Ultimate backstab!

ilik

Chieftain
I made a deal with Harun. He had a army a lot weaker than mine (Mr. Stupid Advisor said so). I traded one of my cities to him for 1500 gold (playing on emperor, he was making 165 gold a turn). Then I turned right around and declared on him! Took my city back, annexed it, built a courthouse, everything was fine! I was in central Asia and he was in North America. We made peace later.

And I became the richest player in the game :D

Hardly, as you've just reduced that city's population (and hence productivity/research) by half :lol:

Hardly, as you've just reduced that city's population (and hence productivity/research) by half :lol:

Indeed. Gold is cheap in this game, a grand is hardy worth what you lost in science with this little exploit.

Interesting that you had to Annex/Build a Courthouse when it was your city to begin with.

Would the city have been a natural city for Arabia then? I guess I've never traded cities except as peace deals, is there no longer a "natural" owner?

Eh... I"ve backstabbed someone who had like 10+ ongoing current deals with me. And DoF. I got sick of his military buildup next to three of my cities for like 30+ turns and i decided that it was enough and time for soldiers to leave whether they liked it or not.

And Hiawatha.. he was trading like 6 luxs to me for my 6 luxs. Trade routes, and all that bell n whistles. But he had two interesting fleets near one of my core cities and parked there for 10+ turns and it kept on amassing I didn't felt like losing a city to a backstab so I backstabbed first.

Interesting enough, other guys didn't mind cuz I Never signed a DOF with Hiawatha in first place so I avoided nuking my rep xD. I had dofs up with my buddies. Hiawatha came in and signed DOF with my buddies but I never signed a DOF with hiawatha but everything else was fine. Didn't denounce either. xD

I think I will just stay in permawar mode in order to avoid Hiawatha denouncing me.
After all if AIs can bully city states for tribute that's allied to me while being at war against them.. it's fair play. This is still not fixed in brave new world lawl.

Top Bottom