Does Greece hate Russia?

thegingerninja

Warlord
I was playing as Catherine and I met Alexander nearby me. No touching borders, only one city each and desert between us Nobody had desert folklore. And he denounced me as soon as i met him. Then declared war a few turns later?!?!?!?!

You may need to check your diplo status with him to see what's driving him crazy. Different leaders seem to get crazy over different things. For some, it's only sometimes about border issues (such as Elizabeth, who will hate you if you settle anywhere within 20 tiles of her because she thinks all land is hers), but others could care less- such as the Pacal, who you can build right on top of and he won't mind, but if you take a wonder or CS ally he wants he'll lose it.

Alexander iirc is one of those who is really aggressive based on army size: he wants to pick a fight with someone, and if you look the easiest, it'll be you he hates.

Doesn't matter how far away he is, Alex routinely greets you warmly, pays full price for your embassy, denounces you the next turn, and DOWs within, say, 10-15 turns. That's just Alex.

Unless he's really close, you'll never see a hostile unit and he'll propose peace within another 20 or so turns, and he'll often get quite friendly (particularly if you denouce someone he doesn't like even more).

You may need to check your diplo status with him to see what's driving him crazy. Different leaders seem to get crazy over different things. For some, it's only sometimes about border issues (such as Elizabeth, who will hate you if you settle anywhere within 20 tiles of her because she thinks all land is hers), but others could care less- such as the Pacal, who you can build right on top of and he won't mind, but if you take a wonder or CS ally he wants he'll lose it.

Alexander is is one of those who is really aggressive based on army size: he wants to pick a fight with someone, and if you look the easiest, it'll be you he hates.

I only had one chariot archer and one warrior. Thats probably why he attacked. Whenever i meet Alex i think. How long till he attacks? So i build defenses and wait for his signature all-troops-no-strategy technique, then beat his attack and counter it :cool:

I had one game where I was very fond of Alex. Most of us were on one continent, Alex had a small continent all to himself, and Rome had a small one next to him, so close that Triremes could cross from one to the other. Rome and Greece beat the snot out of each other for the whole game. Rome opted for a small, technologically advanced army, Alex went with hordes of units.

Rome started building spaceship parts, so I backstabbed them late in the game.

Alex always sends in a massive carpet of units, all you need to do is let him attack the city he wants and attack his units while they attack your city. (I buy defenses in it too i.e. walls/castles and ranged units) :rolleyes:

Beside alex's nasty attitude, His early strong UUs also adds to the problem.

(such as Elizabeth, who will hate you if you settle anywhere within 20 tiles of her because she thinks all land is hers),

I hate her beyond comprehension- but that is because she gets very, VERY worked up when I 'display interest' in the same city states that she wants to be allied with. I was ally of Yerevan since turn 30 or something, and 100 turns later she suddenly hates me because of it. Basically if you accidentally win a CS quest, your diplomacy is all over. Alexander is just like that..

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom