Hitler, Fuhrer of the Third Reich

Hi cabal2k, n0rdi is right about the Panzer; but hey, I got a King Tiger addon for ya too on Modbrowser =P I added more strength, made it cost more, and based on something I read in your link, I added an open terrain bonus too.
Thanks Emerald Knight, wonderful news :goodjob:

Just be thankful this time the one modding in Hitler has done that with some irony, not seriously and creepingly depicting him as a "genius statesman".
As for the pictures, well, when I hear Adolf Hitler, I don't think about blitzkrieg invasion tactics as the first thing, I think about Auschwitz and Treblinka. As any sane person does. But, at that point, sometimes hypocrisy kicks in.

Just be thankful this time the one modding in Hitler has done that with some irony, not seriously and creepingly depicting him as a "genius statesman".
As for the pictures, well, when I hear Adolf Hitler, I don't think about blitzkrieg invasion tactics as the first thing, I think about Auschwitz and Treblinka. As any sane person does. But, at that point, sometimes hypocrisy kicks in.

Most people think about the ''purification'' (don't know the english word) first. But genocide has been done many times before and even a few times after. Germany just industrialized it.

From the view of civilization it's not all that important really. Hitler was obviously insane to some degree and responsible for some of the worst atrocities in history. But he (and his generals) also invented a whole new strategic outlook on warfare. In fact, I'll go as far as to say he created the basis on which modern day warfare is build. People forget how unprepared the world was for Germany's blitzkrieg tactics (actually being the first to fully utilize tanks, airunits and paratroopers). Both Russia and the Western forces copied his tactics within a few years and used it to defeat him.

The only issue I have with this is in the Hall of Fame, when I won with Hitler and the Swastika mod, it showed up as Bismark and the Iron Cross. No biggie to me. I just wanted to voice it and figured Bismark/Iron Cross was hardcoded in. But seeing Hitler and Stalin on the same map is definitely something I am going to be doing next. Even though I'm Russian, the Hitler mod so far is definitely something to be happy about, to me anyway. I know everything there is about Nazi Germany and have many books about it, and own videos on Hitler as well.

I'm intrigued and rather obsessed with it as I am with Stalin. It's just one of those things I got hooked onto when I was about 9 or 10 and it hasn't left me since.

The Hall of Fame is currently outside the Mod menu, so it doesn't load any mods when loading the hall of fame replays. When Firaxis adds the Hall of Fame inside the mod menu, then it'll show, as it does in the end of game screen (used settler, ancient era, duel map, 1 other civ to get a quick end of game):

playthroughs.jpg

Is it recommended to play this with the Hebrew Civilization mod?

Lol! Hitler should have +33% when fighting them then xD
And I think the +culture for killing enemies should be replaced by something else.
Something with happiness, perhaps? Seeing as they had their populace indoctrinated and submissive.

That must be why Hitler survived 40 assassination attempts - because the population was so submissive...

That must be why Hitler survived 40 assassination attempts - because the population was so submissive...

Submissive as in they were still sore from the loss in WWI and wanted a strong leader to bring them up from the gutter.. They thought they got it so they put all their eggs in the Hitler-basket. Maybe I should have used 'naive' or '******ed' instead xD

According to Adolf himself, he survived because he was 'Immortal'.

I'm glad someone has made a Hitler and Third Reich civilization, Germany was only historically important when he was in charge. I don't know why Firaxis beats around the bush with Germany they should replace that Bismark guy with Hitler and make the other UU the Luffwafte or have a UB like called Concentration Camp?

Hmmm. Could be because Hitler wan´t a great leader, nor one to be proud of. And concentration camp isn´t a building. Besides it´s a British invention; they used it in the Boer Wars.

Submissive as in they were still sore from the loss in WWI and wanted a strong leader to bring them up from the gutter.. They thought they got it so they put all their eggs in the Hitler-basket. Maybe I should have used 'naive' or '******ed' instead xD

According to Adolf himself, he survived because he was 'Immortal'.

Oh dear... that must be why he killed himself. No, he figured he was divinely protected. I have no idea where you get thiss "immortal" bogus; I´d love to see a source for it.

The cause for the massive increase in Nazi support was the Great Depression; before that their support was marginal. You can just google these things...

Hmmm. Could be because Hitler wan´t a great leader, nor one to be proud of. And concentration camp isn´t a building. Besides it´s a British invention; they used it in the Boer Wars.

Oh dear... that must be why he killed himself. No, he figured he was divinely protected. I have no idea where you get thiss "immortal" bogus; I´d love to see a source for it.

The cause for the massive increase in Nazi support was the Great Depression; before that their support was marginal. You can just google these things...

I saw that reconstruction of the assassination-atempt on Discovery, and they said it there.

And your second point is the same as mine, just put in other words.

I saw that reconstruction of the assassination-atempt on Discovery, and they said it there.

Was it before or after explaining how the Death Metal Rooster could make such long brutal screams?

Love the graphics, the design, the changes. Tight work.

Only thing I'd say is it would be nice to add them as a new civ by itself rather than replacing Bismarck

Love the graphics, the design, the changes. Tight work.

Only thing I'd say is it would be nice to add them as a new civ by itself rather than replacing Bismarck
Just make a copy of Germany with Bismarck and name it Prussia.

Guys, please stop discussing Politics before this thread gets locked. Post about the mod..

Hey guys,

This mod has been removed from the in-game mod hub.

As you may or may not be aware, mods uploaded through the Civ Mod Browser are available internationally. Symbols (including flags, insignia, uniforms, slogans and forms of greeting) associated with certain outlawed parties and groups are unlawful in several countries where mods are available. As such, we cannot allow mods containing this content to be distributed through the Civ mod browser.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but I do hope you understand that we just plain cannot host content that is illegal.

:lol:

Content-nazis nicked the Nazis :mischief:

And your second point is the same as mine, just put in other words.

Nice to know you watch Discovery; guess you missed the bit about the total attempts figure being 40. And no, being immortal is quite something else than being protected by Providence. (If Hitler believed he was immortal, he wouldn´t try suicide to escape capture.)

Hey guys,

This mod has been removed from the in-game mod hub.

As you may or may not be aware, mods uploaded through the Civ Mod Browser are available internationally. Symbols (including flags, insignia, uniforms, slogans and forms of greeting) associated with certain outlawed parties and groups are unlawful in several countries where mods are available. As such, we cannot allow mods containing this content to be distributed through the Civ mod browser.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but I do hope you understand that we just plain cannot host content that is illegal.

I´d say illegal (as in illegal content). Anyway, I was afraid of that... better upload it to the CiV Download Database.

:lol:

Content-nazis nicked the Nazis :mischief:

Loool! Well, I allready played through as Hitler once. It was fun in the modern-era, but not so much in the other eras.

@Jeelen: It's been a while since I saw that program. You are probably right.

Top Bottom