You don't get a diplo penalty with everyone for doing this?

Heerlo

Jedi Master Hearlo
I had an experience recently that I'm not sure I've ever had happen before, since I'm not a warmonger.

I had already been in a war with Mongolia, and later I was keeping troops around the border in case we got into a war again.The Khan saw the troops and I got the diplo screen where he acted like I was about to attack.I denied it, of course, since I wasn't.But eventually he attacked one of my CS allies and got into a permanent war with it.So I then did declare war, to defend the CS and to make sure that he had no easy way to get to it once I made peace with him.And of course, he said that I had broken my word.But I did not notice any other civs giving me a diplo penalty for doing that.

So you don't get a penalty with everyone for pulling that stunt(remember, this is vanilla)?

Edit:Oops, accidentally posted this in S&LP.Sorry.:DI would appreciate it if a mod would move it.
Moderator Action: -> thread moved. Don't hesitate to contact us directly if you need a thread moved, renamed or similar things. Else we might not see it, and we're sure not angry if anybody asks us to do such things ;).

I thought you did get a penalty with all civs? My recollection was that most of them addressed you as "dishonorable" in diplomacy.

if you break a promise not to attack a civ, then everyone will bash at you for it.

I thought you did get a penalty with all civs? My recollection was that most of them addressed you as "dishonorable" in diplomacy.

if you break a promise not to attack a civ, then everyone will bash at you for it.

Well, I don't know why, but they have not done me that way this time.

well, to be safe, i suggest positioning ypur forces one hex away from being on their borderlines. my next chapter comes out sometime today.

I thought it was only with the civ you made the promise to?

I thought it was only with the civ you made the promise to?

That's the way it happened in this paticular case, but NotSure thought it would happen with all civs, and I kinda thought that might happen as well, but it didn't.

Top Bottom