Made a Civ for me. Is it overpowered or underpowered?

Eukaryote

Deity
This civ is meant to represent my personality. I would be the leader. Is it OP or UP? I'd prefer it to be above average but not the best in the game.

Civ Name: Exoka
Demonym: Exokan

Special Trait: +40% production on buildings that increase science in the capital, as well as aqueducts, hospitals, and medical labs in the capital. Always start by a mountain.

Special Building: Institute. Replaces University. Same Cost. +2 Food.

Special Unit: Dashex. Replaces Stealth Bomber. 140 Strength instead of 85. Can be stored on aircraft carriers but they occupy two storage spots. (I think this is fairly strong but it makes up for the fact that it's so late in the game.)

Sorry, your wording confuses me. The unique ability is underpowered?

That's how I interpreted it. He thought your Unique Ability was weak but thought your Unit and/or Building was strong enough to compensate for it.

Using this chart of Best/Worst, Narrow/Versatile civilizations, I’d put yours in the upper left quadrant between England and The Celts.

http://i.imgur.com/NgQeZjj.jpg

Exoka is perfectly synced with one of the optimal strategies for winning on Deity: keep your civ small, target Education as early as possible, go Tradition-Rationalism, then dominate in the endgame. Your civ could either win a Science or Domination victory: with the super-science capital or a stack of Dashexes.

I’d rank it as a very strong civ but not unfairly overpowered and not as strong as Korea or Babylon.

If you used Exoka with the Community Balance Patch I’d rank it as below-average because of the rebalancing of the Social Policies and the lateness of the Unique Unit.

Top Bottom