Gifting Units to C/S- Change in Practice

Cicerosaurus

Emperor
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I haven't noticed it here.

I think we were all frustrated with the units disappearing into the ether. It seems now you can't gift another unit until the previous gift unit has arrived- that is, you can only gift one unit every three turns.

If this means less "lost" units- great. However, I think it means greater value should be placed on a gift.

What's the problem with it taking 3 turns that you think it needs to be worth more?

If you walk the units over to inside their borders you can gift them all at once still, right?

Arsenal of democracy is already super strong the way it is, I don't think we need to make that policy stronger. Without this policy, I very rarely gift units to city states, just because I'm afraid they will get my artillery killed by an enemy city while it meanders in the water...

Ummm. Probably because you can only gift the CS a unit every three turns rather than every turn.

So there's no problem, it's just different than how it used to be. Different doesn't mean we need to make it more beneficial of a mechanic.

It's been made less beneficial.

Doesn't mean we can't return it to where it was.

The only way to do that is to allow it to happen without delay.

I guess it would be super annoying if you play sweden and gift some great person to city state. Before this 3 turn runs to end venice or austria buys that city state. Complete waste of GP. With austria it's easy to prevent because they have to be ally for 5 turns but venice is different thing.

By the way. What happens to gifted military units if they are on they way to city state and city state is conquered or taken by venice austria's UA?

Top Bottom