So sad Lost Disc 1 any hope?

Lochleinn

Chieftain
I lost disc one of civ 4. Is there any hope for me short of buying a whole new copy of the game? Is there a customer service number to appeal to? Also, I'm 8000 miles from where I bought the game, so appealing to the store is not possible. Any ideas?

Isn't there a patch that makes it so you don't need the disk?

Assuming the OP already has Vanilla Civ installed, he could patch it to the latest patch which removes the requirement to have the Civ disk in the drive to play (no DRM). But if the OP needs to install the game, he will have to have disk 1 to install it again.

How do I email customer service? It's not installed. I have a new computer. Will it even work on this one? It's the Game of the Year version, and my new computer is a Vista machine.

Why not just get Civ Complete? That also comes with Colonization so you'd basically be getting Civ 4 for the price of a new game.

I bought Civilization 4 Complete online through Ebay brand new for $17 Canadian. That was with shipping included! :D

It was sent out here from England... came from afar but it was still well priced!

Try checking out EBay before resorting to Amazon.

Steam has Complete for $40. Not a huge deal, but you'll never need another disc.

They also have Civ4 single for $20.

Moderator Action: Piracy discussion posts deleted - don't repeat it, please
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

if the disc is lost you might not get a replacement via take 2 since they officially only replace damaged discs - but contact them anyways - maybe they can help out.

Okay, so I broke down and bought civ 4 complete (whole game only one disc and more content... weird) and now I want to know if I can get the old music back, which I liked better, and if there is really a patch so I don't need to use the cd. the disc drive makes an awful sound and sometimes I want to be running a music cd while I'm playing. I tried a patch called 3.19, as suggested earlier in this thread, but I think it was a different 3.19, 'cause it did nothing for not needing the dvd. Also, whose voice it that reading that's not Leonard nimoy, and where's the neat-o introduction by nimoy?
I miss my game...
):

You're probably running BtS now. You'll have to start vanilla manually if you want it. The new techs in BtS are narrated by Sid Meier and the introduction only appears if you don't skip any of the opening movies/ads.

Not sure where you bought complete from but it looks like you don't have the US version (which is the one that removes the disc check).

You know what's weird? On my Vista machine I never need the cd's to run any game, the only exception is Civ 4.

Top Bottom