Civ IV traits in Civ V

Is this mod compatible with WHoward's DLL - Various Mod Components?
I would imagine so, since I don't think they edit any of the same code.
But the best way to find out is to just try it.
I can't seem to find this in the steam workshop, is it still there?
I have the rar, just no idea how to install it.
.rar files aren't like .civ5mod files; you'll actually have to unzip it and manually put the resulting folder in your MODS folder.
Presumably, just use 7-zip or something comparable, then pop the folder into your mod folder.
Right. .civ5mod is basically a weird variation of the .7z file extension, IINM.
WinRAR also works for unqipping rars.

I've downloaded this mod from steam and I don't see how you use it? As I understand it (and perhaps I'm wrong) but SOMEHOW you can alter a leader's traits, from the setup, before your start a game. HOW? I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Am I missing something? Or is this mod no longer functional. Please explain. Thanks.

I've downloaded this mod from steam and I don't see how you use it? As I understand it (and perhaps I'm wrong) but SOMEHOW you can alter a leader's traits, from the setup, before your start a game. HOW? I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Am I missing something? Or is this mod no longer functional. Please explain. Thanks.

You enable it in the mods section then you'll see the traits added to each civ when you try to select them. You can't alter a leader's traits in game. If you are looking to alter a certain leader's traits you can do that inside the mod's files.

You enable it in the mods section then you'll see the traits added to each civ when you try to select them. You can't alter a leader's traits in game. If you are looking to alter a certain leader's traits you can do that inside the mod's files.

Oh... Ok, that makes sense, because I do see the traits for the civ's, but I thought there was a way to change those traits IN GAME, my mistake. So IF I do want to change a civ's traits is there a file/readme etc. to tell me HOW to make those changes? Apologies for the noob question but I'm not a modder, but I'd like to try to make changes to civ's if it's not too difficult.

Oh... Ok, that makes sense, because I do see the traits for the civ's, but I thought there was a way to change those traits IN GAME, my mistake. So IF I do want to change a civ's traits is there a file/readme etc. to tell me HOW to make those changes? Apologies for the noob question but I'm not a modder, but I'd like to try to make changes to civ's if it's not too difficult.
Find the mod's folder, and find a file called SetLeaderTraitPolicy.lua. It can be opened with a text editor like notepad.

For each civilization, you should see a block of code that looks something like this (In this case, it's the code for America):
Code:
function SetLeaderTraitAmerica (playerID)
	local player = Players[playerID]
	if player:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_AMERICA then
		if not player:HasPolicy(GameInfoTypes["POLICY_EXPANSIVE_X"]) then
			player:SetNumFreePolicies(1)
			player:SetNumFreePolicies(0)
			player:SetHasPolicy(GameInfoTypes["POLICY_EXPANSIVE_X"], true)	
					if player:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_AMERICA then
						if not player:HasPolicy(GameInfoTypes["POLICY_CHARISMATIC_X"]) then
							player:SetNumFreePolicies(1)
							player:SetNumFreePolicies(0)
							player:SetHasPolicy(GameInfoTypes["POLICY_CHARISMATIC_X"], true)	

end
			end
		end
	end
end
GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(SetLeaderTraitAmerica);

It is, ultimately, these lines:
Code:
			player:SetHasPolicy(GameInfoTypes["POLICY_EXPANSIVE_X"], true)	
							player:SetHasPolicy(GameInfoTypes["POLICY_CHARISMATIC_X"], true)	

...that define America's traits.
Where you see POLICY_SOMETHING_X, you'll need to replace that with the exact name of the replacement trait you want, which can be found in the Traits.xml file. e.g. Charismatic would correspond to POLICY_CHARISMATIC_X.

You must type the trait name in with exactness, in all caps and not forgetting the _X at the end, or it will not work.
Repeat for all other civilizations that you want to change the traits of. Save, and done.

You must type the trait name in with exactness, in all caps and not forgetting the _X at the end, or it will not work.
Repeat for all other civilizations that you want to change the traits of. Save, and done.[/QUOTE]

Thank you SO much for the help. I greatly appreciate it. I'll give it a shot.

I was expecting playing with this mod was going to be difficulty reducing and more like a fun OP romp, but it actually has increased the difficulty of the game for me, which is a good thing! The AI now poses a challenge for a longer time, based on my first game.

I'm trying to give JFD's Holy Rome traits but I simply can't figure out how. Could someone help me out?

Anybody else notice a bug with the Mercantile trait? I'm playing Morocco right now and the road connection between my capital and first settled city is providing 0 gold.

Great mod.... just.. why is it listed as incompatible with Community patch though? I'd love to use it but I'm warned not to..

How would I add compatibility for a mod that doesn't have it?

I'm trying to give the Texas civilization mod - not mine - some traits and my attempts with SQL seem to be fruitless.

Is this mod dead? I love, but i can't seem to make it work with some modded civs, which it should be compatible with, such as the dene & blackfoot.

Bingles hasn't been here for a long time.

Hey all - a user by the name of twentyonelol on this mod's workshop page said they were able to fix the Mercantile trait by finding a conflicting mod and resolving the issue. I can't seem to get a hold of twentyonelol to find their solution. I'd like to be able to use this mod again, has anybody else run into a similar situation?

When I play, it provides no benefits. No gold, etc.

First noticed the bug with Morocco, so yes.

Top Bottom