Warhammer Conversion Beta - Download/Debug Thread

the 2-move is a bit micro-management intensive:
Spoiler :

You can move over hills, jungle and forrests two squares IF you
'move-reselect unit-cast haste-move2', could be made impossible if casting is disabled after 'end-of-movement' is triggered for a unit.

magic promotions: (haven't installed your mini-mod yet)
Spoiler :
can learn first level magic of type researched, then only combat promotions that supposedly give my summons more power. (I'd remove the summons part in the info-text and move this to concepts:magic:casters:promotions, it does not apply to 90% of the units that can gain the combat promotions)

ps I found the buttons.

pps dwarven mountainrunnerskillz rant:
Spoiler :

I don't think the dwarven move-bonus in hills feels right.
Give them a bonus for attacking and defending hills, sure they are tenacious little buggers, but moving faster because of hills? nah. that would take tunnels.

I don't think the dwarven move-bonus in hills feels right.
Give them a bonus for attacking and defending hills, sure they are tenacious little buggers, but moving faster because of hills? nah. that would take tunnels.

Good Point

Hello, Great Persons =).
I'm a fan of fantasy mods for the Civilization series, and my favourite mod for Civ3 was the Warhammer, as you can guess easily. It was I think the best fantasy mod for the civ3, at least I haven't ever seen better ones.

Now let's return to your mod discussion. I'm having A LOT of fun playing FFH2, you know, I really love how it's done. But it's done in a bit strange game universe for me. So I'd like to have a really good mode in one of my favourite universes, so your mode fits greatly. Now I expect to have a lot of fun with your mod in nearest future, so my first question - when do you plan to make an update and fix all those tiny things that make the world better (and please change the dwarven hill movement to attack/defence, I'll really appreciate this)?
For sure this is only a desire to play "more balanced and with better possibilities" game, gamers always lust for updates, so you can miss this part. But if you really have some plans, can you please tell them and the time you want to realise them.

Good luck and best ideas, thank you for your hard work.

first off, Welcome to the Forums Deon :wavey:

at the moment, the lead designer is out and busy in Real life untill Febuary, and so an official patch will not come out untill then.

however, i am making a not-so-mini MiniMod for WH, and mostly focuses on the Spells but also i attempt to fix any little bug that is found.

My next patch will be released by the end of next week and will incluse chaos magic and a change for the dwarf promotion to extra defence in hills as opposed to movement, as well as a few more fixes and features (check the minimod thread for the full list of changes).

FfH and the WH mod for civ3 are what drove me to modding WH for civ 4. i saw what the possibilities are, and how well the WH world converts to the civ world that i thought i had to try it :)

My years pass only one year per turn

Khemri starts out owned by Lahmia

City placement in the old world needs improvenment.

About the Rhye style spawning. Are you going to put in some cities, esp. in the old world as barb cities and have them flip to the new civs, allowing us to have important cities in the game? (like Nurn) as well as deciding who has how many cities, and where they are so it becomes easy to balance?

Sorry if this has all been over before.

Also about Sylvania, are you going to have them spawn before they turn evil, and have them build up their infrostructure on their own, or have them spawn at the date Von Carstein took over the kingdom (and have it belong to the Empire before that)?

I agree with the suggestion wherever it was about limiting city placement outside the old world and making the old world disproportianatly large, as this would help the speed issue.

the 1 year per turn is intentional

Khemri starts out owned by Lahmia
do you mean the city Khemri? was Khemri also in that game or only Lhamia? because both civs share the came city names, just in different orders, so if Khemri plays, and there is no Lhamia, they will be able to build citis that have Lhamian names later in the game.

City placement in the old world needs improvenment.
which map asre you playing on?

About the Rhye style spawning. Are you going to put in some cities, esp. in the old world as barb cities and have them flip to the new civs, allowing us to have important cities in the game? (like Nurn) as well as deciding who has how many cities, and where they are so it becomes easy to balance?
most likely this will be the case. Masada is in hcarge of the Rhye spawning additions.

Also about Sylvania, are you going to have them spawn before they turn evil, and have them build up their infrostructure on their own, or have them spawn at the date Von Carstein took over the kingdom (and have it belong to the Empire before that)?
probably the latter.

I agree with the suggestion wherever it was about limiting city placement outside the old world and making the old world disproportianatly large, as this would help the speed issue.
whats this? you mean limit non-oldworld civs to the number of cities they can build? or having the wilderness terrain that cannot be built on?

In the world map 1.03 that I was linked to as the one you were going to use, for me the city Khemri starts out owned by lhamia, but with khemri units in it.

I did mean limiting the cities by which terrain they can build on. Having 7 available city sites available for Naggaroth, only certain open patches in jungle etcetra...

first off, Welcome to the Forums Deon :wavey:

at the moment, the lead designer is out and busy in Real life untill Febuary, and so an official patch will not come out untill then.

however, i am making a not-so-mini MiniMod for WH, and mostly focuses on the Spells but also i attempt to fix any little bug that is found.

My next patch will be released by the end of next week and will incluse chaos magic and a change for the dwarf promotion to extra defence in hills as opposed to movement, as well as a few more fixes and features (check the minimod thread for the full list of changes).

FfH and the WH mod for civ3 are what drove me to modding WH for civ 4. i saw what the possibilities are, and how well the WH world converts to the civ world that i thought i had to try it :)

Thank you for your answer. I saw the thread of your mod but was mainly in the FFH forums so I didn't go inside. I will check it now, and I already await your new update (chaos magic? Sounds sweet. Also thanks in advance for dwarven fixes, I love to play with these short tough bastards).

Was there a FFH mod for the Civ3? It's a pity I missed it... :(

pools of despair - improvement:
-despare misspelt.
Spoiler :

<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_POOLS_OF_DESPARE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Help/>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_POOLS_OF_DESPARE</ArtDefineTag>

-no texts yet for this kind of features. OK
-'poisoned' round event-icon purple.
Also the healing rates I think are reversed. (-3%friendly/-5%neutral/-8%enemy lands)
Spoiler :

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_POOLS_OF_DESPARE</Tag>
<English>Pools of Despair</English>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_POOLS_OF_DESPARE</Tag>
<English>Pools of Despair</English>
</TEXT>

----
I noticed 'the restless' capturing cities of Bretonia.
-Have restless-dead barbarians autopillage cities or make them a seperate barb group, with undead unit-lines.

pools of despair - improvement:
-despare misspelt.

is the game text misspelt or just the tags? if its the tags, that dosnt matter ;) no one sees it except modders :)

negative healing for the pools of despair fits the flavour better than healing. the pools are supposed to make people who drink from it go insane iirc

EDIT: ill fix the typo for my spells patch.

Both the tags and the text are misspelt.
The healing is negative that is good, only it is more negativwe in friendly territory, which is odd.

--
saw another thing, AI worker behaviour: they build farms and towns on swamps.
(at least brettonian and/ar barbarians do)

I'd love to have a 'crazy' promotion, to give to unittypes that are less than trustworthy. (like fanatics, etc) Or as a grey-spell 'befuddle mind'.
maybe: start of turn move in random direction, end move.
I wonder how that would work with enemies nearby...a forced attack would fit with most frenzied troop behaviour.

yeah.
in python anything is possible,
Spoiler :

just have the unit displaced into a random adjacent square X%of the turns.
Problem is I don;t see how to have a unit battle against enemy units while in python. The obvious solution would be to disqualify enemy held tiles, but animosity and other frenzied behaviours typicaly are intended to close with the enemy...
maybe fanatics can get a free haste spell if within (hated)enemies...

could a unit become temporary barbarian? No, it would attack anyone...ok for released fanatics. ;)

What if we create a barbarian civ for each civ, these are at war with anyone but the owner-civ (like hobgoblinhorde+barbarians). each unit in this 'shadow'civ gets a promotion, that returns it to the owner at the end of the barb-civ turn.
This mechanism could be used for any involuntary unit behaviour due to harted or any other sort of madness.
To cut down on the number of civs, only on racial-basis. and have python remember which unit belongs to what player...?

But this is alot of work for a thing that is not in the control of players.

never mind.
Just thinking out loud.

edited due to admonishment, ;)
will edit again to report an error. :)

edit: It is still too damn hard to defeat units inside cities. Or am I just a worthless player. ;)

Top Bottom