When You Warn an AI Of An Impending Attack...

NO. Code is clear in that sense; there is no "lying" part. Intrigues are discovered by spies in an enemy city, and put on a list. If some intrigue is shared by an AI, that intrigue is marked as SHARED in said list, and made available to the affected AI for decision making.

Bottom line, all intrigues are true. That is NOT a guarantee that they will come into effect, as the Strategy AI has complex dynamic code that shifts strategies on the go according to environment and changing conditions (that is why, for example, some players report "false intrigues" of imminent attacks when, in fact, their reaction to the shared intrigue changed the conditions of the game and made the plotter AI shift strategies from Sneak Attack to something else, effectively cancelling the initial plot).

It's all in the CvMilitaryAI.cpp file.

Good stuff. I only guessed the logic, but nice to see it confirmed. Cheers.

p.s. Would be kinda nice if the AI could sometimes lie to suit its own ends. Adding further confusion. LOL.

Good stuff. I only guessed the logic, but nice to see it confirmed. Cheers.

p.s. Would be kinda nice if the AI could sometimes lie to suit its own ends. Adding further confusion. LOL.

Yes, and in that sense, the word "intrigue" is not well chosen, as it implies exactly that. A better word could be "Intel" or similar, reflecting its nature as facts.

On the other hand, I can already hear the whining about how the "AI cheats by lying to me buaaaaa".... ;)

Top Bottom