How do I invade Brazil?

Nonevah

Prince
I'm playing an Immortal Assyrian Conquest game, on Standard Continents. My first two invasions went very well, and i've almost completed my third. I have four range + logistics crossbows, two with accuracy and two with barrage, and another with accuracy and logistics for good measure. However, I'm in a bit of an awkward situation.
First, I'm running a really bad deficit. I'm able to get away with it owning to having full honor with gold from kills and all the pillage and city-sacking gold, but it's a bit awkward never being able to spend it in fear of risking bankruptcy. I have no idea what can be sold, though -- my spending is 47 unit maintenance, 46 buildings, and 14 road maintenance.
Furthermore, once I finish off Patachuti, I have no idea what to do to go after Brazil (he just denounced me, too.
Should i try going through Valetta? Note all those forest-hills, range three is practically worthless there. Furthermore, Brazil might attempt to attack Constantinople amphibiously.
Or, should i try and do an amphibious attack from Constantionple to Belo Horizonte or Rio dan Jinero? Note my total lack of a navy, especially in the inland sea (why do the mountains have to be in the two places for a canal city? Why? Why?????)

Pictures:
Spoiler :

Valetta Invasion Route:

Note that my soldiers are currently to the south, taking out the last Incan city. Probably want to bribe the city state a bit extra then declare war to lock Pedro out.

Constantinople Invasion route:

With astronomy landing south east.

I don't really get how caravels would help with that? There is costal water there.

Mm. Note that my armies are only about 10 tiles away from valetta, what with finishing off the Inca and all.

you can bring a worker to chop those forested hills to give one or two ranged xbows the vision they need. you can send those 10 units by Valletta to cross the lake towards Rio. land and clear units and take the city.

if you plan on completely taking the continent then go ahead and start with Brasilia but i'd only do that if i thought Pedro still had more than one tech to steal. and id drop some gold on allying Valletta if he's allied with Pedro. you could even try to have Valletta take Brasilia if you dont want the happiness hit if there arent any techs to steal.

There are quite a few techs to steal: he's 5 percent ahead in literacy (I've been a bit lazy about science this game, wanting to use my unique ability.)

I did just invade through valetta and brasilia. I lost a highly promoted crossbowman and a siege tower when Pedro bribed the pale-green city-state mid-transit, but I managed to wear down Brasilia and take it.

Top Bottom