August Patch (1.0.1.383) is out!

A civ AI's guide to war:
1. find a reason to invade the biggest player in the game.
2. Declare war.
3. Beg for peace after one of your spearmen are killed by their GDR.

The AI is not that intelligent. It does everything without any viable reason.

it seems to me that the biggest factor for AI declaring war is when you have an inferior military.
Not at all, in the current game I've had them declare war many times saying "I'm probably going to get myself killed, but I need to do this"
Then a few turns later, after sending no units, they ask for peace and offer me everything they have

Slightly reduce the bias to sneak attack.

I'm hoping it greatly reduces it when the AI thinking about DOW has a weak military compared to the target.

Tradition got a buff. The happiness part being moved earlier affect is mostly dependent upon what the exact rule is for population. If it truncates though you still need a size 10 city to benefit from it on turns your not building a wonder.

The change to food in the capital stacked with the finisher of more food everywhere is much better.

Oh and one big change that helps A LOT is that you no longer need to end your turn twice if a unit needs orders before a new turn can begin. VERY helpful thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Actually, people are complaining and there's a post in the bug reports section about this. The problem is that if the unit's movement points are not all used up it (reportedly) doesn't give you an opportunity to move them again. So if you frequently give movement orders that span more than one turn but don't look to use up all the movement points for the last turn of movement, movement points get wasted.

That's my understanding of it anyway.

It wouldn't be too bad if it didn't rinse and repeat constantly.

This. In the game i played this night - which i have abandoned as i suck at small empires, 3 city game with Gandhi didnt work out as Alex will win an eay diplo / science before i do cultural - France and America conatsntly DOW-d me, sent over like one unit, then asked for some ridiculous peace every 10 turns, then after 30 turns normal peace terms, and this repeated since the BC-s. They dont even send stuff, depsite being my neighbours and France having INF while i only have rifles, and he has a lot of them.

The concept is fine, the problem in Civ V is the AI isn't smart enough to do things that benefit them.

No, its not. Peaceful victory conditions will never truly make sense if the winner takes all. As the end of the game approaches players have nothing to lose, so every game will end in a world war, if all players including the AI play rationally.

Actually, people are complaining and there's a post in the bug reports section about this. The problem is that if the unit's movement points are not all used up it (reportedly) doesn't give you an opportunity to move them again. So if you frequently give movement orders that span more than one turn but don't look to use up all the movement points for the last turn of movement, movement points get wasted.

That's my understanding of it anyway.

That's not what I've seen. They seem to have just changed when within your turn you finish AI movement. Actually, I like it the old way better. If you hadn't completed your turn actions, the game stopped until you did and you had to click end turn a second time. Now it prompts you to complete the unfinished actions, and then automatically ends the turn. It takes some getting used to.

That's not what I've seen. They seem to have just changed when within your turn you finish AI movement. Actually, I like it the old way better. If you hadn't completed your turn actions, the game stopped until you did and you had to click end turn a second time. Now it prompts you to complete the unfinished actions, and then automatically ends the turn. It takes some getting used to.

Hmm, I may be misunderstanding what's going on then.

The bug report I'm talking about is this one:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=435351

Probably not. I had a look at the XML files, and what I noticed is that several civs have had their 'Deceptiveness' toned down a bit:

Alexander 4 > 4
Askia 4 > 3
Augustus 7 > 6
Bismarck 7 > 7
Catherine 7 > 7
Darius 5 > 5
Elizabeth 6 > 6
Gandhi 3 > 3
G Kahn 3 > 3
H Rashid 7 > 6
Hiawatha 7 > 5
Isabella 6 > 5
Kameham 4 > 4
Montezu 7 > 7
Napoleon 7 > 7
Oda 7 > 6
Pachacuti 7 > 6
Ramesses 6 > 6
Ramkham 7 > 6
Sejong 4
Suleiman 7 > 7
G Wash 7 > 5
Wu 7 > 7

From what I understand, this 'Deceptiveness' would play a role in how likely it is they declare on you while being friendly to you.
Interesting. Has anyone tried lowering these all to '1' or even '0' to see what would happen? It would be nice to work on changing diplomacy now instead of waiting for the SDK to be released.

Interesting. Has anyone tried lowering these all to '1' or even '0' to see what would happen? It would be nice to work on changing diplomacy now instead of waiting for the SDK to be released.

No i'm not supposed to change that to improve the gameplay...

I have bought the game from firaxis so they should fix it...

From what I understand, this 'Deceptiveness' would play a role in how likely it is they declare on you while being friendly to you.
You see the numbers have gone down slightly, 2K Greg was talking about a slightly lesser chance of backstab, and I think it's these numbers they've adjusted to establish this effect. Consider this an amateur's guess, though, because I'm no expert on what's under the hood in this game.

Isn't loyalty the flavor of atacking you while beeing friendly or i am wrong? I thinx deceptiveness is more that they act friendly but hate you therefor it looks like backstabbing but isnt it...

Loyalty: Will atack you even if they are friendly(not fake friendly) and have positif modifiers?

Am i right or am i completly wrong?

BTW: Why are more then the half of those leaders deceptive this should be someting that is "rare" to make it more unpredictable... Firaxis explain that

The most recent post says the same thing. It is just a timing change and not a bug.

If I end up with a unit with two movement points remaining after ending my turn, and use just one of those movement points, the turn automatically ends without me being able to use the remaining movement. I hate it and at least want the option to go back to the old scheme.

If I end up with a unit with two movement points remaining after ending my turn, and use just one of those movement points, the turn automatically ends without me being able to use the remaining movement. I hate it and at least want the option to go back to the old scheme.

Really? that does sound a bug then, but other than that, i do enjoy the automatic turn end, i don't see anything wrong with it, you already ended your turn and have everything ready for next anyway (or should be)

Really? that does sound a bug then, but other than that, i do enjoy the automatic turn end, i don't see anything wrong with it, you already ended your turn and have everything ready for next anyway (or should be)

The problem is that you cannot move your other units, so f.e. if you wanna move into a city that has a garrison you can't as you wont be able to move the unit out of it. Annoying as all hell

Interesting... MPers should be happy (I guess). I just wish they would make it so that you could play mods in Hot Seat. It can greatly help in testing mods/maps/scenarios. Also, there are mods that I just can't play without (City-State Diplomacy mod... anyone)!

My only question is, why does Firaxis hate Navies?

What Mpers?? LOL! Im sure they have all moved on by now and given up on that fight. I know I have. :)

That is not what I experienced in my games so far. The mechanics are the same in that you have to finish your moves; it's just the timing that changes. It allows you to hit end turn, and as soon as you finish ALL of your moves, it proceeds. I'll be paying closer attention to it, but that is what I've seen so far. It isn't that bad. It just takes some getting used to.

That is not what I experienced in my games so far. The mechanics are the same in that you have to finish your moves; it's just the timing that changes. It allows you to hit end turn, and as soon as you finish ALL of your moves, it proceeds. I'll be paying closer attention to it, but that is what I've seen so far. It isn't that bad. It just takes some getting used to.

Test it. The game doesn't wait until you finish your move, it just gives you a chance to take a single action, regardless of whether that uses up all of your movement. If you're careful you can avoid wasted movement, but I have auto-end turn disabled and resent this being forced upon me.

Guys, just so you know, Dennis Shirk has already confirmed a bug was spotted in relation to the "turn ending" problem.

Note that for players like myself who cycle through all our units before pressing end turn (which may be what Civsassin is doing too), usually by repeatedly pressing the "w" key while we play, the problem rarely occurs, if at all.

Top Bottom