College Football: Spring Season under way

kingjoshi

King
So, what do you think of your team's chances?

Buckeye here and obviously I think we have a shot at the National Title. I'm curious as to how people step up on Defense. I hope finally we get an offense that's in sync like during the Cooper years. Germaine, Eddie and Glenn :eek:

I think we'll have two receivers stand out (Gonzales and Ginn) and we know Troy will perform. Just not sure if Pittman or one of the Wells guys can kick it to that level. Pittman ended last year well so I gotta give credit. But I would like to see more domination.

I think I picked OSU to win the National Title in some thread, but I cant be sure. Thier biggest hurdle is probably Michigan, if they can get past them they really shouldnt lose to anyone else.

I expect Texas to lose badly to the Buckeyes, upset Oklahoma, lose to some mediocre Big 12 team (maybe 2...Kansas & Texas Tech?).

But who cares, WE ARE NATIONAL CHAMPS BABY!!!

Playing IN Texas is never easy...I can't remember the last time OSU got a big road out of conference win. I'm thinking they beat Washington State the year they won the title?

I'm not worried about the defence, since we have lots of studs in the wings...and a great tailback combo of Pittman and newcomer Chris Wells. OSU has as good a chance as any to win the title

Our QB is probably going to be a freshman, I expect our offense to resemble that of Oklahoma's last year.

The OSU-UT game is early in the year I think, so the Buckeyes defense should easily win the game by themselves.

SMU fan here. We went 5-6 last year and shocked everyone (including ourselves) with wins over UAB, TCU, and UTEP.

Thankfully we've wussified our schedule to get more wins and maybe a bowl bid...any bowl bid.

What chances? It's just one injury/dismissal after another. We won't have a team by September.

I don't give Alabama any real shot even to win the West at this point. I think the defense will be fine, even with all those starters gone to graduation. The offense has new personnel (yippee) and Andre Smith gives the illusion of a return to Samuels/Alexander, but the offense needs systemic change before we'll be competitive again. Auburn's become a stable power, and LSU is just too good, if poorly coached. Ole Miss is on the rise, but they've got a lot of opportunities to stumble along the way. Arkansas got Mitch Mustain, but I still think they'll continue their downward slide. Miss State is doomed to the cellar once again.

But who knows? It's only spring.

Not a big believer in Les Miles?

btw, just how good is Mustain anyway? Can he carry Arkansas ala Eli Manning with Ole Miss a few years ago?

For some reason Les Miles reminds me of Dick Cheney. I'm not sure what that means, but I don't think it's good.

Mustain is a premiere HS QB. For what that's worth. I don't see him leading a resurgence all by his lonesome, and there seems to be some friction over there between Nutt and the AD.

And don't forget they've now got a high school coach for an offensive coordinator as well . . .

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH. The new OSU uniforms don't have gray! And they're plain. What the heck were they thinking?! Bastards!

Sorry did want to start a new thread for this...

I know, Karen Holbrook should be tried for Crimes Against Humanity for this!!!

ahhh, its not that bad. Teddy Ginn is going to be just as fast in these new duds

MattBrown said:
ahhh, its not that bad. Teddy Ginn is going to be just as fast in these new duds
Heathen! Mr I'm going to apply to UT! :p

...and OSU! and OSU! Sheesh guys, its not like I'm going to throw out all my buckeye stuff. Whats a brother got to do, show up to a cfc gathering in a red sweater vest? :)

I just noticed this, but does anybody else think the new jersey looks like Indiana's?

RedFusion said:
I know, Karen Holbrook should be tried for Crimes Against Humanity for this!!!

You'll have to change your name to just 'Scarlet' :D .

MattBrown said:
...and OSU! and OSU! Sheesh guys, its not like I'm going to throw out all my buckeye stuff. Whats a brother got to do, show up to a cfc gathering in a red sweater vest? :)
If you've made confession and peace with Woody, then all it alright.

MattBrown said:
I just noticed this, but does anybody else think the new jersey looks like Indiana's?
The black does make it look more like theirs. They have an IU ensignia on the sleeve. Our's isn't that cool.

Guys, show me these new OSU uniforms...I was a huge fan of their old ones, why the hell would they change it?

Here is this new travesty:

I'm only thankful they didn't saddle us with the bra-straps like Michigan and Miami

RedFusion said:
Here is this new travesty:

I'm only thankful they didn't saddle us with the bra-straps like Michigan and Miami

Bra straps, how mature, Mr. Fusion.

Go blue... f### Jai Eugene

Top Bottom