[BtS] - Updates and progress

Updated the first post. I can't wait to see what's broken now. :)

edit - And the most important post gets pushed to the bottom of the last page. :mad:

I hate that. Please check that one until I get a volunteer (Geo :D) to test the artdefines.

Please respond to my post in the other thread you posted a link to artdefine files.

No XML errors, just a hard crash with the "improvements" I made. :(

Here's the XML log, which is bigger this time. Way more UnitInfos listings.

Attachments

• xml.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 64
According to that log, the crash is occuring were loading the 25th unit in the units xml, which is the great engineer. I looked in the art defines and find none fore the great engineer, thus the CTD.

Never underestimate the debugging power of log files:)

Thanks, I was about to test something else, but I'll tweak that now.

I'll have another log in a minute. :p

Since I'm not sure how you counted that log matt here's another.

I had to get rid of a lot of UNITCLASS errors after getting beyond the Great_Engineer issue.

Attachments

• xml2.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 58

I had to get rid of a lot of UNITCLASS errors after getting beyond the Great_Engineer issue.

That would be art define for bombard missing

I'm about all the way through UnitInfos. I hope there are no XML files after this one

I wish I were brave enough to remove every instance of this crap. We must be getting close as there aren't many units left.

Attachments

• xml3.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 71

BTW I can tell which unit is causing the problem by counting how many times this line occurs in the log file: "info type not found, Current XML file is: xml\Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml"

I broke through the unitinfos into a world of hurt. Several XML files that must be new to BtS that have references to BtS units, buildings, ect. Crap.

I was actually initializing the engine when I crashed this time, but I have several odd XML errors to find.

Attachments

• xml4.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom