Small "Sub-Mod" of Religion and Revolution

Schmiddie

Emperor
EDIT: Submod no longer required (since Release 2.2). Therefore download link deleted!

Hi Folks!

I have made some changes of the mod for my personal taste and due to the fact that some players also mentioned that it would be nice if some small things could be changed (the train for example), I have decided to release a small "Sub-Mod" or....maybe an alternative of some features or graphics of the current version of RaR (2.0).

This Mod-Mod will contain the following changes:

- Train = changed to „carriage“
- Trainstation = waystation /coaching inn
- Route Models correspondingly changed:
- - Plastered road = country road
- - Railroad = plastered road
- Some buttons changed

Regards

Schmiddie

Here are some screenshots:

New Building waystation:

Spoiler :

New unit carriage:

Spoiler :

Changed style of "country road" and "plastered road":

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Wechselstation.jpg
    Wechselstation.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 2,745
  • Fuhrwerk.jpg
    Fuhrwerk.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 2,455
  • roads_art.jpg
    roads_art.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 2,600
Great job!

Hi Folks,

the sub-mod is now ready for download:

Feel free to give me a feedback.

EDIT: The Sud-Mod is available at Infracta now...

Hey Schmiddie, I've downloaded your modmod from Infracta, but are you sure you've uploaded the right version? In this version, I still have trains and train stations instead of carriages and waystations. Or are those coming with a future version?

Never mind my previous post, I've found out what's wrong; your uploaded modmod does contain carriages and waystations, but the XML folder is located within the Art folder, instead of the Assets folder, so the game can't find them. I've corrected this in my version, but maybe you'll need to correct this in your upload as well.

Anyway, I like your improvements very much! I liked what the trains did gameplay-wise, they just didn't make sense in the timeframe in which the game takes place. That problem is solved elegantly this way.:goodjob:

Amazing Schmiddie.

I'm hoping to install your version today and give it a try. One question though. Does your version take in account further improvements of RaR 1.6 or is it just RaR 1.6 with your additions.

Great work and thanks.

@Schmiddie:

in most cases positioning of Large Plantation looks pretty good, but there are cases where neighbouring field is ocean, where it looks, like the building is hovering over water.
I mentioned in my private message, but I thought it could be useful to have a screenshot.

Everything is fine.

The building has a brickwork as underground. This is the best solution. I have tested different underground styles (hills etc.), but this is the best solution since every other underground looks strange and misplaced (overlapping other graphics) if you place the plantation in normal terrain.

The following changes will be implemented in RaR 1.7:

- Graphic of large plantation and large cocoa plantation changed.
- Settler's milita (weak defense unit)
- Unit art styles of England changed back into „red“

Top Bottom