Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my second test, using a bunch of culture to pick the policies instead of just using IGE to give me them instantly. Everything's in working order.

Another tiny bug is that ginger is listed as a luxury in the civilopedia when it is not.

Hey man, congrats! I'm really glad to see this first release and I really look forward to the additional components.

Something that wasn't clear from the OP - should I disable More Luxuries if I want to use it? What about More Pantheons? Are these integrated, compatible, or neither?

I hope that means on deserts without fresh water (like on snow without fresh water), doesn't it?

Oh yeah, sorry. Will fix the OP.

Shipwrecks! That is such a cool/smart addition! Late game ruins, I cant wait :D
Hey I wondered, do you have special plans for the Shoshone's pathfinders? Do they still upgrade to composite bowmen?

Nothing special - do they upgrade into composite bowmen in vanilla?

This may just be a problem on my end, but all the text for units and buildings added by the mod is in the form of 'TXT_KEY_JFD (etc)'. On further inspection, none of the new resources or improvements are showing up either in game or in civilopedia - so I assume this is a compatibility issue. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I have logs, regardless.

You need to re-download your copy of the Community Patch; it's definitely outdated.

The text error looks like it was some kind of issue with P&P (Alongside the P&PBP), but I still cannot make the resources show up for the life of me.

Load P&P first for now.

Another tiny bug is that ginger is listed as a luxury in the civilopedia when it is not.

That's odd...

Hey man, congrats! I'm really glad to see this first release and I really look forward to the additional components.

Something that wasn't clear from the OP - should I disable More Luxuries if I want to use it? What about More Pantheons? Are these integrated, compatible, or neither?

I'll make a compatibility section for this information now, but More Luxuries is highly recommended to be used with this (with Trade, it fills in a lot of thematic gaps). More Pantheons is fine, too. However, neither are integrated.

Okay, good to know. Looking forward to attrition. Congrats again! This is my first major gameplay mod, well, that isn't E&D.

What if I want to keep using Reform and Rule's version of the Exploration tree? Also, I thought Saffron and Lotus were part of P&P?

Saffron and Lotus (and Obsidian) were moved over so that the resource generator which places them on the map isn't called in two mods (or, at least, won't be); which usually makes loading a game take a bit longer.

If you want to use R&R, you can just disable the Exploration policy changes.

Are rival civs supposed to already have great scouts? 3-4 turns into the game I meet Pachacuti and Augustus, and they both had them. I also met a barbarian great scout just chillin' at his camp.

Let me get this straight, because I hope I'm misreading something: In order to use ExCE, I need to download the Community Patch. But, in order to use the Community Patch with EUI, I also need to downbload EUI (CP Version) and EUI Compatibility Mod. But in order to use those 2 mods, I need to use Community Balance Patch, City States Diplomacy Mod, and Civ 4 Diplomacy Features even though I have no interest in those last 3 mods. Correct, or am I missing something? I'd hate to have to download 6 more mods just to use this one :(

You seem to be correct, as I had to do that as well. Admittedly, I didn't try not downloading them. I'm especially bummed about using the CBP; nothing against it but I'm not sure it works well with anything else, so I'd rather not use it. Playing without EUI is out of the question, so it's an annoying conundrum.

You do not need to use the Community Balance Patch, City-State Diplomacy Mod, or Civ 4 Diplomacy Features. I don't. You also do not need to download anything special to get EUI to work with the Community Patch.

You do not need to use the Community Balance Patch, City-State Diplomacy Mod, or Civ 4 Diplomacy Features. I don't. You also do not need to download anything special to get EUI to work with the Community Patch.

Oh good. I was reading through the CP Installation instructions and Steps 6 & 7 made it sound like I needed all those other mods. I'm glad to see I don't need them :)

Same as shaglio, the install instructions did say that some EUI files were required and that they only worked with all the parts.

Not for the Community Patch; it's just awkwardly phrased. Every other mod there (CBP, CSD, CIVDF) is optional; the instructions state that the EUI compatibility files require all four mods - hence the EUI compatibility files are optional, otherwise the optionality of the other mods would be false. Also, colour codes. You only need to follow step one.

Any reason that this isn't on the 'latest release' section of you sig?

Maybe JFD doesn't consider this as released since it still lacks some of its core features.

That'll work :p

Alright, thanks. That subtlety was lost on me. I trust your judgement better than mine on this (and looking into the CP's files, it does seem like it wouldn't conflict with EUI in any way).

I would like to develop Cultural Conversion's standalone component for the Exploration policy track to be compatible with this mod, as an overwrite of your Exploration policy track. However, it requires dll modifications.

So it can't be used with the Community Patch, I'm guessing, until I merge the two.

Okay, I'm going to be the presumed idiot who asks this presumed stupid question.

If I'm going to use ExCE, I should stop using Exploration Continued, correct? I assume the original mod is made redundant by ExCE.

You need to re-download your copy of the Community Patch; it's definitely outdated.

Load P&P first for now.

Apologies, but how does one load a particular mod before another - if it is just a matter of which is selected or enabled first, then this is what I have already done with P&P without getting them to work. Am I misunderstanding something here?

The resources, improvements etc are still not appearing - even with the (2/10) version of the Community patch. Here are the logs, if they can help at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom