Fantasy pack 1: Landmarks

Walter Hawkwood

RI Curator
Surprisingly even for myself, I've discovered yet another game I could rip some stuff out. Moreover, it is based exactly on A&A engine (or the other way round). This means a good thing and a bad thing or two; the good thing is I'm making several packs of cool fantasy buildings now. The bad thing is, since it is A&A engine, units are utter crap to Civ4 standards - and I'm not releasing any (unlike A&A, this one has no detailed ships). Oh, and "bad" news for anyone expecting more WW2 stuff from me is it's going to be delayed somewhat - for now it's fantasy all the way.

All the buildings are quite detailed and many use nice effects with embedded animations. Nevertheless, they are yet again surprisingly lightweight when it comes to polycount (with some exceptions I will certainly note). As a rule of a thumb, they are no more stressful for the game to put in than most buildings created by CFC community. The names for the buildings are just kept from original game, and don't imply they should be used exclusively for the stated purpose - especially since the purpose itself can be quite vague. Now, to business:

1) "Encampment". A kind of barbarian/nomadic castle, I guess. Non-animated.

2) "Kraal". This spells something trollish or orcish to me. Slightly animated - the banners will flow.

3) "Mage Tower". Well, it is a tower and it's magical all right. Equipped with slightly pulsating purple glow.

4) "Mana Node". Looks like Tower of Babel gone bad to me. An impressive building; non-animated, but with a nice "energy pillar" effect.

5) "Shadow Mana Focus". Nice glowey purple crystal pillar.

6) "Temple of Air". Looks like a perfectly legit Air Mana Node to me. Has an elaborate animation with lots of swirly stuff and lightnings. Looks great in motion.

7) "Temple of Fire". Ditto. Very nice effects too.

8) "Temple of Ice". In four-way elemental mana terms, it should be Water Node, I guess. Animated as well, with a rotating crystal and mist around it.

9) "Temple of Earth". You should get the drift by now. Note that this one is somewhat high-poly related to all other buildings (but still lighter than, for example, half my EE2 buildings).

10) "Watchtower". An impressive piece of masonry with a slight mesoamerican (?) feel. Non-animated.

11) "Wildwood". A grand tree with some purple glowy rocks in front of it. Something like Yggdrasil, I guess. The glow pulsates visibly.

Other packs will feature faction-specific buildings (and there are some pretty wild ones there!). Hope all you fantasy mod-makers out there will find this pack useful. Especially, I'd be delighted to see these buildings added to FfH2, my favorite fantasy mod for Civ4. ;)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11947

Actually, I was expecting more WW2 units [maybe some destroyers, who knows]. But I can wait a while. Congratulations, nice stuff.

I must say it: I LOVE YOU Walter ! ;)

Some of the buildings will go to replace placeholders right now :) Or just replace some non-placeholder buildings, they are sooo good.
I want to release new version of my mod on friday, so the buildings will get used soon
I impatiently await the next pack :)

And by the way, thanks for all other buildings you converted - many of them wandered into Orbis, too...

Just a minor note - you should probably mention the name of the game these come from.

Actually, I was expecting more WW2 units [maybe some destroyers, who knows]. But I can wait a while. Congratulations, nice stuff.

For some reason, there are no destroyers in A&A. Only battleships, carriers and landing craft. And I won't be doing battleships, since every one of them already has a good counterpart on CFC.

I must say it: I LOVE YOU Walter ! ;)

Some of the buildings will go to replace placeholders right now :) Or just replace some, they are soo good.
I want to release new version of my mod on friday, so the buildings will get used soon
I impatiently await the next pack :)

And by the way, thanks for all other buildings you converted - many of them wandered to Orbis, too...

Just a minor note - you should probaly mention the name of the game these come from.

Nice. :)

Kohan 2: Kings of War. I wanted it to be a challenge for the curious actually, but you're probably right...

Wait can the game extractor help make pcx files into useable civ 4 files?

HOLY CRAP THESE ARE AWSOME! these are so downloaded.

but now the question is, will you be making any more packs??????

I think I was very clear on this point. :)

Wait can the game extractor help make pcx files into useable civ 4 files?

Of course not. If you have a bitmap image, like .pcx, the best you can do is convert it to .dds if you need it.

I think I was very clear on this point.

oh haha i didnt read i just gawked at the pictures :p im adding all of these into Warhammer :D

EDIT: which game are these ripped from? i want to google it lol :p
EDIT 2: once more my reading skills failed me as i saw the answer above lol thanks!

Maybe i can use the second for my "geothermal heat" resource :).

It has an animation, which doesn't fit :(.

But i'm using the 3. building for my "Martian State Church" and the 4. building for the "Tranformation" national wonder :).
They look good ingame :).

Of course not. If you have a bitmap image, like .pcx, the best you can do is convert it to .dds if you need it.

That's kind of what i meant, since a pcx file is really a 2d image; But if it can be converted to .dds, that would definitely help.

Top Bottom