Harbor trade route

Will99

Chieftain
Sorry, I'm sure the answer is already on here but I couldn't find it.

If my capital is landlocked, to get the trade route does a city's harbor need to connect to the captial via a second city's harbor (and road from that city to the capital) ?

I don't suppose a simple road from the capital to the coast would work ?

If your capital have ships blocking your sea routes you'd have to build a road to another city to connect the trade route. Not sure what you mean by landlocked, enemy land units don't really block trade routes unless they pillage the road or enemy land have taken your road tile.

And no, you can't just build a road to any coast to connect trade routes.

Not sure what you mean by landlocked, enemy land units don't really block trade routes unless they pillage the road or enemy land have taken your road tile.

I mean that my capital is not on the coast. If City A builds a harbor, does it need to connect to another city with a harbor and a road connection from there to the capital ?

Simply yes. You have to connect your capital by land to another city (City B), then if you want City A to get a trade route you can either build a harbor in each city or simply build another road connecting them.

if your capitol is not on a coast and you have 2 other cities, both on the coast, you can build a road to the first coastal city and put a harbor in it and you only need a harbor for the other coastal city for it to be connected to the capitol to establish the trade route.

and oddly enough this works in situations where it shouldnt, like when you have a city w/harbor on a coast that is locked by ice/land from other waterways and another coast city on the opposite side of the continent with access to the rest of the ocean. if they both have harbors they are connected.

Top Bottom