Faith Store

Is Faith store reset to zero when choose great prophet from liberty finisher or got one from hagia sophia?

I don't believe so. I remember getting back to back prophets in the past.

However, I can't remember if a Great Prophet generation cost is affected by how many you have in the pre-industrial eras in a similar way to how other GP are affected by how many you generate.

So, if your next prophet will have a chance of being born at 1000:c5faith: and your at 990:c5faith:. However, you just finished HS and now your next prophet is now going to be born at 1500:c5faith:.

Hmmm....

I think free GPs are indeed free and do not increase the cost of the next. As I had that Hagia Sophia profet and naturally born one on the next turn, and I definitely didn't have 200 FPT at that point.

Thanks. Buit faith store however goes to zero when great prophet borns natrually. So if you have like 199 faith and 55 faith/turn. Next turn prophet borns you will have zero faith. It's like food in cities

Also it annoys me that this is only a chance to make a great prophet.

So you can save up 200 faith and not spawn a prophet. You can go several turns with this happening if you are unlucky. I have once had to wait 6 turns of being over 200 faith, and it cost me 1st AND 2nd religion. That makes it hard to play a religious game.

When you spawn a GP from Hagia, the Liberty finisher, Pisa or the Mayan long count, the GP counter increments to the next GP faith threshold, but your existing faith bank is untouched. So if you have, e.g., 276 faith (heading for the 300 faith GP) and spawn a GP from Hagia, the threshold for the next GP rises to 500, but you still have your 276 faith stored up.

Thanks. Buit faith store however goes to zero when great prophet borns natrually. So if you have like 199 faith and 55 faith/turn. Next turn prophet borns you will have zero faith. It's like food in cities

Food in cities carries over as well. The amount required to "fund" the next citizen increment is "consumed," but any excess is carried over.

What I find awkward is that if you play tall and/or have no religious buildings in your religion, and no reason to spread your religion abroad, you'll spawn several useless Prophets before getting to the Industrial age -- basically wasting a few thousand faith that could've gone towards a Great Engineer or Scientist. Ironically and very frustratingly, the only useful option for those extra prophets is to settle them, meaning that you'll only add fuel to the fire you're baking in. [pissed]

What I find awkward is that if you play tall and/or have no religious buildings in your religion, and no reason to spread your religion abroad, you'll spawn several useless Prophets before getting to the Industrial age -- basically wasting a few thousand faith that could've gone towards a Great Engineer or Scientist. Ironically and very frustratingly, the only useful option for those extra prophets is to settle them, meaning that you'll only add fuel to the fire you're baking in. [pissed]

Those settled GPs nearly always more than make up their cost though, unless you're running some insane amount of faith and you're settling very expensive profits.

I've never felt an extra cost to GPs upon spawning Hagia Sophia's prophet. I too have had back to back natural and hagia sophia prophets....

but yeah nothing worse then accidently spawning a 654 faith prophet because you forgot to buy anything else with it..

When you spawn a GP from Hagia, the Liberty finisher, Pisa or the Mayan long count, the GP counter increments to the next GP faith threshold, but your existing faith bank is untouched. So if you have, e.g., 276 faith (heading for the 300 faith GP) and spawn a GP from Hagia, the threshold for the next GP rises to 500, but you still have your 276 faith stored up.

This is correct. If you want back-to-back prophets, it's best to get Hagia Sophia to one turn left, work on something else, and then finish it after the prophet is born the natural way.

Food in cities carries over as well. The amount required to "fund" the next citizen increment is "consumed," but any excess is carried over.

So they have changed this and production "trick" explained in almost every deity let's play is wrong?

The food issue in the production trick is different -- has nothing to do with carried over food when citizens are created, just lost food when the newly created citizen is assigned to a tile on the turn it is created.

On each turn, the game measures each yield in the order shown on the city view menu -- food first, then production, etc. If, when the game assesses food, the food created on that turn, together with previously accumulated food, is enough to generate a new citizen, a new citizen is generated and assigned to a tile based on your city's focus (default, food, production, etc.). Because food for that turn has already been computed, any food that might have been generated on that turn by the newly created citizen is ignored (essentially, never measured), but other tile yields are. Hence, the advice is to set city to production focus before a new citizen is created -- you get production, gold, culture and faith, but not food, so set focus to production (or gold, faith, etc.) rather than food.

At one point in vanilla the food accumulation issue was much worse. When you generated a new citizen, it wiped your food basket to zero (like naturally spawned Great Prophets do to your faith basket), giving you a strong incentive to micromanage your food production to ensure that you generated no more food than necessary to get the next citizen.

Take a look at this post: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12311554#post12311554

Top Bottom