Civilization V: Who/What Am I?

I'd say it's a building... I'll go with Garden (can only be used next to fresh water).

I'd say it's a building... I'll go with Garden (can only be used next to fresh water).

He said it can only be used in a certain place. Not certain places.

Hence, the Civilization V DVD-ROM that goes in the disc drive is the only appropriate answer.

I will be expecting my point. Hoorah.

None right so far.

Hint: By God, is it beautiful.

Hence, the Civilization V DVD-ROM that goes in the disc drive is the only appropriate answer.

That's not it, but the would definitely be a good trick question. I'll remember that if you go :)

He italicizes God, so I'll bet its religious somehow.

Otaman and Trexeric already guessed. :nono:

Well, seeing as how my first "guess" wasn't a guess, at all, but a joke (I swear)...

Let me officially say...

Patriarchate of Constantinople, which can only be of use with the Byzantine Empire. It grants you an extra belief.

No s/he didn't. S/he said it is only of use in a certain place. Your interpretation implies that it can't be built unless some certain requirement is met if it's a building. The original implication is far softer and might just be referencing the geographical (or otherwise) optimization of whatever it is we're guessing. Sure, the answer might end up conforming to your reinterpretation but there's still a difference in scope with your statements. I really wish people would stop reinterpreting clues and stick to what's given. It misleads other guessers.

My guess is: monasteries?

No s/he didn't. S/he said it is only of use in a certain place. Your interpretation implies that it can't be built unless some certain requirement is met if it's a building. The original implication is far softer and might just be referencing the geographical (or otherwise) optimization of whatever it is we're guessing. Sure, the answer might end up conforming to your reinterpretation but there's still a difference in scope with your statements. I really wish people would stop reinterpreting clues and stick to what's given. It misleads other guessers.

My guess is: monasteries?

That was a joke, dude. Seriously. :mischief:

Seeing as how ten guesses have been made for the current hint, this is a placeholder for the next Who Am I?

What does Colombus have to do with Civ 5?

I believe Columbus was also a possible Caravel name in the New World scenario.

Technically, all buildings and tile improvements are of use in a single place by this logic (all buildings can only be built in city tiles, all tile improvements save for roads/rails can only be built in non city tiles).

EDIT: Yikes, only eight guesses by my count.

Well, here's my guess: Faith, the certain place that it is of use is Civilization V itself, and I suppose it is beautiful in its own way.

Grand Temple.

Yessir.

The Grand Temple can only be used to double the pressure of your religion and produce faith and culture in the Holy City where the religion was founded.

The second hint italicized God for religious purposes, but also beautiful is usually synonyms with grand: http://thesaurus.com/browse/beautiful It was another very subtle hint.

Okay, I'll go.

Hint:

I am a military unit, and in the real world, I was originally designed to counter other military units that were never explicitly represented in Civilization II, III, IV, or V. Ironically, I eventually came to serve in the real world combat role of the military unit I was originally designed to counter.

Top Bottom