Ingame Editor

Thanks to you for the confirmation. Unfortunately, this is a civ5 bug and I have no idea on how to prevent it to happen. I will try to slightly change my files (adding a comment in lua/xml files, slightly changing a pixel's color) but my hopes are down.

Version 6 is the same as version 5: it just has a slightly different mod description, it was an experiment to try to prevent this bug. If you see more versions today, they will also be the same as v5. Unfortunately it seems like the only way to test things in this case is to publicly release them. And, for that, I need to increase the version number on every try. Grats, Firaxis!

DonQuiche, many thanks for this new version.
It is curiously non compatible with Government Buildings (v.4) (spelling corrections ...) which I have disabled.
Again thank you for your great work.

Great mod - Looks like you broke the tile owner option in the terrain edit section

Keep up the good work

NN

My mistake. Sorry I have made so many tests with mods that I made an error.
The problem is with Building Upgrades (v.1). I hope you don't have lost too much time.
I will just forget I have installed BU1.

Found a weird bug - I guess your mod has code that centres on the capital.

This is interfering with the game - When the game shows you "Unit Needs Orders", click on it, the map flies in the right direction then immediatly flies to the capital. You can never get to he unit. Unselect the mod and this does not happen (Also didn't happen in v4).

Other bug: User Owns Tile in the Terrain Edit part

Thanks for the reports, I will investigate them and publish a v8 very soon that will be focused on bugfixes without any new feature. I also found a couple of bugs related to the diplomatic relationships edition (the eligible civs listed for some actions are incorrect if you formed teams). Anyway, despite regular QA checks, I was expecting bugs given that, besides all the visible changes, I also modified the very architecture to something I wanted to try out (multiple independent contexts connected through an event-driven design for the connoisseurs; it worked beautifully and I guess it is the only decent way to build civ5 add-ons with a lot of UI elements)

@Zwx
No worry, I wasn't working on IGE and therefore didn't lose time. :)

@Nn125
It's really strange since the only code touching the camera is the one reacting to a click on the "home" button and given that this code is not reachable when IGE is closed. But, hey, this is civ5, everything is possible. ^^

This is interfering with the game - When the game shows you "Unit Needs Orders", click on it, the map flies in the right direction then immediatly flies to the capital. You can never get to he unit. Unselect the mod and this does not happen (Also didn't happen in v4).

Other bug: User Owns Tile in the Terrain Edit part

Seconded. It is doing the same in my game. When I disabled IGE it went back to normal. Other than that totally awesome look and upgrade!!!

Hi

Just popped in to say that its a great mod and that I use and recommend it.

So far I've found one or two bugs with v.7:

When IGE is started the fog of war is automatically removed from the map. This can be enabled again however. What's worse is that it is also removed from the minimap. Here it seems that it can only be enabled again by loading the game.

And now for a question: Would it be possible to alter relations with other civs? I don't mean forcing a DOF but just e.g. make a civ a little more friendly towards you.

Great mod - keep it going!

\Skodkim

Hello all of you. :)

@Skodkim
Regarding the minimap bug (fog of war not being restored on the minimap once IGE is closed)... Unfortunately, there is no way to fix it, this is another civ5 bug. You will have to save and reload. :(

About the relations with major civs... Unfortunately, no, there is no way to just change the attitude of a major civ towards yours.

@jk_bonn
Thank you for the report, I will look at this problem with VEM.

This is interfering with the game - When the game shows you "Unit Needs Orders", click on it, the map flies in the right direction then immediatly flies to the capital. You can never get to he unit. Unselect the mod and this does not happen (Also didn't happen in v4)....
Seconded. It is doing the same in my game. When I disabled IGE it went back to normal. Other than that totally awesome look and upgrade!!!
Thirded! I've only tried this In-game Editor mod once, and this happened as soon as I activated the IGE. Saving & reloading didn't help, so I abandoned the barely-started game & came here.

nn125 said:

This is interfering with the game - When the game shows you "Unit Needs Orders", click on it, the map flies in the right direction then immediatly flies to the capital. You can never get to he unit. Unselect the mod and this does not happen (Also didn't happen in v4)....

MindXX said:

Thirded! I've only tried this In-game Editor mod once, and this happened as soon as I activated the IGE. Saving & reloading didn't help, so I abandoned the barely-started game & came here.

Yup. Same here. Makes game play impossible. Otherwise, great mod and have loved it up until this bug showed up :(

You can click the city and then go back. After that you can play again. And yes, It is an annoying bug :(

Could you please give me more details about the bug with VEM ? I never used this mod and cannot see any problem or lua error. I would like clear reproduction steps. And what messages are missing ? The notifications (circular buttons on the bottom right of the screen) or the floating messages (text overlay on the center of the screen).

Regarding the City Upgrades mod, it was yet another spelling mistake in this mod: the author declared a wrong tech prerequisite (TECH_PLASTICS instead of TECH_PLASTIC) for a building. I made IGE resilient against that but this error breaks the production popup anyway so this mod is unusable.

Finally, I managed to spot the problem with the camera: since there are actually two copies of the productionpopup (the regular one and the additional one over the IGE background), once you open it the second one also opens but is not closed when the first one is. As a result, anytme you select a unit, its update process is triggered and move the camera. I am going to write my own copy of this production popup to make sure it stays inactive when IGE is closed.

Hello all of you. :)

@Skodkim
Regarding the minimap bug (fog of war not being restored on the minimap once IGE is closed)... Unfortunately, there is no way to fix it, this is another civ5 bug. You will have to save and reload. :(

Couldn't you just not remove the Fog of War then? Or perhaps make it so that it's removed by pressing a button? It wasn't removed with v4 and to me that seems by far the better option compared to the way v7 works.

\Skodkim

Version 8 has been released.

Bugfixes:
* Fixes the camera problem when selecting a unit.
* Fixes the tile ownership management.
* Fixes a bug in the civilizations listed for some diplomatic actions when some civilizations have been grouped in a team.
* Fixes a compatibility issue with mods specifying incorrect prerequisites for buildings.
* Fixes a compatibility issue with the "Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced" mod.

@Skodkim
I certainly don't think it would be by far the best option. ;)
But you just have to toggle the "reveal map" button (atop the IGE panel) to disable it. This setting will be persisted: the next time you open IGE (even if you restarted civ5), the map won't be revealed.

EDIT: On second thought... I will make it disabled by default.

EDIT: On second thought... I will make it disabled by default.

I would vote for this, if possible. It just seems more logical that one would want to default to keeping the fog of war and then have the option to actively reveal it.

Likewise, personally, if i really wanted to reveal a part of the map I just plop a scout down somewhere on the map and eventually delete it before the turn ends. it ends up being a net gain of a few gold, but I've never experienced a bug in the process.

also---great mod!

I would vote for this, if possible. It just seems more logical that one would want to default to keeping the fog of war and then have the option to actively reveal it.
Fortunately, it was totally possible, I just had to change one character, it will be disabled by default for v9. If all things were as simple as this one. ;)

Top Bottom