The AI in game....

Callonia

Deity
Is actually pretty good to the point where they act like an average human. I haven't known how bad people could be until I started playing world of tanks, it was where I first saw how bad people could be. At first it kinda made me upset, then I learned to have fun with it and chilled out.

Only today, I thought of civ 5, and went hey, the AI is just liek those guys I see in world of tanks. Although the problem with this is, it's too easy xD hence our thirst for more from firaxis to ramp up the ai to give a good war.

Yup.

Form a poll and ask here in the forums about what people would do in various situations.

A couple that come into mind now are: If a human has 12 thousand gold sitting, and is at war with a neighbor would they prioritize on rush buying units in order to win said war? The AI pretty much never does that, even on Deity.

Another one is: would a human player buy all CS one turn before a UN vote just to prevent the AI from winning, or win themselves a Diplomatic Victory, given they have the gold to do so?

Now, both of these instances have to do with gold, but they are examples that even the dumbest human would instinctively do such actions. The AI never does. I'm pretty sure there are other instances where pretty much every human would perform an action that the AI never does in CiV.

Form a poll and ask here in the forums about what people would do in various situations.

A couple that come into mind now are: If a human has 12 thousand gold sitting, and is at war with a neighbor would they prioritize on rush buying units in order to win said war? The AI pretty much never does that, even on Deity.

The Patch should fix that, I believe.

But, I have in games seen Human Players act dumber than the AI. Now no AI is as good as a good Human player, but some players are definitely cringe worthy when compared to AI.

Making the AI smart enough to optimize resource allocation (i.e. using its cash to best effect rather than letting it sit) should be reasonably easy to do.
However a major peeve is also that the AI is incompetent at warfare, and that would be much more complex to fix (although there are some easy ones such as never parade great people/settlers/workers alone next to ennemy troops)

Team Fortress 2's bots are far better than most of the free-to-play TF2 players I've seen.
Although FPS games aren't as complicated for AI to handle as strategy games like civilization are.

Sorry, I almost forgot that i made this thread xD

I have seen times where I warned a teammate of certain death like two Tank destroyers staring down this are they just dun care and go around into the open and get blown to pieces very fast lol.

Now, does that sound like monty to you? xD Or angry AI players that want their capital back even when they only have armies of spearman against your longswordmen.

As for looking for a good war, one of my favourite simple mods to do is just greatly reduce the AI train % and leave everything else. If they can't have quality, at least they can have quantity.

Top Bottom