How do I enable mods faster?

shwesh

Chieftain
This might be elsewhere on the forum if so its quite hard to find.
When I enable mods by clicking the circle in the mods section it takes an insanely long amount of time to enable it, probably because my computer is slow. it was a small amount of time at first but when i started installing more mods it took longer and now it's 30+ seconds for each mod. Recently I've installed a lot of mods and have more than 40 or so left to enable with each one taking a bit longer.
Is there a way to enable mods faster like by moving files around? I looked in the folders and i think the game might be converting the mod folders to civ5mod files but I'm not sure and I can't find a program to convert them to see if that is the case.

If you don't mind executing SQL statements directly against the database you can always do that (at work so can't tell you the exact name of the .db file but it's in the cache sub-directory and has "mod" in its name!)

(Edit: It's Civ5ModsDatabase.db)

.civ5mod files are unpacked by the game to their respective sub-directory under the MODS directory (not the other way around) - they can be opened by 7z and WinRAR (they are renamed .7z files IIRC)

If you switch between different sets of enabled mods often, you can copy the .db file to somewhere else (eg MySetAMods/{whatever_the_name_is}.db and MySetBMods/{whatever_the_name_is}.db) and then quickly switch sets by copying the required .db file back into the cache sub-directory

I don't think can do the sql but the fact that I can save my configurations is good so thank you.:)

Top Bottom