Trading reputation

ts64

Chieftain
I have some questions regarding trading reputation and wiped out civs.

In COTM13, I gifted Theodora to Industrial Age, I bought her free tech (Medicine) for Incense and 233gpt. 17 turns later she was eliminated by Egypt.
I had read the trading reputation article before so I was quite sure that my trading reputation would be destroyed, but when I investigated, it didn't seem to be.
I was not involved in the war. All civs knew each other. Byzantines were destroyed so no civs can be at war with them.

This is the tests I have done.

670AD, the deal with Byzantines is still intact and there is 3 turns left.
I can trade 10gpt and get 148 gold
I can sell Coal to Aztecs for 361g, they have 28 citys and 414 tiles
I can sell Furs to Rome for 269g and 6gpt, they have 15 citys and 129 pop

680AD, Byzantines are destroyed.
I can trade 10gpt and get 148 gold
I can sell Coal to Aztecs for 328gold, they have 27 citys and 389 tiles
I can sell furs to Rome for 262g and 6gpt, they have 15 citys and 131 pop

It looks like the value I can get for my resources and luxeries have dropped a little. I am not sure exactly how luxuries and resources is valued but the game conditions is not identical. But, to me, it seems like my trading reputation is intact, or is isn't it?

I don't know if it is because I traded both gpt and a lux in the same deal, or if there is any other explanation? In the trading reputation article resources is mentioned, is there any differences between luxury resources and strategic resources when it comes to reputation? If so this could be the explanation.

To test if resources is different, I sell Theodora salpeter for WM and 140g 670AD, she is destroyed in the IBT. Now I test the above trades for 680AD and the results is the same.

I have seen in several places, not only in the above mentioned article, that my trading reputation for sure should have been destroyed in this case, and it is not. Why?? What am I missing?

Thank you for the reply. The trade route where indeed intact until their destruction, their harbor and all their roads where even left after the last city where captured. So you are probably right that if the trade route is up all the time until they are destroyed, it doesn't matter if you have resources included in a deal with a civ about to be destroyed. This has not been clear in any other post I have read regarding this.

That's a good question in general. But in this particular case I don't think it would matter, since I could use Aztec harbor and roads to supply the goods. As I understand it, if I am not at war with anyone, the enemies of Byzantines will not block the trade route.

Here is an image of the last Byzantine city, Smyrna, the turn after it is captured. As you can see the roads from an Aztec harbor is intact.

Just out of interest, were you able to buy resources for gpt and would the price change the turn after? If you were not in need of anything available, perhaps you would be willing to investigate by pillaging your sources of one resource and then trading for it to see how the costs change?

Ok, I have tested this.
In 670AD I pillage my Iron source and can buy Iron from Arabia for 68gpt, I open my 680AD save, pillage the same Iron and the price is exactly the same.

There is no "hard gods" like techs availabe to try to buy for gpt, so I simulated that by testing how much gold I could borrow for 10gpt

Top Bottom