

What about AWACs? Proper intercepting aircraft? Bombing structures from the air? sabotaging spies? Etc, etc.

I think your touching on something that made me think of this to begin with, to have early detection to oncoming attacks. Maybe instead of revealing a map on command which could be exploited with a ton of planes or missles nearby there could be a wonder that is a "intelligence" building. If another civ is hostile or at war and amasses a certain amount of units together, the agency alerts you and could send a satellite to reveal the situation. thus giving you intelligence and a few turns to react or... make a premptive strike.

I rather like this idea better than the original :D

Adjuvant is right though, would be difficult to make the other AIs use this sort of thing effectively...Honestly though, it could help me and maybe i could move into harder difficulties with this advantage.

If another civ is hostile or at war and amasses a certain amount of units together, the agency alerts you and could send a satellite to reveal the situation.

Usually before this point in the game, I already have that sort of system, actually. One of my friendly AI associates nearly always informs me that "her spies learned that Washington is planning a sneak attack on Machu" or something like that.

Top Bottom