Seven World Wonders

Culture: Hermitage and NVC :) Other than that - Louvre.
Commerce: Machu Pichu
Happiness: Forbidden Palace.
Religion: Hagia Sophia
Science: National College :)
Military: Brandenburg Gate
Best overall: Temple of Artemis (sadly almost impossible to get above king :) ).

Are you kidding? Its so easy to get this it feels like cheating.

Well, I have tried it many times on immortal, and always failed , so I decided not to bother with it again, no matter how awesome it is. You probably have to go directly archery - TOA, but that doesn't really feel right.

Well, I have tried it many times on immortal, and always failed , so I decided not to bother with it again, no matter how awesome it is. You probably have to go directly archery - TOA, but that doesn't really feel right.

same experience here. and if you do manage to get it, you have no settlers, workers, faith, and no land left to pick. It is rare for me to see that still available on turn 40 on standard. I honestly have no idea how others are getting the colossus, toa, and notre dam on anything above emperor. Petra is tough as hell to get, but worth it when the land is right.

the only time I ever had notre dam or colossus was when the turtle ships became available to me. :)

Military: Big Ben

The only good Military wonder to build is Big Ben. Zeus, TC, and Alhambra require early investment that would be better spent on units of equivalent hammer value. Zeus is good to capture later. If you manage to build Alhambra before the AI, it's probably in a city that's only going to be producing wonders and not units for the rest of the game. Brandenburg there is less AI competition for, but still enough that you would rather be kicking out 3 extra cannons or frigates at this time.

Science: This is really flexible. Anything can be turned into science, namely food if you are tall, or happiness (so that you can work farms) if you are a wide empire. The best source of extra food on your start might turn out to be Petra. The "science wonders" will always be outperformed by a well-place early food or religion wonder (Borobudur being the best way for a wide empire to get Pagodas out in every city before Ren.).

Happiness: Eiffel, as it offers both raw smiles and ideology pressure protection if your tourism is weak, and is less situational/late than Prora/etc.

Big Ben will make purchases cheaper if you have the commerce social policy tree with mobility for cheap units and skyscrapers for buildings.

Top Bottom