Computer Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread II

What kind of monitor is it? It would seem that it works as more than just a monitor.

It's actually a Sharp LCD TV. But it's doubled as my desktop's monitor for 5+ years without any problem.

The really weird thing is there's no issue at all if I turn it on after Windows has loaded. It's only if it's already on when the computer is turned on that this will happen.

Avast! and Malwarebytes' Antimalware are a good addition (and they're free),

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the combination of those three make the best protectionm but am not sure.

Avast! is a little resource heavy for my liking, I recently uninstalled it from all my systems and installed MSE instead. MS Security Essentials will do the same job at a fraction of the resources. :)

It's actually a Sharp LCD TV. But it's doubled as my desktop's monitor for 5+ years without any problem.

The really weird thing is there's no issue at all if I turn it on after Windows has loaded. It's only if it's already on when the computer is turned on that this will happen.

Then don't turn the monitor on before...? :lol: Sorry that I can't help you.

Avast! is a little resource heavy for my liking, I recently uninstalled it from all my systems and installed MSE instead. MS Security Essentials will do the same job at a fraction of the resources. :)

Its a good idea though to have a secondary on-demand antivirus. Dont do two realtime ones because that can make a mess of things.

seem to be having a problem with Abode Flash, get nothing but green screen on many videos and if it's not a green screen then it's very choppy. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it or a link to an older version?

When saving things to my second hard drive I'm hearing a clicking sound that's new. Does that mean the HDD is on it's way to dieing?

seem to be having a problem with Abode Flash, get nothing but green screen on many videos and if it's not a green screen then it's very choppy. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it or a link to an older version?

Try right clicking on a video, click 'settings', untick 'enable hardware acceleration'.

When saving things to my second hard drive I'm hearing a clicking sound that's new. Does that mean the HDD is on it's way to dieing?

It's probably failing mechanically. Back the heck up if you haven't already.

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to reset my phone's wireless card (or w/e it uses for internet) without having to reboot the whole phone? It's a Samsung Galaxy S II.

2. Every day, when I start tethering for the first time for the day, I get the "Choose Network Location" dialog box, with the standard 3 options (home network, work network, public network), and each new day, the network number goes up. Is there a limit how high that can go? It's Windows 7 64 bit. Also, is it possible to stop that number from rising every time I start a new tether for the day?

That's interesting. I used that for several months and suffered no issues (Chrome).

I noticed in Firefox 13 if I leave a tab alone for long enough it'll refresh automatically when I go back to it. This annoys me. How do I turn this off?

I have been sent a large table in Excel, which only takes up 23 lines vertically but many, many more horizontally. I wish to print this to be able to work with it in the flesh; how do I do this in a way which leaves the information comprehensible as a table?

Printing in horizontal format should do the trick if there are not too many horizontal entries. Else try decreasing the font size so the columns don't take up so much space.

What do I do if I suspect someone has been hacking into my computer while I sleep, turning it on and deleting stuff, then turning it back off before I wake up?

Top Bottom