Welcome New Members

Hi!

Been around this place as a guest for several years now and finally decided to join.
I've played civ for a long time, 15 years at least, most of the games without a plan or thought at all, just for fun. It wasn't until recently i've started to care about difficulty level and stuff. I certainly learnt a lot from this place.

English is not my nor My ipads native language, so beer with me if my spelling is incorrect! :)

See you around!

Hi all! I've been rediscovering Civ 5 again (stopped playing about a year ago - finally have time to play), and part of that involves this forum. I lurked around here for a day or two before I stumbled upon a thread that I just HAD to reply to. And so, here I am.

Oh, forgot to mention - I got hooked on Civ a while back at a friends house with Civ III. I remember staying up almost all night (up to about 5AM) playing on my friend's computer. I was staying at his house in his room - I didn't really see any need to stop.

Hi, brand new to civ... Don't even have a computer yet. Laptop can't play civ... I am wondering if someone can give me PC link for $400 USD or less that can play civ 5. Preferably pre built.
Also, own a PS4 so the only reason for PC is school an civ... Thx.

I am 14, i have played basketball for 6 years, and football for 5. Favorite sport ~Hockey. Favorite video game ~NHL

Hi! I'm after summer 18 turning high-school senior from Finland. I got hooked on civ few years ago when I tested older ones(1 and 2) and finally found Freeciv. Just now I'm going to buy civ 5 and start ruling the world.

I'm interested in girls ;), painting and drawing. I also play many sports for example football, ice hockey and tennis. I also hunt birds and like fishing. Yeah.. And I like almost every hobby there is except running. :lol:

Hello. Brand new to
Civ and beginning with V. Addicted already. No other game I've ever played could get me to sit down and focus on an over an hour long video to learn how to play when I can hardly wait to cut my teeth and just dig in…. any advice?

LadyKattana:king:

Greetings,

First of all I would like to let you all know that I am from the Netherlands and that English is not my native language. I have been playing Civ 5 for a few years now and I have to say that this is by far the best game I have ever played.

I have been playing this game for hundreds if not thousands of hours and I just can not get enough. Also I would like to say that I have visited this site on numerous occasions and I would like to let you guys know that I find this site really informative and that I enjoy the way you guys respectfully communicate with each other.

Shashka

Hi everyone, this is my first post, have been playing Civ V for about 4 months and addicted...Favourite game has been archipelago as england with a brilliant naval fleet which saved me from ruin many times! Once you get the extended range and the 2 x attack upgrade on the frigate, the world is your oyster!

Can anyone help me or direct me to the right thread?: I have a city connected to the capital with a road, and a city state is in the way but the road is complete and has been for many turns...why has a trade route not established?

thanks in advance

Hab

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 18.24.40.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 18.24.40.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 159
You need to be friends (or allied) with the CS (Capetown) for the road to Montreal to form a trade route.

Sup guys. I've been lurking for a while now. Only now I made an account. So.. yeah.

Hi.

Well... Here I am. Lurked for months, read... made notes... playing on deity now and finally feel the need to vent enough that I made an account. Cover your ears(read eyes), break out the toilet paper AND the tissues, brace yourselves, this could get messy.

Hey everyone! I know it's hard getting into a civ 5 multiplayer game so I wanted to post my stream here so that if any of you would like to come get into some games and get better or learn a bit feel free to stop by and say hi! www.twitch.tv/hetoup2 we also have a group that you can join if you're in need of other players to play with thank you everyone!!

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to register. I've been playing the Civilization series of games ever since Civ I in 1992. I played a lot of I and II, some III and IV, and now I'm focusing on V. I still have a soft spot for some aspects of IV, especially the random events, the vastly improved diplomacy, and the rock-paper-scissors aspect of combat, i.e., units specialized against other types of units, which could be stacked together for protection.

I was slow to warm to V, especially 1UPT and the "randomized" or "chaotic stupid" AI approach to diplomacy, but I've been won over by the gorgeous graphics, the city-state system, the sheer number of unique civilizations, and the tremendous number of options available through religion, trade routes, and the World Council. The monotony that crept into earlier versions of Civ is gone.

I must be the only player who learned V by winning the Polynesia "Paradise" scenario four times in a row, once with each faction. :lol:

I mostly play on King level because I'm still learning, and I like to have the flexibility to try suboptimal strategies or policy choices, especially role-playing. If I play Egypt I will open Liberty just to build the Pyramids :egypt: and if I am Japan you can bet that I will go for Himeji Castle and Shinto. :ninja:

Immortal and Deity seem to be like playing grandmaster level chess, where every move is planned out in advance and there is only one winning strategy. That does not sound like much fun to me.

Anyway, I hope I can learn more about this game before VI comes out!

Hello! New Civ player so far but it's a game I always wanted to play just ... I am really bad at playing all the games I own. Now that I am playing it, it has consumed my life and that's not good considering I have a job to keep!

But I love it. I'm on my fourth game and still learning so sure I will have questions in the future.
(Won first game in Domination, Lost second due to time limit, third one I turned off time limit but won before it with Science. Reloaded an earlier save to try out the other types of victories - learned Diplomatic victory is pretty easy - at least on Prince. )

Hi everybody! :band:

I just realized the computer icon in Civ V is an IBM DOS PC...it took me long enough to realize that :p

Hi! I've lurked the site since the CIV 3 days, but just registered today. Got back into Civ with the release of the 5th game, and love it! I'm not looking at Beyond Earth, but I'll be playing Civ 5 for awhile!

Top Bottom