Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

Some screenshots of the new 075 version, current game.

500 BC is not a happy place. 2 cities and tile improvement is a build/rebuild merry go round. The 2 AI I have met or I should say have found me are all in the same boat.

One of the screenies tells what happens to scouts. :p

The yellow circles on the last screenshot are the tile improvements the barb Archer has destroyed in the last 3 turns. The farm next to the 2nd city will be gone next turn as will the Lemon camp by the Capital. If I defend with 1 unit they can withstand the animal attacks. But when the Barb Archer attacks an animal attack almost always precedes the archers attack. This make the defending Archer or Javelin man to weak to handle the barb units attack even with 2 or 3 promotions.

Lakes map, Huge, 7 AI, Monarch level. This will be a Much slower game than the 074 version.

JosEPh

I was in a hurry when uploading 0.75 and didnt have time to balance the spawning. (which I found out was a bit to frequent)
I changed it to start at hunting for testing the Events for the animals that attacks cities and can enter the borders. Im going to change the unitAI so they will be less aggressive (not attack cities), change the frequency in which they appear (they have weight 10.000 where most events have 50-200), delay their starting (to around where human barbs enter) and perhaps remove the spawning with gunpowder or flintlock since the civilians can protect themselves fairly easy with guns by then.

I also had plans to make a Ranger/Hunter that could see and hunt down all animals. He would be a step between Scout and Explorer, since I always thought there was a missing link there.

If the spawning is too anoying you can simply delete the Events folder in VIP/Assets/XML.

Regarding the Scouts being useless I would disagree. You just need a few more of them ;) (and they are very cheap)

Even in "modern" times in more recent history with the exploration of northern america, I bet that quite a few scouts ended up dead when going west.

Added 3 leaderheads.

They are all for civs with only 1 leader before
They are all very nice unique works
They are all more or less copy pasted due to excellent prework from SaibotLieh
They are all small in size (no multiple .dds, kfms, and nifs)
(and they are all female. Though not of Dido proportions ;))

So they will not be made modular, but be integrated in v. 0.76

edit : Make it 4 :)

The Barb spawn needs some adjustments. Afforess or someone made the Barbs attack the AI as much as they do the Player. You can open up WB now and watch the Barbs streaming to my empire. I've had as high as 7 assaults per turn with only 3 cities. Even guarded workers don't last long(coupled with animal attacks), while the AI is barely disturbed by Barb presence.

And while Scouts are "relatively cheap" they don't last long enough to do any real scouting. I'm having to have to use Archers to scout with. Hopefully soon I'll be able to build camel riders and use them to scout. The Scout Is basically worthless if you start in an area that is heavily wooded or near tundra. And the lost turns for building a Scout only to see it die 1 or 2 turns after it is sent out is wasted time and effort. I'd rather build useable defenders that take a few turns longer than to waste my time on a Scout now. And city defense IS a major priority right now. Have less than 3 defenders in a city and you'll soon lose that new city.

If the Animal attacks are against cities and units then why don't the animals attack the Barbs too? I know the animals are considered barb units but..... in all fairness the wild animal does/should not distinguish if a human unit is Greek or barb. In other words the animal attacks should afflict the Barbs and their cities as well as the player and other AI. Also the attacking animals Need to be displayed 1 turn Before they attack. Right now they are invisible and it's just a stream of messages saying your unit x was killed by a Siberian Tiger, or your unit killed a bear, etc. No visual evidence or presence. If they were visible 1 turn and 1 or 2 tiles away then you have a fighting chance to defend or run (if you Can run fast enough).

New Female LH's look good. :thumbsup:

Much slower and harder start than previous versions on the player and somewhat for the AI.

JosEPh :)

The Barb spawn needs some adjustments. Afforess or someone made the Barbs attack the AI as much as they do the Player. You can open up WB now and watch the Barbs streaming to my empire. I've had as high as 7 assaults per turn with only 3 cities. Even guarded workers don't last long(coupled with animal attacks), while the AI is barely disturbed by Barb presence.

Perhaps Barb attacks on the AI equal to those on the player could be made optional. Ditto, the level of Barb attacks on the player: slight, strong, or overwhelming.

No worries, as described above the spawning was far from balanced. I made 2 sets of animals. 1 for normal and 1 for spawning because the spawning animal would be put on any tile close to the border, not just in their "habitat" as a normal animalunit, and if a bear was put in a desert, it would be stuck there forever, without the ability to move. Unfortunately this resulted in spawnanimals being spawned as normal, but without their restrictions and without their Animal tag, which made it impossible for Scouts to survive (without 100% vs animal bonus).
The borderspawning animals shouldnt attack cities as well. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but will upload a 0.76 (with the ladies) hopefully tonight.
I'm considering making Scouts being able to spot animals (makes sense), though this will not make them survive every attack. The animals are predators that will make a surprise attack but :

HINT : When an animal has been spotted, whether it was in a jungle, forest, desert etc, it will most likely stay in that habitat. To kill it, simply move a unit to around where it was last spotted, and the animal will strike again and be killed if the unit is strong enough. Dont wait too long though, as the animal will regrow in strenght after a while.

HINT II : Show defense combat : ON in options menu lets you see where the animal is "hiding" when it attacked someone.

Added New Invisibility : INVISIBLE_ANIMAL
Changed all Animals : <bInvisible>1</bInvisible> to <bInvisible>0</bInvisible>
Changed all Animals to INVISIBLE_ANIMAL
Changed Scout/Explorer to see INVISIBLE_ANIMAL
Added for Spawnanimals : NotUnitAIs = UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY
Changed for Spawnanimals : <bAnimal>0</bAnimal> to <bAnimal>1</bAnimal>
Changed Animal Spawn Event frequency from 10000 to 1000

-----------------------------

lol

"Little is known of the early Byzantine empire, but there is a generally
accepted concensus that they treated the cow with upmost respect."
Source : VIPipedia

<snip>
Changed for Spawnanimals : <bAnimal>0</bAnimal> to <bAnimal>1</bAnimal>

<bAnimal>0</bAnimal> to <bAnimal>1</bAnimal>

What does that do?

Current 075 version I've lowered it to 200.
Code:
</TriggerTexts>
			<bSinglePlayer>0</bSinglePlayer>
			<iPercentGamesActive>100</iPercentGamesActive>
			<iWeight>200</iWeight>
and
Code:
<iAIValue>500</iAIValue>
		</EventInfo>

Changed AIValue from 1000 to 500

So I can at least attempt to finish this 2nd 075 game on Prince level.

1st 075 game on Monarch level I lost. The animals and Barb combination set me back so far that I only had 2 cities left.They were under constant attack at 525BC. But the AI opponents had over 7+ cities each at that time. I couldn't see coming back from that far down. Maybe I gave up too early, but......it was pretty bleak.

JosEPh

The changes I made basically makes the Spawnanimals into normal animals (with the animal tag) so they'll no longer enter borders, but they will hang around the borders and be more aggressive than normal animals. They will also be counted as animals regarding the scouts +100% vs animal bonus.
The new Invisible mode makes it possible for scouts/explorers to see animals, so if a scout is travelling together with a archer f.ex, the scout can spot the animal and the archer can attack it. This makes scouts a very valuable tool, but in the early eras it will still be dangerous to explore. A scout with the Sentry Promotion will however see most animals before they have a chance of attacking.

--------------------

Modified Earth2 mapscript (Vip1_earth2_NWStart) NWStart = new world starts. This means that north/south america and australia can be starting locations. Its also possible for players/ai to have a Hawaii/Polynesia start

--------------------

"The ancient Khmers were the first civilization to invent modern toilet. This came out of
necessary, rather than convenience, as the villagers would often use the palaces and other
public buildings for their needs."
Source : VIPipedia

--------------------

Made an early boat (Papyrusboat. better name needed) able to carry 1 unit and has 1 move. Comes with Sailing.
Removed the ability for workboats to sail outside borders.

Uploaded 0.76

NOTE : There are now 4 parts : Main, Graphics, Leaders and Music.
The reason is that CFC doesnt allow uploads more than 10 MB, so until I have a release ready version I will use the CFC download database. However, since both graphics and leaders part are as close to 10 MB (and the Music part wont change either) I will not update them anymore, so downloading these for 0.76 should be enough (at least for a couple of versions).

I will also use my old download spot from RoM VIP for Main instead of spamming CFC's download database further.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but having a rather slow upload speed (512KB/s) it saves me a lot of time doing so.

would I be able to use your palaces for jamie's rome mod 1.3 and how can I make then standard size and inside the city?

Sure :)

....Beyond the Sword\Mods\VIP\Assets\Art\Structures\Buildings\Palaces (edit : I tried 4 times writing palaces, but it comes up with a space in the middle??? it should write Palaces)
contains folders with graphics for each palace. I picked art that wasnt heavy, and removed redundant files, so it shouldnt have any impact on performance.

in GlobalTypes.xml the Artstyles is defined. I personally added Germanic (because Firaxis had left almost a complete unitset for them) and African (no black people in civ. mmmm.) , but it might be different if you use VD or something similar (basically I did for the units but it works for cityart too)
Code:
	<ArtStyleTypes>
		<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</ArtStyleType>
		<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_GERMANIC</ArtStyleType>
		<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_ASIAN</ArtStyleType>
		<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA</ArtStyleType>
		<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST</ArtStyleType>
		<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN</ArtStyleType>
		<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_AFRICAN</ArtStyleType>
		<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN</ArtStyleType>
	</ArtStyleTypes>

These are then used in : CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml for each civ.

Code:
			<ArtStyleType>[B]ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN[/B]</ArtStyleType>
			<UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</UnitArtStyleType>

Then to a file I hate almost as much as the Gamefonts.tga (but less than CIV4PlotLSystem.xml ;)) : CIV4CityLSystem.xml
where every time you have something like this :
Code:
		<ArtRef Name="generic:an_eu.nif::1x1_01">
			<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_ANCIENT,ERA_CLASSICAL</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN,ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA,ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST,ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">iBatchGroup:0</Attribute>
		</ArtRef>

you should add whatever Artstyle that fits best. I used the "standard" artstyle for Germanic and African. In BtS there are 3 different citysets : standard, asian and greco-roman, but if you use VD or similar there might be more.
Code:
<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN,[B]ARTSTYLE_GERMANIC,ARTSTYLE_AFRICAN,[/B]ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA,ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST,ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN</Attribute>
this is important if you changed CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml to an artstyle not predefined in GlobalTypes.xml, but added by you, or if you want to change to an artstyle not already used in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml. Otherwise you'll end up with empty cities from medieval and forward. (ancient and classical has a defined : artstyle=all, so you wont notice it right away)

Next step is the easy one : cut my palaces and paste them into a leafnode 2x2 section instead of 4x4. Change their Scale to around 50% of the value.
Code:
	[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]<LNode Name="Leaf_4x4">[/COLOR]
		<Width>4</Width>
		<Height>4</Height>
		<!-- LEAF 4x4 BUILDINGS -->
		<ArtRef Name="building:LSYSTEM_4x4">
			<Scale>1.0</Scale>
		</ArtRef>
[B]		<ArtRef Name="building:LSYSTEM_PALACE">
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szNIF:Art/Structures/Buildings/Palaces/Palace_African/Palace_African.nif</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_ANCIENT,ERA_CLASSICAL,ERA_MEDIEVAL,ERA_RENAISSANCE,ERA_INDUSTRIAL,ERA_MODERN,ERA_FUTURE</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_AFRICAN</Attribute>
			[COLOR="SeaGreen"]<Scale>1.2</Scale>[/COLOR]
		</ArtRef>
		<ArtRef Name="building:LSYSTEM_PALACE">
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szNIF:Art/Structures/Buildings/Palaces/Palace_Asian/Palace_asian.nif</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_ANCIENT,ERA_CLASSICAL,ERA_MEDIEVAL,ERA_RENAISSANCE,ERA_INDUSTRIAL,ERA_MODERN,ERA_FUTURE</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_ASIAN</Attribute>
			[COLOR="SeaGreen"]<Scale>0.6</Scale>[/COLOR]
		</ArtRef>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szNIF:Art/Structures/Buildings/Palaces/Palace_middle_east/Palace_middle_east.nif</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST</Attribute>
			[COLOR="SeaGreen"]<Scale>1.2</Scale>[/COLOR]
		</ArtRef>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szNIF:Art/Structures/Buildings/Palaces/Palace_south_america/Palace_south_america.nif</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA</Attribute>
			[COLOR="SeaGreen"]<Scale>1.1</Scale>[/COLOR]
		</ArtRef>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szNIF:Art/Structures/Buildings/Palaces/Palace_greco_roman/Palace_greco_roman.nif</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN</Attribute>
			[COLOR="SeaGreen"]<Scale>2.8</Scale>[/COLOR]
		</ArtRef>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szNIF:Art/Structures/Buildings/Palace/med_Palace.nif</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</Attribute>
			[COLOR="SeaGreen"]<Scale>1.0</Scale>[/COLOR]
		</ArtRef>
			<Attribute Class="Scalar">szNIF:Art/Structures/Buildings/Palace/Palace.nif</Attribute>
			<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_GERMANIC</Attribute>
			[COLOR="SeaGreen"]<Scale>1.0</Scale>[/COLOR]
		</ArtRef>[/B]
	</LNode>

wiki, wiki and then some wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_classification

WWI
Armored vehicle/car
Early Tank (or Trench Tank)

WWII
Turret Tank or Infantry Tank (Light anti infantry tank)
Cruiser Tank (fast light tank)
Tank Destroyer (Medium anti armor tank)
Assault Tank (heavy tank with light artillery cannon)
Self Propelled Artillery
Mobile AA gun
Jeep

Postwar/ColdWar
Armor
AICV (Armored Infantry Combat vehicles)
Mobile SAM
APC (Armored Personel carrier)
SCUD Launcher (or Ballistic Missile Carrier/Launcher)

Modern
Modern Armor or Main Battle Tank
IFV (Infantry fighting vehicle)
MPVC (Multipurpose combat vehicle)
HMMWV (High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle)
Rocket Artillery
Mech Inf

Did I miss any?

---------------------

omg. Halfway (page 15 out of 29) downloading the modern units and categorizing them into Troop, Air, Armor, Naval and Other. After that they will each be categorized into WWI, WWII, COLDWAR, MODERN, and then the real action starts with putting them into the game. Though only selected few will actually make it, there is right now 6135 files in 804 folders totalling 337MB.

There are 7 artstyles and each artstyle would have around 5-10 units in each category (Air, Naval, Armor, Troop), so adding atleast around 200 new units is not unlikely, though some will just be reskins.

---------------------

Airforce

WWI
Biplane Fighter
Biplane Bomber
Airship or Zeppelin

WWII
Piston Fighter or Monoplane Fighter
Light Bomber (for carriers)
Dive Bomber
Torpedo Bomber
Heavy Bomber
Sea Plane
Jet Fighter

COLDWAR
2. Gen Jet Fighter
Strategic Bomber
Tactical Bomber
3. Gen Jet Fighter
Delta Wing Fighter
Interceptor
Fighter Bomber

MODERN
4. Gen Jet Fighter
Multirole Warplane
Strike Fighter
4G Fighter Bomber
Stealth Fighter
Stealth Bomber
5. Gen Jet Fighter
UAV

I am using asafs ethnic buildings modcomp so would I just copy over the art defines and put them in the building types infos? just scale down in the art defines?

check out asaf's ethnic buildings mod... It does make it easy! I requestd it... I adds a file simmilar to the unitartstyletypesinfos.xml but for buildings... but doesn't work for walls :(

Looks nice, though it has custom dll, which, for now, I try to avoid. I dont think I'm going to make more ethnic buildings though (except for a middle east cityset if I find a really good one)

I guess you can just put the files into an artdefine and plug them into the buildingsartstyletypesinfos.xml. (that sounds sooo easy. I was battling with the CityLsystem and PlotLsystem for soooo long)

TOP GUN!

WWI : Airship - Biplane Fighter - Biplane Bomber
WWII : Dive Bomber - Fighter - Bomber - Jet Fighter
COLDWAR : Tactical Bomber - Interceptor - Strategic Bomber
MODERN : Strike Fighter - Stealth Fighter - Stealth Bomber

Multirole aircrafts (Dive Bomber, Tactical Bomber and Strike Fighter) can use Aircraft Carriers together with Fighters (Biplane Fighter, Fighter, Jet Fighter, Interceptor and Stealth Fighter) but cannot intercept other aircrafts (with the exception of Strike Fighter) and will have less collateral and bomb damage and range than Bombers (Airship, Biplane Bomber, Bomber, Strategic Bomber and Stealth Bomber) but will not have the disadvantage over Naval vessels.

Fighters (Biplane Fighter, Fighter, Jet Fighter, Interceptor and Stealth Fighter) cannot Bomb Fortifications.

------------------

And then I prefer my B2 the same way as my coffee. Black. (Thats not true, I prefer my coffee with lots of cream and sugar, but that would just sound plain wrong together with B2.) Maybe I can make a Gloss for the F117. It looks really good on the B2 with a toned down gloss. (toning down the texture on the B2 wasnt enough).

Nice site : http://www.combataircraft.com/en/Military-Aircraft/Fighter-Attack/

Top Bottom