Version 10

Le Sage

Emperor
Fairy Tale Version 10

This is the most massive update of Fairy Tale yet. There is a huge amount of new material as there are now two new playable kingdoms. HighwayHoss has created a new, cool Vestallan Kingdom, ready to conquer the world. The Angleeye Kingdom is playable in some of the new scenarios supplied with the mod. Lots of work has gone into creating new world maps and scenarios and streamlining the experience. This is the update of Fairy Tale to beat them all. Bugs have been fixed, maps have been created from scratch, units, buildings and leaders have been added.

With update 10 of Fairy Tale we celebrate Civilization 4 and consider its greatness for a while. This is in honour of a great game! Let us all hope that Civ5 will give us just as much joy.

Installation

Drag and drop the Fairy Tale folder found within the .zip file to your mods folder in the Beyond the Sword folder. Do NOT place it in the MyGames folder. If you have a previous install if Fairy Tale, delete the old install entirely before installing this new one. Choose "Advanced" in the Main Menu and then "Load a Mod". Then choose Fairy Tale in the list and the game will restart with this mod loaded.

This mod has been tried and tested on several systems and setups, both on Windows Vista and Win 7, to be working OK.

Come visit us on the Fairy Tale Subforum on CivFanatics. http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=389 There will be a Fairy Tale 2 for Civilization 5, but support and updates for this one will not end. We will continue working on this and making it even more fun!

Download here

V10 Update, September 18, 2010

*Added the Kingdom of Angleeye, playable only in the new scenarios.
*Added HighwayHoss' Kingdom of Vestalla.
*Zero-Project updated two of his songs to newer Versions. "The Crusader's Return" and "The Valley of Tears".
*Gave the scenarios and maps a total makeover.
*Took out all å, ä, and ö alphabet characters, because they actually screwed up the interface for some players!
*Reverted the CvEventManager to an older version to avoid Crashes to Desktop.
*Corrected minor screw-up with the Collective Citystyle, making their buildings look weird.
*More Civilopedia work done.
*The Great General has been cut. Matriarchs, Kings and Princes take his place and are now settleable in cities.
*Map trading can now be done from tech Cartography.
*All Scouts and Explorers are now only defensive again.
*The Dead Civ is again playable.
*The Viking Swordsman is now available from Iron Weapons.
*The Tanite Hero is now playable.
*The Tanite Heavy Rider is now upgradable to Paladin.
*All Dragons now ignore Terrain Movement Costs.
*Updated leader portraits for Edward Longhorn.
*Removed the Death Roller since it refused to work correctly.
*Rogues no longer have Hidden Nationality. The AI doesn't use them good, but the player is free to use them to their full potential.
*Removed Axemen for Principality and Collective.
*Mines no longer extract Crystal.
*The Collective can now build Watchtowers as well.
*The Warfactory no longer needed to build the Hellbeast national hero unit for the Collective and Angleeye.
*No more 'No GP Unit Icon for Unit 9' error message.

OK I just downloaded V10 and checked it out...looks really good (Thx Le Sage for the unit buttons) However I noticed my Halberdiers got neutered stat wise! Also Le Sage commented on the fact that the Vestallan Longbows were potentially too powerful; so I will do some work on fixing those.

Also like the new Highwayman unit; Will write Fairy Tale for him; I might rename him also.

BTW Credits: Most of the Vestallan Units are conversions of Chuggi's Rohirrim Units which I found in the old Dragonia mod; I recolored them and added shield coloring. I am quite pleased with how they came out. The frostgiant is by seZereth.

Might also look at TheChanger's Fairie Units; maybe add some Fairie allies for the Vestallans....

Hey. Yeah, I think I used the Angleeye Pikeman as template for the Halberdier, which makes him weaker than intended, you can change him to your wishes in the patch. I need to work on the maps myself. The resources situation on the Fairy Tale maps is ridiculous, actually. I have cities nearing their thirties in the game I am doing, and it's just not fun. They build humongous stacks with such resources and cities too...

I will add the Credits at once.

Attached is a fix for V10 of Fairy Tale. It tweaks the values of the Vestallan Units; it also has a new Fairy Tale for the Highwayman. Just merge with your FT mod's Assets folder and overwrite.

Attachments

• FT VestallaFix.zip
    75.8 KB · Views: 187
OK thanks. I'll have this in the patch too. I am doing the maps, and it's taken me all evening. I am only on Fairy Tale Map 06 still, but I'll have them done soon.

Note: If you install the fix found above, you need to put the two folders Text and Units in the XML folder of your Fairy Tale mod folder.

OK thanks. I'll have this in the patch too. I am doing the maps, and it's taken me all evening. I am only on Fairy Tale Map 06 still, but I'll have them done soon.

Note: If you install the fix found above, you need to put the two folders Text and Units in the XML folder of your Fairy Tale mod folder.
Oops my bad...:blush:

Fixed the file goof...also fixed a couple of Typos in the text file.

Attachments

• FT VestallaFix.zip
    76 KB · Views: 171
Top Bottom