The Great Wall in Multiplayer?

bonafide11

Worker
Supposedly, the Great Wall is supposed to make everyone offer you peace. I was at war with two other civs and got a great builder, and I thought "it'd be nice if I could focus on tech instead of military for a little bit, I should use the Great Builder!" Well I built the Great Wall, but I wasn't offered peace. The other two human players were still at war with me and I couldn't get peace; I wasted the Great Builder on an absolutely useless Wonder. Nobody had engineering yet so it wasn't obsolete. Did I miss something? Otherwise the Wonder shouldn't even be in the game.

I'm going to take a guess...

It's because the designers thought that it'd be unfair to not be able to make war with another player. What they didn't think was that any person with a mind and a want to kill another player would just make bee-line to engineering and proceed with the attack.

Can anyone confirm if the Great Wall does anything in multiplayer against human players??? I know SOMEONE else has had to have tried building it in multiplayer before, tell me if it worked for you!

I'm not even sure how the game would enforce the Great Wall effect with live players. Couldn't they just declare war right after peace was announced?

The peace treaties last for at least 4 turns don't they? After that, human or AI can be allowed to attack again.

No, in the last game I just played the guy built the Great Wall the turn before my units attacked him. It never enforces peace, not even temporarily, with the human. If you're at war with the player before the Great Wall is built, you're still at war with him after it is built.

From my experience The GW does work as long as you are already at peace with the other players when it's built.

Top Bottom