Is there anyone interested in co-hosting the ICL?

budweiser

King of the Beers
I'm not looking to stop posting maps entirely just yet, but I wonder if anyone would like to take turns posting maps?

Challenges are now scheduled for every ten days so you would be posting a game every 20 days.

Thanks!

I can help out but be warned all maps will not be scouted out and most likely Fractal! Here is a screenshot of my current turn 338 on the recent ICL with Venice... you can see my East and West Armies are converging! The Mighty Puppet Empire and it's glorious Army!!

Spoiler :

I definitely wouldn't deny this, but I feel like I don't have the know-how. PM me with things I am 'expected' to do to make this any good

as a player, the only thing i'd expect anyone to do is vet the maps. if it just devolves into people throwing maps up with little effort then it doesnt feel particularly planned or designed.

What happened to Gustavus Rex?

Well you do have to play the map a little bit yourself to make sure its OK. That can take anywhere from 20 to 100 turns depending and sometimes it makes it hard to get a good win yourself when you do that.

F.A. you can post the next map on or about Feb 27th if you like.

stromtrooper412, we will try to get you in the rotation soon after.

as a player, the only thing i'd expect anyone to do is vet the maps. if it just devolves into people throwing maps up with little effort then it doesnt feel particularly planned or designed.

I agree to a point. I don't usually have a problem with any maps that I roll. I play them out to the end in most cases. I know some maps have a problem with polar ice and that can be annoying. I honestly have never rolled a map that was so OP I was upset since it had so much amazing land. Usually I roll a map looking for a more difficult start and it always seems that Fractal works almost every time I roll one but I am partial to Fractal. I usually cook the map choosing the Civs because I find that if you put Greece, Korea, Poland, and Ethiopia in the game it makes it more difficult. Greece and Korea are imperative for every game I roll, unless we are going to play as Greece or Korea! I used to roll all random Civs but I do not like getting all Warmongers or all Peacemongers in the game so I choose them to make it more balanced with some Warmongers and some Peacemongers. Of course we are talking about Immortal here so it is much easier than Deity by far. I used to never play anything but Deity and the only reason I got into this is because we have a small player base that plays ever game and that is more of what I enjoy, being a part of the group that plays every week or two on every map no matter what type of map it is. I gripe sometimes but in all reality I am not trying to say that I am right and everyone else is wrong. If you played the last ICL as Siam you will find it was very OP with all that salt. I may not scout out my map very much but I will try to post a map up that doesn't have that type of land. I think the Austria map before the Siam map is more of an example of what I would post.

The biggest problem with these are that players can download the map and scout it out and reload/restart many times if they choose so it really doesn't matter what the map is because we are not checking the final turn saves. These ICLs are more for fun and to share as we all know. It also can help new players to learn.

Anyways... I will post up on Feb 27th and it will be a fun change of pace for me but it doesn't mean I have to post every 20 days. Stormtrooper can post up after my rotation and perhaps another player can post next. It is not a bad idea to rotate Hosts and get all players involved. I'll make sure not to post any Civ that has been played yet and I will try to find the least OP Civ to post making it a little harder as well. Perhaps another Bonus Challenge is in Order with a suggested VC type.

I agree to a point. I don't usually have a problem with any maps that I roll. I play them out to the end in most cases. I know some maps have a problem with polar ice and that can be annoying. I honestly have never rolled a map that was so OP I was upset since it had so much amazing land. Usually I roll a map looking for a more difficult start and it always seems that Fractal works almost every time I roll one but I am partial to Fractal. I usually cook the map choosing the Civs because I find that if you put Greece, Korea, Poland, and Ethiopia in the game it makes it more difficult. Greece and Korea are imperative for every game I roll, unless we are going to play as Greece or Korea! I used to roll all random Civs but I do not like getting all Warmongers or all Peacemongers in the game so I choose them to make it more balanced with some Warmongers and some Peacemongers. Of course we are talking about Immortal here so it is much easier than Deity by far.

Yeah, Korea by far is the most headache-causing (on deity).
High science AND wonder flavor, with a UA which can get out of hand with the bonuses AIs get on deity.

On immortal, not so much.

Actually if you put in a mix of warmongers and peacemongers (and play with bribes) it makes the map TOO easy. (you just bribe the warmongers against the peacemongers; your empire is kept safe from the warmongers, and the peacemongers do not get to wonderwhore or runaway in peace); the hardest would be to have ALL warmongers (such that they are of comparable strength and bribing would actually cost a fortune) and then require the victory to be DomV OR to have all peacemongers (similar to the Brazil map I gave you) and then require to have no war whatsoever (and require victory to be CV).

But of course, since we are ICL/DCL and not GotM, we don't restrict victory types, I think we shouldn't worry about difficulty too much, esp. on immortal. The main thing is to have fun and get people to participate.

Korea is more of a problem when he's the other side of the world and you can't get to him. He can launch before T250 sometimes. But if he's close, and he hasn't gone Full Honor like he sometimes does, then it's Aan-yeong-gi-ga-se-yo to him!

Top Bottom