New Official Arriving / leaving / introduction thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taliesin said:
A combination of factors including increased schedule demands, imminent carpal tunnel syndrome due to the demands of my job, the threat of depression, and a desire to substitute real interaction for virtual, is causing me to minimise my online activities and commitments.

I am not leaving for good, as some of the discussions here are too interesting, and some of the people too smart, to completely ignore. I will probably still drop in occasionally, and maybe at some point in the future I will again take up more active involvement. For the moment, I become a visitor.

Especial thanks to Birdjaguar, Keirador, Plotinus, Akka, Yom, punkbass2000, The Last Conformist, and Mise, and doubtless some others, for consistently enlightening and entertaining me. Even in a virtual and anonymous space, your words do have meaning and considerable impact.

Toodles for now.

Good luck. :goodjob: I hope you find what you seek.

LIBERTEDAD!

I return,with posting ability,friends, though I willnot be very active for a while, as the bulk of my exams are ahead.

Yeah, since February I have taken month long breaks from the site as I had no internet access in my new flat.

I just don't make pompous leaving posts. ;)

Taliesin said:
For the moment, I become a visitor.
The River flows at night unseen
And lurking there is Taliesin;
He's soaking wet from head to toe
And thinking that it is not so;
Engage this world with just one thought:
"You've already found what you sought."

You will be missed. :)

Perfection said:
I have returned from my vacation!
I didn't know you even left.

Birdjaguar said:
I didn't know you even left.
Yes, you did, I heard your cries in your sleep all the way from that place that I was at for vacation.

Taliesin said:
A combination of factors including increased schedule demands, imminent carpal tunnel syndrome due to the demands of my job, the threat of depression, and a desire to substitute real interaction for virtual, is causing me to minimise my online activities and commitments.

I am not leaving for good, as some of the discussions here are too interesting, and some of the people too smart, to completely ignore. I will probably still drop in occasionally, and maybe at some point in the future I will again take up more active involvement. For the moment, I become a visitor.

Especial thanks to Birdjaguar, Keirador, Plotinus, Akka, Yom, punkbass2000, The Last Conformist, and Mise, and doubtless some others, for consistently enlightening and entertaining me. Even in a virtual and anonymous space, your words do have meaning and considerable impact.

Toodles for now.
I missed this. I was wondering where you were (you too, Birdjaguar ;)).

Come back for the debates. You certainly give me interesting perspectives to consider. :)

Perfection said:
Yes, you did, I heard your cries in your sleep all the way from that place that I was at for vacation.
Can't you mention where that was?

I'm back home tonight, and will have to spend some time catchng up. It's nice to be back. My trip went well (my did actually graduate) and I even stopped over in Baltimore for two days to visit with my mom and go out to Firaxis. :)

Taliesin said:

Toodles for now.

A fine list of intelligent posters you assembled there, I am honored to be put in such company. I feel both special and sad. As you must know, you're a favorite poster of mine, too. In fact, I would not be posting on OT at all had your thread about God's free not will pulled me into a weeks-long theological debate. Good luck with the carpal tunnel syndrome. I won't wish you good luck finding a deeper satisfaction, as I am confident you won't need it: you have been supplied the tools of intellect and morals, and you have developed the drive and talent to use them to achieve that which you undertake. Luck is a crutch on which you have no need to lean.

Birdjaguar said:
I'm back home tonight, and will have to spend some time catchng up. It's nice to be back. My trip went well (my did actually graduate) and I even stopped over in Baltimore for two days to visit with my mom and go out to Firaxis. :)
How did your son like Swarthmore, academically and socially?
It's just that I'm in college application mode, and I'm still highly impressed with Swarthmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom