The biggest problem that needs to be fixed next patch

"He was once a great mage, but now lives like a rat in a sinking vessel. You have questions for Ormus and doubt in yourself. Ormus sees a strange dichotomy in you... as he does in all would-be heroes. Speak to him and he may grant you wisdom in turn. Or turn from him and seek wisdom in thyself."

:old:

(a wave of nostalgia flows through me... now I imagine what would cities of Warriv, Gheed, Lysander and Geglash look like and what yould their bonuses be :) )

Wow. I'm amazed. For once the localization (German) is actually much much much better than the original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHnIzkwbQU4&t=49s

In English he sounds like someone reading a book in front of an audience about how he conquered these natives. In German he actually sounds like I'd imagine a native jungle guru dude (sounds like he's a bit dumb (but very nice) - it's only some minor flaws in his wordings though as he doesn't speak in his native language of course).

Wow. I'm amazed. For once the localization (German) is actually much much much better than the original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHnIzkwbQU4&t=49s

In English he sounds like someone reading a book in front of an audience about how he conquered these natives. In German he actually sounds like I'd imagine a native jungle guru dude (sounds like he's a bit dumb (but very nice) - it's only some minor flaws in his wordings though as he doesn't speak in his native language of course).

I have played Diablo 2 with both localizations (several years each). Strangely enough, I find the English Ormus much better - the introduction has more depth and conveys his character better. There are some NPCs however that I prefer in German (Nihlatak, Charsi, Hratli)

I have played Diablo 2 with both localizations (several years each). Strangely enough, I find the English Ormus much better - the introduction has more depth and conveys his character better. There are some NPCs however that I prefer in German (Nihlatak, Charsi, Hratli)

If I remember correctly in the German version the voice actor for Cain changed from D2 Vanilla to LoD... that was super awful :lol:
Other than that they did a pretty good job with it (as expected for Blizzard). Still preferring English any day though.

Top Bottom