New Civs - Confirmed Details

This isn't supposed to be the thread for speculation.

Yes, you're right. Wanted to post that into the Guess the Civs thread. My bad. No need for a new thread. (Or does my post more belong in the religion thread?

(Though, what's this thread for then, there's a stickied confirmed information thread already)

We know it is and it will almost certainly be so in game (just like Amsterdam will be the Dutch capital), but we're talking about details that have been confirmed by a gaming magazine, not just historically true.

Yeah, sticking to game-confirmed details, no matter how obvious it may seem.
Anyways, has there been any word on the Mayan UA, or any UUs or CSs?

Not a new civ, but Tyre has been changed to mercantile (source). I'm thrilled to here this.

I'll be shocked if Atilla's Court is not a military CS. Then again, doesn't really fit a military CS, should be outright barbs if anything, and no existing or added CS trait would match that.

It looks like the Celts are the teal color in the screen shot. Mayans might be the light blue color.

If light blue is Mayan, then Zulu is in, because you can clearly see yellow units that look like Impis moving over hills.

Jewellery seems like an interesting choice for a luxury resource because it is a manufactured product. Does it mean that you only get jewellery if you can provide gold, silver, or gems to Tyre? Does Tyre also have gold, silver, or gems within its territory and thus provide two luxuries?

Very interesting.

Jewelery is the bonus resource? That is beyond lame...

Imagine CS having actual luxury or even strategic resources that were unique. That takes game play and Diplomacy to a higher level.

Jewelery is the bonus resource? That is beyond lame...

Imagine CS having actual luxury or even strategic resources that were unique. That takes game play and Diplomacy to a higher level.

Actually, that is unique. You have access to a product that only you can use or sell to others if you are their ally. No other city state will provide finished Jewelry, just them.

I'm 99% sure the Dutch UI is a Polder. The UI in the screenshot looks exactly like one (dike and windmill for drainage) would also make the most sense.

I'll be shocked if Atilla's Court is not a military CS. Then again, doesn't really fit a military CS, should be outright barbs if anything, and no existing or added CS trait would match that.

It looks like the Celts are the teal color in the screen shot. Mayans might be the light blue color.

If light blue is Mayan, then Zulu is in, because you can clearly see yellow units that look like Impis moving over hills.

Or, the yellow one might be the Mayans, with the unit being the ever present Holcan, their unique unit in every strategy game they appear in.

Anyways, Dido is confirmed as the Carthagnian leader

Top Bottom