Deity-Lite(TM) game I - England

Agreed. About the only time I'll ever scrap a game 10 turns in is when that bonus settler shows up and plants itself right in my face. At least make Alex work a bit.

Amen to that! I am just starting to play Immortal level games and even the number of units I see at T20 boggles my mind...I am scared stupid at the thought of Diety.
I get so angry when I see that 3rd or 4th city plopped right next to my capital and I am lucky to have my second city built.

Isn't that a lovely idea. I played the old roll when it was posted. I guess, there is a reason why human players don't get a worker or an extra settler on Deity. You will just roflstomp over the AI's.

@OP, I do wish that there was a difficulty level between Immortal and Deity. It has been a struggle for me, but at least I feel I am making some progress. Still, the extra units seems like your buff might mean that things are easier than Immortal?

What I would like, is suggestions for civ/map settings combos that make Deity easier -- but still play like a regular game. I mean, besides using Babs/Maya/Poland! I have tried a few watery civs on archipelago but that didn't really help me. Any ideas?

The other change I'd want is for the AI to NOT SETTLE USELESS CITIES JUST BECAUSE THERE WAS ONE RING OF FREE DIRT LEFT!

So sorry that I missed this earlier. There is a one-line setting in the config file to increase minimum city distance from 3 to 4 (or more, but then some CS settlers may never plant). This one tweak has increased my enjoyment tremendously! I don't resent the AI unit spam, but the trash cities just kill the fun.

I guess, there is a reason why human players don't get a worker or an extra settler on Deity. You will just roflstomp over the AI's.
LOL - If your pics are from the original start I was surprised to see your E neighbor didn't forward settle you more. That's quite a great setup.

@OP, I do wish that there was a difficulty level between Immortal and Deity. It has been a struggle for me, but at least I feel I am making some progress. Still, the extra units seems like your buff might mean that things are easier than Immortal?

Yeah, part of what I was doing here was to create a process to test out maps with Firetuner. That part worked pretty well - but the additional units are best added in the IGE mod. The Settler, Worker, Scout are probably overkill for most regular Deity players, but a newbie would have more room to play sub-optimally (as long as the 2nd city gets a lux immediately).

My approach to Immortal has been to avoid Rationalism until Industrial, then only go 2 in to Secularism (or skip it altogether). Deity is still not that much fun to me unless it's a strong civ and/or cool dirt. The Spain DCL has been great because it brings me back to the old days where I was obsessed with exploration, and getting the Magellan bonus movement (Civ 3 or 4 - or 2?)...

LOL - If your pics are from the original start I was surprised to see your E neighbor didn't forward settle you more. That's quite a great setup.
I think I replayed because Kameha got Petra. So I made sure so rapidly expand in every direction during my second replay, thanks to all the luxuries. I also bribed Pachacuti to attack Ghandi to distract him from my expansion. There is no Ghandi on the map, as you can see. :lol:

Top Bottom