Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germans traditionally lived in the areas Hitler was asking for...:mischief:

Hitler was asking for the corridor, which was majority polish, only gdansk and prussia was majority german. Prussia was traditionally a apart of Poland during the times when it was still German.

Wrong thread btw, use this thread this thread is for altered maps.

Yes but poles traditionally lived in the area.

"Traditionally Polish" haha.

That is a silly statement. No region is "traditionally" anything. Europe has had massive population shifts and migration periods over the last 2000 years.

It is estimated the first Germanic tribes inhabited Silesia at least in the 1st century AD, with the first Slavic tribes arriving in the 6th century, after the great migration period.

Poland was the third nation-state to rule Silesia, after the kingdoms of Moravia and Bohemia, anyways. :D

I'll post a map :D

Hope it hasn't been posted before :p

Shows the votes for the Nazi party in the 1933 elections.

Ostpreussen, Pommern, and Bresslau are bad and should feel bad.

"Traditionally Polish" haha.

That is a silly statement. No region is "traditionally" anything. Europe has had massive population shifts and migration periods over the last 2000 years.

It is estimated the first Germanic tribes inhabited Silesia at least in the 1st century AD, with the first Slavic tribes arriving in the 6th century, after the great migration period.

Poland was the third nation-state to rule Silesia, after the kingdoms of Moravia and Bohemia, anyways. :D

The presence of germanic tribes in Silesia is a hypothese, not a fact.
Anyway, the nation of Germans do not descend from these germanic tribes anyway, while Poles descend from these slavic tribes that've settled in this area.

We do not have any direct knowledge about Silesia belonging to Moravia and to Czechs before Poland. We know that Krakow did belong to Moravia, and it is assumed that if Krakow did, probably the road to it through Moravian Gate belonged to them as well. It's probable, but there are also roads through Slovakia, so it's not certain. And it's only about Upper Silesia anyway.

The same, there are no infortmation on that Silesia belonged to Czechs, apart that there was a conflict between Czechs and Poland when Poland conquered what would later become Silesia, and that some later czech bishop claimed Silesia and Minor Poland as part of Prague Bishopric. The second thing is really far-stretched. The first thing, again, is probable, but not sure, especially since the tribes of Silesia may have been simply allies of Czechs, or that the conflict occured when Poles reached Czech borders south to Silesia.

I still think we should get lwow... If we had Lwow, i would not ask for any more territory in the east.

I regret Lwów wasn't left polish after ww2, but the case is definitely closed. Only 2% or so Poles live there, and Poles in Ukraine, apart from Zytomierz region, were exterminated by Ukrainians, resettled to Siberia and Kazakhstan, or moved to Silesia. Almost nothing remains. So it'd make no sense to change the border.

Grodno and Wilno are different cases, because they still have a large polish presence, and the rural areas around are still polish. But Wilno is too far away, and it's a capital of Lithuania etc, so all I'd hope for is an autonomy, or at least Lithuanians stoping attempts at "re-lithuanisation" of these Poles.
The same for Grodno, though it's the only city that could actually return to Poland. But I don't want to open any border questions in this part of Europe, so all I hope is national freedoms for polish population there.

I regret Lwów wasn't left polish after ww2, but the case is definitely closed. Only 2% or so Poles live there, and Poles in Ukraine, apart from Zytomierz region, were exterminated by Ukrainians, resettled to Siberia and Kazakhstan, or moved to Silesia. Almost nothing remains. So it'd make no sense to change the border.

Grodno and Wilno are different cases, because they still have a large polish presence, and the rural areas around are still polish. But Wilno is too far away, and it's a capital of Lithuania etc, so all I'd hope for is an autonomy, or at least Lithuanians stoping attempts at "re-lithuanisation" of these Poles.
The same for Grodno, though it's the only city that could actually return to Poland. But I don't want to open any border questions in this part of Europe, so all I hope is national freedoms for polish population there.

I wonder how much of those Ukrainians in Lwow are actually assimilated poles with Polish background/can declare polish background though.. Should be a whole lot.

Also how did you get that ó from lwów in the keyboard? Did you copy and paste? or is your keyboard customized?

I wonder how much of those Ukrainians in Lwow are actually assimilated poles with Polish background/can declare polish background though.. Should be a whole lot.
I wonder how much of those assimilated poles are assimilated Ruthenians. :p

Also how did you get that ó from lwów in the keyboard? Did you copy and paste? or is your keyboard customized?

I have a polish keybord.
I don't think there are many people of polish origin left there.

I wonder how much of those assimilated poles are assimilated Ruthenians. :p

Poles in Lwow are assimilated Ruthenians, yes, but mostly Germans (sic!),
and also Jews, Armenians, and others.

Yeah! Nigeria should annex Togo and Benin because of all the ethnic Yoruba in both countries. :mischief:

I would magine plenty of Togoese and Beninians (?) would, yeah. as would many, many many other people around the world.

I would imagine plenty of Togolese and Beninians (?) would, yeah. as would many, many many other people around the world.

Many,many other people like the people on this forum? And besides I don't think the Togolese and Benin Boys (I know that not the proper demonym but I'm rolling with it) won't mind that much.

A part of my dad's side of the family remained in what is now Belarus because they did not want to be re-settled to Pomerania, or somewhere else in western Poland.

They now don't even speak any Polish - but Russian instead. (Belarussian is a dying language)
We don't even have any connections with them, really, except that my dad knows about them and went to visit them once, a long time ago.

This is kinda close, except it's 251 BC in a Europa Barbarorum game I'm playing, so the gray is actually ma Makedonia. :p

Attachments

• loleb.png
    loleb.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom