Why AI dont attack me with nukes???

Subotai777

Warlord
I am in war with another civ,and they have many nukes,but they dont attack with them.Why???

do you really want to be nuked? Nuking another civ will cause a great diplomatic penalty to other AIs as well, and that the blasts hit a nearby unit from other AIs or CSs will lead to wars with them too.

Not usually last time I remember an ai nuking me was in vanilla and that was one of my first games don't remember who I was playing, but I will never trust Suleiman again. They nuked my city 3 times with a-bombs they never got to ICBM. I wouldn't know now how often AI's nuke me or others cause I could never make it to the late game until now but no nukes yet.

I like the fact the AI doesn`t want to use Nukes. They seem to now have the respect of the gravity of such things everyone should have.

Now just make Nukes about 50% more devastating with after radiation and even the Player will try to avoid using them, making things equal.

One time Hiawatha nuked my Air Force base and I lost all of my stealth bombers. So yeah, they do nuke you on occasion.

It's actually pretty realistic. The risk of war is so high that no one will want to do it until one nation starts taking over a bunch of cities. Once a nuclear weapon goes off well... they all just lose their minds. But the risk of a nuke is too high against other nations whereas simply going to war and not taking any of your cities is not.

Consult this image:
Spoiler :

Unless you nuke them first, the AI has a chance of (x*x)/100 to nuke you if they think they are losing, where x is "Use Nuke" as found in the chart (note that in every game there is variance in the range of +2 and -2 for these values).

The typical AI therefore has between a 9/100 and 49/100 chance of nuking you when they are losing.

Note that even Gandhi (who's dice roll has a 100% chance of landing on "nuke") will only consider nuking you if he thinks he's losing the war. Without looking at the peace terms AI, I would guess that as long as your opponent isn't offering terms that are favorable to you (i.e. giving you gold/cities), they will not nuke you. Which is a pretty big flaw IMO. They don't even consider if their target has nukes or not!

For the same reason I don't use nukes on the AI. That crazy diplomatic penalty. I only really build nukes as a deterrent and only ever launch them if I'm in serious AHEM!-trouble or if I need them to stop a victory or such. Although the odds stuff above is a more reliable answer.

If you plan on keeping a city, nuking that city basically adds 20-30 worker turns to clearing fallout and pillaged tiles. Oh, and your army moves much slower and it reduces the population by half (and another half after you cap it). That makes capping a size 20 city suddenly a size 5 city that most likely doesn't have usable tiles.

I typically only drop a nuke on a city under three conditions. First, it's a size 40 capital with 150+ defense. Second, it would take significantly longer to use conventional military than to just nuke it, mop up, and move on. Lastly, I'm going to raze it and/or there's a military presence.

Top Bottom