Bug Reports and Solutions

I've been experiencing CTD in several instances (different games/scenarios). Usually happen after I hit "end of turn", and when the game is processing AI's moves. I am not sure if it's specificly FT or what. Also, the map size, and/or civ numbers, do not seem to be the clue of the cause. If I reload the game, I can continue the turn.

I am trying to hunt down all bugs before V10 and I will need to do some major playtesting myself the coming days. I will see if I can recreate the situations you are talking about and then check the logs to see what might be off. I want all these bugs to be eliminated before V10.

Hey LeSage,

Starting playing the Tanites like you asked a while back and I'm not finding anything lacking. I've not finished the game with them yet, but since I have ALL the wonders with them minus the holy temples, #1 in military strength, and almost twice the point score of the Arcana in 2nd place, I think the game is pretty much sealed. I am playing on the Tamriel map by the way.

One thing with the water wells, I am seeing that they are not giving me a fresh water source so I cant build farms in a landlocked city with no rivers or lakes present. This has been with the Tanites and the Crystallin thus far.

I also got my fiance to play this as well and we've been doing a multiplayer game. Seems well so far, but we're forced to use a random map and only playing with 8 added AI's just so she can get used to it. She likes it so far. We'll tell you how multiplayer works out.

Nice. I wish I could get my girlfriend into multiplayer Fairy Tale too (so I could conquer and vassalize her if nothing else).

I will be looking over the Wells before v10. Ono-Neko also reported an issue with them that I have on my to-do, so I hope to make them work more like they should.

Just played on the Middle Earth map. Could not build the higher spells, only the minor Skysnake, not the Major or Supreme. Could not build the Purple Tower. Even at the end of the game, after learning all techs.

Ok, I cannot move on to the next turn in this save file.

I checked the python log, but there's no error with python anyway. However, LSystem.log may have something of interest:

LSystem failed to place node Leaf_Farm_4x4!
building:Art/Structures/Buildings/Water Well/well_clas.nif does not contain a node called SHADOW. Its shadow, if present, will be corrupt!

There are a lot of similar entries there. I've included all my log files as an attachment as well as my save game.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    37.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Edward Longhorn AD-0451.CivBeyondSwordSave
    790.1 KB · Views: 134
Charlesb69: Thanks for reporting. I'll check your stuff out. The spells seem to be faulty. I'll change them.

I don't know what the problem is with the Purple Tower. I haven't changed it in any way for ages. You need to have Diplomatic Victory enabled in the game to be able to build it. I'll check it's XML and see if something has gone wrong. I must admit that I haven't tested the Prple Tower too much, since I most often don't go for DiploVic myself, so I'll see what is wrong with it and correct accordingly.

Ono-Neko: Thanks for your bug-files. Makes things a lot easier. There seems to be something dead wrong with the water well, but as I told Jennvare, here above, I have my eyes on it now and will be correcting it for v10! I'll try out your saved game immediately. I just have to get coffee first... :)

EDIT: Unfortunately I can't even open the savegame. The fact is that I'm runnig a new computer with basic Fairy Tale 9 and all the patches. There are no changes to the version I have on this computer from what is downloadable from ModDB, since I've not worked ont he XML or other files in any way over here. Do you have all the patches for the game installed? Check the downloads page and see if you have them all; there's quite a few out now, sadly, but v9's been working bad. The tenner will be a lot better though.

Thank you kindly, gentlemen, for reporting this kind of stuff!

Le Sage, I do believe I have all the patches installed, except the missing interface patch (which I have never experienced this issue). It is strange that you cannot open my save game at all. Just for the sake of my curiosity (and possibly yours), I am attaching two of my save game files from different scenario. See if you can open any of them.

Attachments

• single.rar
    896.1 KB · Views: 140
Nope. I couldn't open those either. Weird. I wonder if the Missing Interface Patch causes the saved games to invalidate, because that's the only thin that differs from my version and yours. I think that's the badguy here, actually, for I changed the name of a Religion even...

Oh well. I will now go over your logs again...

EDIT! Wait. I got the saved game open now (I needed to turn off modular loading. I've been working on Angleeye as a module! Stupid me.) and it does indeed crash. I'll see what it's about now.

I recreated the crash in my first try, but when I loaded the game again, it wouldn't crash again. Geez. Here's the savefile continued after the turn you crashed though, so you can at least continue the game. I will try to recreate the crash myself again...

Attachments

• Edward Longhorn AD-0451.CivBeyondSwordSave
    793.8 KB · Views: 117
I posted the updated save file in the post above. I indeed had a crash myself, but now it's working OK again... Continuing to look for the fault...

Ok, thanks. I'll see if I can continue the game (I've updated my FT with all patches now, and sadly, deleted all my save files due to assumption that I wouldn't be able to play them again).

Edit: Yep, I can open the save game and continue on. Thanks a bunch!

Sup guys,

I am attaching a save game for a simple error that comes up. It doesnt affect gameplay so it's not anything serious. The error says

"No GP Icon for unit 9" and it repeats itself several times during the turn.

Not sure what is causing this.

Also, for the Tanites, do they have a national hero? I havent finished the tech tree yet, but I havent seen one come up yet.

Attachments

• Jennvare Fairy Tale.CivBeyondSwordSave
    679.3 KB · Views: 154
Sup guys,

I am attaching a save game for a simple error that comes up. It doesnt affect gameplay so it's not anything serious. The error says

"No GP Icon for unit 9" and it repeats itself several times during the turn.

Not sure what is causing this.

I got that several times too, usually late in the game.

Hey LeSage,

Update on the Tanites..

As I said in a previous post, I cannot seem to find the national hero for the Tanites. I've finished the tech tree but one is not available. Time to put one in?

Also, Tanite Heavy riders cannot upgrade to Paladins. Is this intended. You may wish to give them more withdrawl chance if you want the Tanites to still use them in the late game.

Will try another civ with the next game and see what I can find.

When Crystal appears, you can build a mine, which gives 3 hammers and 3 commerce, OR the magicians workshop which gives 3 hammers and only 2 commerce. Both give crystal so why would you build a workshop? Perhaps disable to crystal from the mine, and don't let crystal be found in a mine without any bonus, like you can discover a source of iron or copper etc.

One other thing I just remembered,

After researching all the techs, I was trying to go for a cultural victory just to finish the game.
When I went adjust the slider for more cultural points, I realized there was no slider for it. I could adjust espionage and science, but there was not one for culture.

You may wish to remedy this since some of your buildings give happiness based on whatever the culural slider is set.

Top Bottom