SGOTM 14 - Kakumeika

Hammer overflows, UN timelines, and other such precise counting things are beyond my abilities to keep straight in my head. I keep confusing myself :wallbash:

Good luck when you play tonight Frogdude.

OK, so we could possibly send 11ish knights and get 4 boats, but with the GG in hand to get another couple of combat upgrades on two knights (e.g. one 10XP and one 11XP getting to 20 for C4-amphib) isn't that enough of an improvement on the 9-knight plan for us to go with it? We really don't want to strip Indra entirely.

By the way we won't get another vote for the AP since it is going to be obsolete.

Since we own The Apostolic Palace and thus we must be in any vote, it does remove the chance of any TAP resolutions, after we acquire Mass Media.

However, The Apostolic Palace is obsolete only for Civs that possess Mass Media. It is possible that all other Civs will still get the benefit of TAP Religious buildings until they also possess Mass Media.

Sun Tzu Wu

OK, so we could possibly send 11ish knights and get 4 boats, but with the GG in hand to get another couple of combat upgrades on two knights (e.g. one 10XP and one 11XP getting to 20 for C4-amphib) isn't that enough of an improvement on the 9-knight plan for us to go with it? We really don't want to strip Indra entirely.

I think you are on the cusp of a great idea. We could use use C2 Amphibious Knights until the Wizard is just above the Longbowman Guerra I in defensive strength, then use the first C4 Amphibious Knight to destroy the Wizard outright. If the Wizard survives, use C2 Amphibious Knights against the Longbowmen and when the Wizard has lost its Longbowmen defenders, the second C4 Amiphibious Knight should easily finish him off.

I like the above plan for the Wizard of Oz Destruction Mission.

Sun Tzu Wu

I think you are on the cusp of a great idea. We could use use C2 Amphibious Knights until the Wizard is just above the Longbowman Guerra I in defensive strength, then use the first C4 Amphibious Knight to destroy the Wizard ouright. If the Wizard survives, use C2 Amphibious Knights against the Longbowmen and when the Wizard has lost its Longbowmen defenders, the second C4 Amiphibious Knight should easily finish him off.

I like the above plan for the Wizard of Oz Destruction Mission.

Sun Tzu Wu

Yeah, it's probably right to use a boring unit or two to do some initial damage, then send in the best unit to maximise the chance of a kill without needing to have combat against any longbows.

Ragnar took four longbows south, moved up pike and bezerker. We had a forest grow 1E of Ragnar's stack. Looks like he's been gardening on that tile there.

Bombay built a caravel! New galley in Madras! ROFL

Captured Madras for no losses.

Calcutta and Kolhalpur have no city walls and pathetic units.

We tossed a 2XP amphibious mace at Bombay, lost it but did half damage to the sword. Took Bombay with no further losses.

Gandhi spy got busted :( will buy another from Wizard City

No sign of Ragnar navy. An airstrike on Madras revealed Nidaros, size 12 with castle. We are expecting to be able to do a naval assault on something by T188.

Nine knights are detailed for the wizard. Three defending in Indra, along with the other collection of units and the walls.

We are now in the capable hands of frogdude again. Happy hunting!

Sun Tzu Wu

Ragnar took four longbows south, moved up pike and bezerker. We had a forest grow 1E of Ragnar's stack. Looks like he's been gardening on that tile there.

Bombay built a caravel! New galley in Madras! ROFL

Captured Madras for no losses.

Calcutta and Kolhalpur have no city walls and pathetic units.

We tossed a 2XP amphibious mace at Bombay, lost it but did half damage to the sword. Took Bombay with no further losses.

:woohoo:

Ragnar stack headed west??

Got Taj. No AI fail gold to speak of. No sign of cash injection from Genghis GMerchant.

Took Calcutta for no losses

Monty has switched back to Hinduism, so we will plan to flip him back.

Begged 40: Gandhi, Genghis
Begged 40 and failed: Monty, Liz

That spy on Gandhi we thought we lost? He's back, and where he should be. We've checked in for lobotomies tomorrow.

Ragnar stack headed west??

Got Taj. No AI fail gold to speak of. No sign of cash injection from Genghis GMerchant.

Ragnar moved his stack 1W? Uh oh. He can charge with his knights and be within range of Isengarde with all those knights while the rest of his stack sits on the crossroads. And if we blow the crossroads his whole stack might just land on the spot anyway, cutting us off from Isengarde again.

If he did move 1W, the best move would be to sacrifice a knight to blow the road 3W or 4W1S of of Isra I think, or use two knights and blow both. The worst he could do is move onto the blown square, and if his knights moved ahead of the stack, we could rip them up. It would give us time to build and rush buy more defenses.

If he did move 1W, the best move would be to sacrifice a knight to blow the road 3W or 4W1S of of Isra I think, or use two knights and blow both. The worst he could do is move onto the blown square, and if his knights moved ahead of the stack, we could rip them up. It would give us time to build and rush buy more defenses.

We have culture on the crossroads from Indra, so the threat is not imminent.

We have culture on the crossroads from Indra, so the threat is not imminent.

I disagree, if his giant stack is 2N of Mathura on a road, he can easily use the 2 neutral land roads to move his giant stack on our crossroads, splitting our defense. Worse, he has 7 or 8 knights capable of moving up the 2 neutral road squares and 2 deep into our territory. If he did such a charge, Isengarde would fall for sure.

The Cyrus personality is a decent warmonger. By blowing the neutral roads, we give ourselves time to build more units and stiffen our defense.

I disagree, if his giant stack is 2N of Mathura on a road, he can easily use the 2 neutral land roads to move his giant stack on our crossroads, splitting our defense. Worse, he has 7 or 8 knights capable of moving up the 2 neutral road squares and 2 deep into our territory. If he did such a charge, Isengarde would fall for sure.

The Cyrus personality is a decent warmonger. By blowing the neutral roads, we give ourselves time to build more units and stiffen our defense.

OK we used a 2XP knight to pillage the tundra road, and positioned another to do the ice road next turn if it proves necessary.

Hmm... Ragnar has a caravel partly blockading Wizard City. We could fight our way out, but we have enough room to skirt around him and end on coast. If we lost a galleon on defence, we could buy another next turn to spawn T183 and use part of the GG to get it Navigation 1 to travel the 25 tiles in 5 turns (on the nose) for combat T187. Having lost, we could clean out the caravel with another galleon, return to Wizard City to share in the GG promotions so that we end up with two fast galleons. We would want to do that so that the caravel couldn't annoy us in future.

We don't think there's much jeopardy from possible further caravels... but this is the first Ragnar caravel we have ever seen...

Cease fire might be a safety clause.

Buying an extra full-price galleon this turn is also insurance, but if we do that we probably won't afford all the granaries we'd like for our five new cities.

Hmm... Ragnar has a caravel partly blockading Wizard City. We could fight our way out, but we have enough room to skirt around him and end on coast. If we lost a galleon on defence, we could buy another next turn to spawn T183 and use part of the GG to get it Navigation 1 to travel the 25 tiles in 5 turns (on the nose) for combat T187. Having lost, we could clean out the caravel with another galleon, return to Wizard City to share in the GG promotions so that we end up with two fast galleons. We would want to do that so that the caravel couldn't annoy us in future.

We don't think there's much jeopardy from possible further caravels... but this is the first Ragnar caravel we have ever seen...

Cease fire might be a safety clause.

Buying an extra full-price galleon this turn is also insurance, but if we do that we probably won't afford all the granaries we'd like for our five new cities.

Hmm, Ragnar really seems to be bringing the pressure. If we were to declare a cease fire for say, 2 turns, then Ragnar would probably attempt to attack Elizabeth. If he managed to scare her into a peace treaty before we could get back into war, then that would hit our shared-war bonus diplo.

On the other hand, it would allow us to heal and consolidate units for finishing off Asoka's homeland. The galleons would get a head start away from that pesky Caravel too. We could also position to attack Rangnar's stack better.

An insurance galleon sounds real good in case there are more caravels, as the Wizard mission absolutely must suceed. But granaries sound good too. I think Wizard has priority over our new cities' growth.

Up to you guys really. Just make sure not to sign a 10 turn peace treaty :lol:
I don't think anyone likes the East Witches, so the extra war dec. shouldn't hurt us.

Top Bottom