[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

9pm? then it'll be 8 or 10pm here (cant remember which...). I won't be in... I was planning to get up early, play ffh2 until 4pm when i will go out... but looks like i'll have to wait til tommorow... :(

Looks excellent! I'll play it tonight when I get the chance!

:goodjob: Thanks development team, you've made this forum VERY happy.

Just a minor thing, but have you considered renaming the "Balseraph catapult" to simply "Cattlepult"? It would seem appropriate.

I`ve just found out what the warning message at my cigarette packages ought to be: Waiting for the release of Ffh2 may cause serious damage to your health, as it increases the amount of cigarettes consumed...

And since Kael cares for other people, I presume that he will release Ffh2 a couple of hours earlier :D

(I really hoped EST was just a mispelling of ECT...) Bugger that it wasn`t.

I`ve been playing FFh1 in LAN since I downloaded it a few weeks ago. It`s a great MOD. THANK YOU Kael (and the rest of the team).

Jean Elcard said:
Just checked that it will be 9pm here in Germany, when the new version of your great mod will hit this forum. Kind of late. Would you be so nice to post it one or two hours earlier, so that I don't have to spend the whole night in front of my computer testing it with some friends in multiplayer? Pleeeaase! I have to get up early tomorrow... :mischief:

I wish I could but there are other logistics involved, most notably that I don't even get off work until 1pm EST. I figure it will take about 2 hours to wrap it up and get it uploaded, so that puts us at 3pm EST (8pm England time, which is where Im at right now).

Woot! Todays the day! I cant wait to play it!

Too bad i cant play it the entire weekend.

Stupid college requires homework! :mad:

Damn, when I saw 3 pm EST I thought thet it was same as CET. I was wrong, obviously. (What EST stands for? East (Coast)?
3 pm CET now.

I am looking forward to Version 2! Can't wait to see what you have gotten in with the SDK available.

The file size seems to have grown a bit. If you start running low on download bandwidth, I would suggest using a BitTorrent.

Wow, I have to say that I cant believe the time and commitment given to this mod. I've been playing 1.0 for about a month now, mostly with the Iluria map from warlords and have finally just resigstered.

Is there a place where we can send donations to the developers for their time and effort and to keep this mod going through all the vanilla civ updates?

Warlords Eraser said:
Wow, I have to say that I cant believe the time and commitment given to this mod. I've been playing 1.0 for about a month now, mostly with the Iluria map from warlords and have finally just resigstered.

Is there a place where we can send donations to the developers for their time and effort and to keep this mod going through all the vanilla civ updates?

Im glad you are enjoying it. No, we dont want the donations (but thanks for offering). Instead please make sure you are buying legal copies of Civ4 and the soon to come Warlords expansion. Firaxis are the real heroes here and their job (of making a great strategy game) was made so much more difficult because they left so much open for mods. They made this mod possible and deserve to recieve the monetary rewards for their efforts (and we want them to keep making great games!).

It is encouraged to erect statues in our honor. Kael's should look like Gary Coleman as he seems to have a fascination with him. :p

woodelf said:
It is encouraged to erect statues in our honor. Kael's should look like Gary Coleman as he seems to have a fascination with him. :p

And Woodelfs should look like Rosanne for the same reason. ;)

Wow I'm late. Already 5 pages here.:)
Too bad my own computer still doesn't work. would like to give this here a try as soon as possible. But first I'll have to reinstall windows and all the other programs I need again:sad:

@woodelf
I already commited units to you now you want statues? You're greedy!:D
Will be hard to model rosanne but I see what I can do;)

Kael, that one really would be useful, so could you add leader traits next to the leaders of each civ? If only for us to drool at, we'll still be better prepared for what to expect and could concentrate on playing quicker.

And I hope that later on more leaders will be added to different civs. Will suggestions on leaders on FFH forum be welcome or not?

Cheers

Chammadai said:
Kael, that one really would be useful, so could you add leader traits next to the leaders of each civ? If only for us to drool at, we'll still be better prepared for what to expect and could concentrate on playing quicker.

And I hope that later on more leaders will be added to different civs. Will suggestions on leaders on FFH forum be welcome or not?

Cheers

Let me see if I can get the traits listed on the leaders.

All suggestions are welcome. wether or not they wil be used..... ;)

In all honesty Im not opposed to more leaders if their is a general concensus that it is needed. But it will take a good reason to create one (more than wanting a different trait combination). A leaderhead is the most complex object in the game and take the most to produce when done well.

That said it take 2 clicks to change the traits around with the FfH2 editor (which you will also have today). So if you want a current leader to have different traits is easy enough to change them yourself, as long as you have excel. I wish you didnt need excel but there isnt much I can do about that.

(begin babbling..)

And the fact that certain combinations don't exist is intentional design. So even though you may want to play with a certain combo that may included in the design. In vanilla civ the civs laregly play the same except for the 2 traits and 1 UU. That is so much different in FfH2 and Im sure you will find youself wishing you had the Clan units, the Elohim traits, the Amurite buildings and the grigori heroes (for example). We tend to think of balance as we compare one specific aspect of a civ with another, that will not work with FfH2.

(end babbling)

Top Bottom