Neoteric World

The mod works fine, however when I play it the screen gets full of debug notices where the war, damage and event notices should be at the top of the screen. It is very annoying and I can not see a large part of the screen. Any Help?

To BobeBrown

Thank you for letting me know how to add my own civs,ill take you up on your offer of a PM in case i need futher assistance.If you dont hear from me over the next few weeks...Merry Christmas :D

Hi there,

This MOD looks incredible, something I've been waiting a long time to play. Thanks alot! Just downloaded it... Can't wait to get going!! :)

However; (and sorry for being a little green newbie) But is it possible at all to play a world map with enlarged europe - AS WELL as having the civs in correct starting locations?? I see no such map (with america present) in the scenario list... :O

Bobebrown,

I'm attaching a save game. It seemed to start off with everyone, atleast on my continent, at war. However, as time went on, new nations (probably from rebellions) were on my continent as did not seem to be fighting. One thing I noticed was Native American units staying in a Roman city.

Not sure if this is a bug with the "Always War" option. But thought you might want to look it over.

Attachments

• Jennvare Neoteric.CivBeyondSwordSave
    959 KB · Views: 117
Another small bug:

If you have the SAS defending a city... and they've gotten a promotion at the end of your turn (but haven't actually received it yet), if that city is attacked, the SAS won't defend.

It'll even go as far as giving the city over to them..... but the SAS stays there, in the newly-captured enemy city at the start of the next turn.

Dunno why ^_^ Just thought I'd share.

Rawr. More bugs, albeit small ones:

Early Mechanized Infantry don't seem to play as nicely with the 'partial move' bit as other units. Moving, attacking, then attempting to move again seems to use the wrong movement allotment.

Graphics for "Helicopters" and "Early Fighter Jets" are occasionally 'mixed up' with other units in the same promotion chains. You'll start a new turn and see other types of helicopters or jets. When you click on them, they'll snap back into the proper icon.

If you can't defend a city with the SAS, Delta Force, etc...... but can with the 101st..... why do these others have bonuses for city garrison as an optional promotion? O_o Or, if nothing else, why not mention this somewhere? I had to lose a few cities with a quickly deployed SAS for defense before I realized that they don't defend like normal. Why not?

Some added units seem to have absurdly low upgrade costs. As low as 10 gold. I'm not sure how that would work when everything else is usually in the hundreds.

There is a broken quest saying something about fuses for naval units.... Not only is the text screwy, but what does pop up doesn't seem to match well in the game. It gives the bonuses conditionally for some of the units, and all the time (even in production) for others listed on the same list. Oh. And pops up repeatedly.

I'm getting a constant, every-turn message about not being able to name a unit. Just a long sentence string about not being able to name something. It references a map location.

You need to add more names for great generals. LOTS more names. I'm running out bloody FAST. By the industrial age, they've been gone for a while. Maybe even random names?

I know it's been mentioned before, but BUG features don't like to stay activated through quitting and restarting the game. Gotta open the menu, deselect, reselect, THEN play..... each time!

Horse archers, as well as their ilk and spinoffs, don't do ranged bombardment. I don't see this as a problem..... but it says they should.

Ranged bombardment doesn't seem to run off of the numbers. Or the 'accuracy' is not a percentage. More often than not, a whole stack of navel ships will either mostly miss or mostly hit. At an accuracy of 75, one would guess that it shouldn't be quite so black and white.... why am I missing my bombardment with every shot and 15 destroyers trying to pick away at the defenders? Or hitting with all of them? It seems to bounce back and forth between extremes with stacks of ranged bombardment. If it's not a percentage..... maybe a different way of listing what your real changes for success are?

Rawr. More bugs, albeit small ones:

Early Mechanized Infantry don't seem to play as nicely with the 'partial move' bit as other units. Moving, attacking, then attempting to move again seems to use the wrong movement allotment.

Graphics for "Helicopters" and "Early Fighter Jets" are occasionally 'mixed up' with other units in the same promotion chains. You'll start a new turn and see other types of helicopters or jets. When you click on them, they'll snap back into the proper icon.
I have never noticed that and believe your the first, so its likely to be a problem your end. Id suggest downloading again just incase you have changed anything or edited any files.
If you can't defend a city with the SAS, Delta Force, etc...... but can with the 101st..... why do these others have bonuses for city garrison as an optional promotion? O_o Or, if nothing else, why not mention this somewhere? I had to lose a few cities with a quickly deployed SAS for defense before I realized that they don't defend like normal. Why not?
I thought the special forces would be too powerful if they could be also used in city defending. Also in real world terms, the numbers in these army units are very small and are no where near the size of a airborne division like the 101st.
Some added units seem to have absurdly low upgrade costs. As low as 10 gold. I'm not sure how that would work when everything else is usually in the hundreds.
Yea, I know about this one. My apologies. Its only a small problem with an fairly straight forward fix but i dont know if i will release another version.
There is a broken quest saying something about fuses for naval units.... Not only is the text screwy, but what does pop up doesn't seem to match well in the game. It gives the bonuses conditionally for some of the units, and all the time (even in production) for others listed on the same list. Oh. And pops up repeatedly.
Yea the AA_Proximity mines is missing a text tag. If you ever get the event yourself though you can still see what you are gaining. I believe if is +1 range or Drill I.
I'm getting a constant, every-turn message about not being able to name a unit. Just a long sentence string about not being able to name something. It references a map location.
Thats an issue with BUG mod. Neoteric World includes BUG mod. Be best asking them how that is fixed in their forum. But i would suggest turn off unit naming.
You need to add more names for great generals. LOTS more names. I'm running out bloody FAST. By the industrial age, they've been gone for a while. Maybe even random names?
Ha yea, thats happened to me a few times. I have games that go on for a long time and I would prefer seeing some random names. I'll take that on board as it was already on a list i made if i re-release a new version.

I have some questions;

where are the graphics files for the personnel mech, the hybrid gunship, the modern infantry, and the railgun located?
Where are the graphics for the advanced physics, mech warfare, nano electronics, and rail gun technologies located?
And where are the graphics for the new promotions located?

I looked through the game files, and cannot find them, and I cannot find them in the CivFanatics database.

Help would be greatly appreciated! :)

:mischief:

I remember them being packed into the fpk file. Then from there i remember the promotions were placed in
Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions
and the units in maybe
Art/Units
If they arent located there just unpack the fpk file and do a search of the file. Im sure u can find it very quickly like that.

Hi BB, your mod looks amazing!

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I have Vista (if it's relevant) and I have done as you have instructed, updated to 3.19, put the unzipped folder in the correct place etc. I can load the mod and when Civ restarts it says Neoteric world in the top right corner. However, when I go to play a game, there are no extra civs, no new techs, etc. I have no idea why it isn't working since it appears to load the mod, but then there is no change to the actual game.

Could you help me please?
Thanks very much

I remember them being packed into the fpk file. Then from there i remember the promotions were placed in
Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions
and the units in maybe
Art/Units
If they arent located there just unpack the fpk file and do a search of the file. Im sure u can find it very quickly like that.

Thank you! I'll give it a try. :D

this mod is great, unfortunately its the only one i can get to work
there is one small thing when you build all three arcology shields and a radar station the shields get massive and cover half the map it is a real pain to try and look around them but it doesn't affect game play. if you can fix this or have something i should do it would be very appreciated.

this mod is great, unfortunately its the only one i can get to work
there is one small thing when you build all three arcology shields and a radar station the shields get massive and cover half the map it is a real pain to try and look around them but it doesn't affect game play. if you can fix this or have something i should do it would be very appreciated.

that was fixed in the patch i released. Check the first post.

Is this mod dead?
I really like the features in it and would hope that you can update it.

Did you change the unit schemas? I'd like to add a couple of unique units and wanted to see if I had to first find the differences in the XML.

Greetings,
I love this mod, but i would like to add other civs to it.
Can anyone give a detailed description how to do that in this mod ?

Also, is it possible to add resources and unique units and if yes, how can it be done?

Thanks,
W.

Update with what though? I think ive incorporated just the right amount of features, but if you can make a suggestion on new content and i can have a look. I play this all the time and have no issues with it.

To add new units, civs, buildings etc its pretty much standard and takes less than 5minutes. You need to add it in modular form using the schemas in this mod. Theres many tutorials around on the forum :) If you get stuck, hit me up with a message, ive helped others who got stuck before.

Well...BB...My cousin downloaded neoteric to my pc and i loved it, im way better with computers than he is...and he screwed stuff up....and anyway i cant find the shortcut and opened a shortcut but it said it had to be put on my desktop and when i open proerties on that shortcut there is no compatibility option...help!!!!! :mad:

Top Bottom