Shopping on Steam

Hi all,

After reading these forums, and having played G&K for awhile, I finally upgraded to BNW. I'm loving it and find it to be the best Civ iteration yet.

That said, the module I purchased on Steam did not include Korea or a couple of the other new civs that are often discussed here. I went to the Steam store, but the product descriptions don't give out much info on what else I should be downloading to get those other new civs.

So, can someone point out what I need to purchase so that I have access to all of the new civs? It looks like I could buy them one module at a time, but that seems rather silly.

I'm sure the answer is so simple that I'll be embarrassed that I couldn't figure it out, but I'm stumped after several attempts.

Thanks in advance.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/36075/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

Check the content, and see what you are missing (you can avoid the map packs). Instead of getting BNW only, buying the complete edition would have been cheaper as it contains all DLCs in addition.

Ok, that works. I thought that's what I was doing when I upgraded. Not to worry. I just wish they'd made that a bit more clear in the description when I got my "half-upgrade".

Oh, and I could care less about maps. I usually play random maps (with random civ) because I think exploration is a big part of the fun. But I do want to play with/against all of the civs…….right now, science victory is a bit easy (immortal/deity level), although I'm about 40/60 to win my current game (China, forced to go for science because Shaka has 35 cities on the other big continent and even upgraded CKN's can't take that on).

Thank you for the link…..can I send you a bill?

Ok, that works. I thought that's what I was doing when I upgraded. Not to worry. I just wish they'd made that a bit more clear in the description when I got my "half-upgrade".

Oh, and I could care less about maps. I usually play random maps (with random civ) because I think exploration is a big part of the fun. But I do want to play with/against all of the civs…….right now, science victory is a bit easy (immortal/deity level), although I'm about 40/60 to win my current game (China, forced to go for science because Shaka has 35 cities on the other big continent and even upgraded CKN's can't take that on).

Thank you for the link…..can I send you a bill?

to send me a bill ?

to send me a bill ?

I was kidding. The price on the link was a whopping $49.95. Since I just spent $30-something on what I thought was a complete upgrade, I was jokingly offering to send you a bill to help offset this cost.

Your response was appreciated and I've already upgraded. Sorry if my sarcasm was lost in translation.

PS. I was wrong in my original post. 4 upgraded CNK's (which quickly became Gatling Guns) took out about half of Shaka's continent. The AI is even worse at warfare than I had previously thought.

PSS. I hope all of the other contributors to this board know how much these discussions are appreciated by people like me. Without what I've learned here, I'd still be going hack-and-slash every game and would have become bored long ago.

Top Bottom