Does Lake Victoria counts as a lake?

So does Lake Victoria count as a mountain for build an observatory or not?

Well, there are saltwater lakes too you know :lol:
Not sure about real life lake Victoria though.

It seems that with the 1.0.3.70 patch, Lake Victoria provides fresh water and is "see-through"-able. It still doesn't receive +2 food from the Aztec Floating Gardens (but one could argue that Natural Wonders should provide fixed yields, except for Spain).

It seems that with the 1.0.3.70 patch, Lake Victoria provides fresh water and is "see-through"-able. It still doesn't receive +2 food from the Aztec Floating Gardens (but one could argue that Natural Wonders should provide fixed yields, except for Spain).

how do you know this???

When building gardens etc. it counts as a lake, but surprisingly units cannot embark into it.

I noticed the other day when I was playing that I couldn't embark on the Great Barrier Reef either. I was trying to work a fish tile and my work boat was not able to access the tile.

Sphinx[booming voice]: When is a lake not a lake; when is a mountain both more and less than itself?

Player: What, you mean both at once?! ... Err... *perspiring* W-when you've e-eaten a *lot* of various dubious mushrooms? *quivers in fear* :scared::help:

Sphinx: WRONG! :evil::mwaha: *eats the player*

Player: *screams of agony* ... For God's sake, please just tell me the answer! :run::aargh::please:

Sphinx:
Spoiler :
When you're playing Civ V :smug::mischief:

Player: :dubious::twitch::gripe:[pissed]:c5plus:

:D:egypt::goodjob:

Note: although my post is technically spam, you may not dispute its monumental sense of style. ... Lest you be eaten by a Sphinx. :cooool:

I guess it makes sense not to build Machu Picchu on a natural wonder. You'd be like defacing a work of art. Or .... I guess painting a work of art over the top of another work of art, but that still means you're losing a work of art.

I noticed the other day when I was playing that I couldn't embark on the Great Barrier Reef either. I was trying to work a fish tile and my work boat was not able to access the tile.

It is called "barrier" reef, after all.

( I have no idea whether it actually blocks shipping traffic or not. Just saying..)

It is called "barrier" reef, after all.

( I have no idea whether it actually blocks shipping traffic or not. Just saying..)

Yup.

Pretty annoying when you have a load of coal and sugar to export, but for the rest of us, it is a fantastic place to relax and see the greatest of things, all new every time :D!

(I live just by it)

it counts as source of fresh water. pretty sure the game considers it to be a lake.

No it doesn't, unfortunately. I think it's a bug, but it doesn't make the adjacent tiles freshwater, and you can't see across it.

Top Bottom