Does Lake Victoria counts as a lake?

ggmoyang

King
i. e. can build floating gardens or provide fresh water to adjacent tiles?
Or does it counts as a mountain like other natural wonders?

it counts as source of fresh water. pretty sure the game considers it to be a lake.

All Natural wonders are considered mountains for the purpose of being able to be seen from 4 tiles away. Lake Victoria has a freshwater source tag. None of the wonders are considered mountains for the purpose of Machu or the Disney Castle as the graphic cannot be changed for those wonders.

As far as I know, they do count as mountains for building an observatory, just not for any of the wonders.

i. e. can build floating gardens or provide fresh water to adjacent tiles?
Or does it counts as a mountain like other natural wonders?

actually not, in the in-game it counted as mountain
reason:
1. when im playing as France i got a , Assyria is my neighbor he had Lake Victoria inside his border adjacent to one of its cities (Nimrud as i remember i think) between a two mountain then he start building the wonder Machu Pichu, then suddenly the machu pichu terrain art shows inside the Lake Victoria, which should spawn be either the two mountains. I think its a bug.
2. in my second game Playing as Indonesia i got lake victoria near my 3rd city and it has a adjacent hill tile. When i try to make a farmon that hill tile, i cant (every hill adjacent to lake, oasis and river ,Farm could be buildable.)

For wonders and buildings (maybe not observatories) you MUST have a mountain (non-wonder) but the actual graphic for the wonder can be built on most natural wonders as well.

Actually, I've had Machu Pachu show up being built on a NUMBER of natural wonders. Most recently, King Solomon's Mines. My favorite is when it shows up being built inside The Barringer Crater.

Actually, I've had Machu Pachu show up being built on a NUMBER of natural wonders. Most recently, King Solomon's Mines. My favorite is when it shows up being built inside The Barringer Crater.

This. I even uploaded a screenshot for the Barringer Picchu (or was it the Machu Crater ;) ?).

Is it actually fresh water for adjacent tiles? I moused over some tiles next to it and they didn't show the "fresh water" thing on the tooltip

The wonders used to be bugged so you could build machu pichu on them, but that was fixed in a patch a long time ago. Ick. not that it has anything to do with the lake.

Machu Picchu on Old Faithful is good too. Geyser Picchu!

Lake Victoria not counting for Floating Gardens = bad for Montezuma

but...

Lake Victoria giving +12 :c5food: to Spain = bad for everyone

Top Bottom