Is there anyway of making the computer to use aircraft carriers with aircraft in

_Impreza_

King
When making a scenario i put aircraft on the computers aircraft carrier but normally the compuet does not load them and puts the carrier in dock etc. How do i stop them from doing this and make the computer use this?

I have noticed that the computer rarely uses carriers effectively. I have been bombed by carrier based planes before, but usually only 1 or 2 a turn, so it doesnt matter, not like when I attack with carrier based planes!!:D

But i put carriers in my scenario and put planes on them and they desert them and the carriers. I dunno how to get them not to.

they dont rebase though they just stay where they were. will this work?

Originally posted by zulu9812
You mean the Carrier doesn't move out of it's city?

I believe Neomega meant that in a scenerio, you could create a plane unit that could not rebase. Then, if you place these units on a carrier at the beginning of the scenerio, the AI could not rebase them into cities. But once the initial carrier-based planes were destroyed, the same problem of the AI not using the carriers would return, no?

Impreza is trying to convey that he places the carrier with planes in a scenario. The AI apparently doesn't even use or what would seem recognize the carrier or the planes aboard it. So regardless if the planes are unable to rebase, the computer will just leave the carrier out in the middle of the ocean with or without planes aboard it.

This has been an issue for a while but Firaxis has shown little motivation to tackle this problem :(.

i saw a carrier on my game once, it does happen when u do play the game till long after teh AI gets the tech......and it was the largest civ so there u go

I've played games with multiple nations having multiple carriers, and using them too. However, I only knew this by being at peace with them and trailing them with nuclear submarines. The AI does not like to let it's carriers be in visual range of the enemy.

Originally posted by Neomega
The AI does not like to let it's carriers be in visual range of the enemy.

...and with good reason.

Top Bottom