Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

Error is here:

Code:
		if iProjectType == gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROJECT_GLORY_EVERLASTING'):
			iDemon = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_DEMON')
			iUndead = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_UNDEAD')
			for iLoopPlayer in range(gc.getMAX_PLAYERS()):
				pLoopPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iLoopPlayer)
				player = PyPlayer(iLoopPlayer)
				if pLoopPlayer.isAlive():
					apUnitList = player.getUnitList()
					if pLoopPlayer.getTeam() != pPlayer.getTeam():	
						if (pLoopPlayer.isBarbarian() or pLoopPlayer.getAlignment() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('ALIGNMENT_EVIL')):
					[b]for pUnit in apUnitList:
						if (pUnit.isHasPromotion(iDemon) or pUnit.isHasPromotion(iUndead)):
							pUnit.kill(False, iPlayer)[/b]

;)

Looks like a settler, walks like a settler, smells like a settler but won't settle. :eek:

Version C.

Well, loaded the turn 0 autosave, moved things in the same order, and it didn't do it this time. :dunno: :confused: Sorry about the false alarm.

Part II. Spoke to soon. Hit end turn and CTD first try, total la la land the second time (needed to restart computer). I'll save this save file if anyone is interested. Also, I unselected all FF races and Calibim.

Patch C - I'm getting python Indentation errors on loading the game in CyEventInterface....

Uh oh. EventManager. I see a bug I added got corrected in the SVN, but the correction didn't make it into the patch.

aside from a ton of python exceptions, I notice that goblin forts start with no defenders. I assume this is due to buggy eventmanager :D

patch C with eventmanager fix: many units have txt_keys in their description, usually txt_key_unit_spell_ability . warriors for example.
edit: sometimes goblin forts will have no goblin archer defending it at the start of the game.

from tallcastle
5. ghostwalkers fast move over tiles with haunted lands... after movement they will not respond to commands...
from Tarquelne
I'm not seeing that, I'm afraid. Do you see them change in appearance when entering a haunted lands tile?

Answer
only once. i had 2 ghostwalkers on the same tile. one finished his "haunted lands" ability the next turn and the other on top turned into a electric blue silhouette wreathed in blue flames. it was odd but once i moved him it went away and i never saw it again. didn't really think anything of it. i didn't get a screen shot because i hadn't learned how to do that yet.

also
1. the unit statistics tab does not show anything. it shows up as normal but it wont list any of my units. Ive got a Lv 14 Barnaxus and iv wiped out 2 other civs. But as far as that tab is concerned I haven't had a single combat the entire game.

2. when i try to open world builder late in the game (huge world, 20 civs, ancient, marathon, turn 600 or so) the game CTD's just after the world builder loads. I can only get the smallest glimpse of the world map before it shuts down. (on a side note during that few moments i can see the map. i have huge tracts of ocean in the minmap that are solid black there are so many sea monsters on it. must be several hundred between me and the next nearest continent. could this many units on the map be what is causing the crash?)

Patch C:

1. Unique Features no longer have name labels.
2. Brigit doesn't spawn in the Ring.
3. Exploring a lair, got a undead spawn - display merely said txt_key_unit_skeleton instead of the event.

The TXT_KEY_SPELL_ABILITY or whatnot is from an update in the DLL which requires a new text key from FfH's text file. Just copy the GameText from FfH patched to R over your FF copy.

@LastWordz: Download the file from the first post and that should all be fixed. It's a minor python glitch.

@LastWordz: Download the file from the first post and that should all be fixed. It's a minor python glitch.

Thanks - I was about to post something. I saw the bug report then had to go out for some late-night shopping. Valiantly putting on a brave face to the world despite my known... Bug Guilt.

There was a thread just the other day warning of using Winmerge + python. :ack:

UGH. patch C. Already game loading is full of pyhon exceptions...

after choosing leader, race, etc, game itself announced some kind of "text key" python exception :confused::confused::confused:

Keep getting this python exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvAppInterface", line 47, in onSave

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'onEvent'

Seems to happen during autosave turns.

only once. ... a electric blue silhouette wreathed in blue flames. it was odd but once i moved him it went away and i never saw it again.

Ah. You should be seeing that whenever Ghostwalkers are in the Haunted Lands. I'd guess there's some graphics setting you're using, or quality of your graphics card, that's causing the problem.

Are you using the setting that has each unit displayed as one figure? That's caused problems with artstyles before, IIRC.

Beyond "fiddle with your graphics settings" I don't know how that might be fixed. Maybe someone with more technical knowledge does.

But, since you don't see the special effect anyway (except for that 1 time) you could eliminate the promotion causing the glitch. It's called "Hauntstalk (Artstyle)" and is in Civ4PromotionInfos.xml. (Lines 4649-4700 of patch C's version.) You could remove the whole promotion, but I think that'd break savegames. However, deleting just line 4653 (AutoAcquire) should do it: The promotion will never be applied.

aaaa that would explain it. i never used that ability because i stopped playing that game before i could go to war with anyone and use it. i must of hit the icon accidentally. i use multiple unit graphics and have a fairly decent graphics card but the bug didn't bother me much just minor inconvenience. ATM I'm trying to figure out why the game CtD every other time i load an autosave. i have this suspicion that it may have something to do with unmoved units on the map. but i haven't been able to repeat the crash when i try to deliberately provoke it. I'm probably wrong about it anyway. hope i helped some.

UGH. patch C. Already game loading is full of pyhon exceptions...

I'm also experiencing those when starting the Game.

I did not get the one when selecting leaders, but right wenn the game starts it gives me a Python exception:
----
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvAppInterface", line 47, in onSave

Attribute Error : 'module' object has no attribute 'onEvent'
----
The strange thing is: That doesn't happen every time o_O

for you guys getting python errors : make sure you download the attachment in the first post of this thread - unzip into your Fall Further 50\Assets\ directory (it should replace the file in your python subdirectory).

You could tolerate the errors and play without the fix, but along with the nuisance of the popups you will have very unpredictable results and a lot of things won't work :)

Patch C - Scions under the Risen Emperor don't seem to get the Emperor's Mark in their newly founded cities...

Experiencing a CTD with a MAF on the end of turn 93!
The crash appears everytime I complete the turn.
I'll append the save file. Patch C and the CvEventManager Hotfix are installed.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0093.CivBeyondSwordSave
    254 KB · Views: 62
Patch C

Playing as Scions

Hundreds of turns in, and I've watched my 'Awakened' chance tick down but haven't had a single one come up from the tomb.

Restarted, tried again, different leader, same deal. Auto-Awakened seems broken.

P.S. this worked just fine before I applied the patch. (Went from .50 nothing to .50 C)

Hello - It's me again :rolleyes:

Auric just completed his damn "Deepening" Ritual, and since that I get a Python Exception every turn 5 to 15 times in the beginning.
I appended a Screenshot.
There is always one PE among the mess with one Line changed.
I appended a screen of that also

Next thing: Is it intended, that turning a Forest into Haunted Land (Either with a Ghostwalker or using a Rooted Creeper) removes the Forest? If I remember it correctly that didn't happen with Patch A.

Attachments

• PE.jpg
    PE.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 58
  • PE2.jpg
    PE2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom