Caveman 2 Cosmos

I grabbed the newest version of C2C last night and I was quite disappointed to see that all the interesting leaders that were in the previous version have been taken out while adding... Australia. I already thought it was a shame when the optional civs were removed, but now we are left with vanilla and... Australia?

Are there plans to at least bring back the extra leaders that were in the last version? Will there also be plans to bring back that nice custom civilization pack you had some time ago strategyonly?

On a similar note I did try (in vain) to merge Generalstaff's mega civ pack, which of course did not work and after, attempted to merge the leaders from the previous c2c release, which also terminated in a mountain of errors.

If only vanilla civs/leader... and Australia will be support from here on in, is there a simple way for players, such as myself take civs/leaders from previous c2c release or Generalstaff's Mega Civ Pack and incorporate them into our game?

Thank you.

On a similar note I did try (in vain) to merge Generalstaff's mega civ pack, which of course did not work and after, attempted to merge the leaders from the previous c2c release, which also terminated in a mountain of errors.

If only vanilla civs/leader... and Australia will be support from here on in, is there a simple way for players, such as myself take civs/leaders from previous c2c release or Generalstaff's Mega Civ Pack and incorporate them into our game?

Thank you.

I personally dont like, infact HATE Civs that only have two or three units in them, thats not a civ its a shame and useless garbage. If your going to make a civ at least make at a MINIMUM of ten, preferably 15 or more units included in that civ.IMHO

I have never looked at General's stuff, so i am not judging that.

One thing you have to remember C2C has two new Era's and nothing will work unless they are incorporated, Prehistoric and Galactic.
There is quite alot to do just to make one civ work properly. Change the LeadheadInfo, change the CivlizationInfo, Artstyles, Unit art, Civics, Traits, etc.

I personally dont like, infact HATE Civs that only have two or three units in them, thats not a civ its a shame and useless garbage. If your going to make a civ at least make at a MINIMUM of ten, preferably 15 or more units included in that civ.IMHO

I have never looked at General's stuff, so i am not judging that.

One thing you have to remember C2C has two new Era's and nothing will work unless they are incorporated, Prehistoric and Galactic.
There is quite alot to do just to make one civ work properly. Change the LeadheadInfo, change the CivlizationInfo, Artstyles, Unit art, Civics, Traits, etc.

I can understand your perturbment in regards to some civilizations with only a few flavour units, I also enjoy a great deal of variation when I play, which is why I love having the choice of as many leaders (and a handful of more civs) as I can.

You should take a peak at what Generalstaff has done, the sheer amount of civilizations and leaders he has cobbled together is staggering, no extra UU or buildings, but they work perfectly in regular AND. I personally trim a lot of what he has depending on what scenario I want; there is more than enough for an ancient East-Asian scenario, Mesoamerican only or even Dark Age Europe. I am of course not suggesting for a moment that you port all the civs over, that is just a mountain of work, it is just an incredible leader head pack and worth a look!.

And yes, I do know it is due to the extra eras that are causing mod merges to deteriorate. Sadly I was hoping their would be a quick fix, but alas!

I do understand the extra amount of work that goes into every extra civ that one may want to add, but what about leaders? And as I asked in my original post, is there any plan to bring back the leaders that were in the previous version of C2C (12.7 I think?), I assume (and I accept that I could be wrong), that it would not be as massive an undertaking as adding extra civs. The majority of the era work would be done already?

Keep up the good work.

I can understand your perturbment in regards to some civilizations with only a few flavour units, I also enjoy a great deal of variation when I play, which is why I love having the choice of as many leaders (and a handful of more civs) as I can.

You should take a peak at what Generalstaff has done, the sheer amount of civilizations and leaders he has cobbled together is staggering, no extra UU or buildings, but they work perfectly in regular AND. I personally trim a lot of what he has depending on what scenario I want; there is more than enough for an ancient East-Asian scenario, Mesoamerican only or even Dark Age Europe. I am of course not suggesting for a moment that you port all the civs over, that is just a mountain of work, it is just an incredible leader head pack and worth a look!.

And yes, I do know it is due to the extra eras that are causing mod merges to deteriorate. Sadly I was hoping their would be a quick fix, but alas!

I do understand the extra amount of work that goes into every extra civ that one may want to add, but what about leaders? And as I asked in my original post, is there any plan to bring back the leaders that were in the previous version of C2C (12.7 I think?), I assume (and I accept that I could be wrong), that it would not be as massive an undertaking as adding extra civs. The majority of the era work would be done already?

Keep up the good work.

Lets put it this way, i am thinking about it, but just for the ones i added was an extra 315MB of space, thats what i am worried about.:rolleyes: I know i could put it in an extra civ package, but maintaining it, can be something else also, sometimes, but feel free to do it for "us."

My vid card is a Geforce GTX 460 superclocked with 1 GB of internal Ram. so i dont think its to old to play the mod since it can play almost any game with ultra graphics fine.

For those who like the "monster fish" attached is the extra animals for C2C v13.
  • Sea critters - Kraken and Monster Fish
  • Graphically challenged flightless birds (cassawry, emu, ostrich and moa) all look like penguins
  • graphically challenged lizard, looks like a dinosaur
  • Donkey - only a bt graphically challenged.

Lets put it this way, i am thinking about it, but just for the ones i added was an extra 315MB of space, thats what i am worried about.:rolleyes: I know i could put it in an extra civ package, but maintaining it, can be something else also, sometimes, but feel free to do it for "us."

If there is a tutorial or something I could use as a template, maybe I could help you with maintaining it. The problem as it stands is that I do not know the first thing about modding.

Were the extra civilizations themselves creating the extra 315MB of space or the leaders? I assume updating leaders for current civs would take less time and space and perhaps be easier for me to learn, if I were to take up the burden ;)

Very minor but important update. My game crashed when I founded Jainism. This fixes the problem. (Joseph, this also puts the Jungle Camp update in the main XML files so you don't need that stuff I sent earlier.)

Very minor but important update. My game crashed when I founded Jainism. This fixes the problem. (Joseph, this also puts the Jungle Camp update in the main XML files so you don't need that stuff I sent earlier.)

OK which is the correct folder:

DancingHoskuld or Dancing_Hoskuld, because i have the first one in game??

Is there any easy way to remove the city limit under Chiefdom? For me that makes the mod unplayable. Sorry!
If no easy way then whats the difficult way?

Otherwise it looked good. Liked the new Housing system and agree with the decision to remove the extra bonuses from Goods.

Cheers.

Is there any easy way to remove the city limit under Chiefdom? For me that makes the mod unplayable. Sorry!
If no easy way then whats the difficult way?

Otherwise it looked good. Liked the new Housing system and agree with the decision to remove the extra bonuses from Goods.

Cheers.

In the CivicsInfos.XML file in the XML/GameInfo folder search for <iCityLimit>3</iCityLimit> and replace it with <iCityLimit/> unfortunately this change is not save game safe so you will need to start a new game.

Animals keep dying in ice/desert when terrain damage is enabled - they don't have promotions with resists to those terrain types.
I remember animal units have had those promotions in previous version. Were they removed by purpose?

Animals keep dying in ice/desert when terrain damage is enabled - they don't have promotions with resists to those terrain types.
I remember animal units have had those promotions in previous version. Were they removed by purpose?

:blush:I probably forgot that I moved it from the XML to the program and so I did not put it in to the latest release.:blush: Gota stop doing many things at once.

I'm getting a crash when I load this saved game. No idea why. This is with the latest build with no modifications.

This is with a computer with 16 gigs of RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4350 video card with 1 gig of RAM, 64-bit operating system, AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0028.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
Then I use quick save the game always ask me -
Choose Save Format - Original BTS / Maximum Compatibility

Is there any way to disable it ?

From BUG mod option menu, many sub menu was removed, sam as "Field of View"
I turn it by edit ini file, but is there a normal way ?

P.S. Lucky vers &#8470; 13 ;)

I'm getting a crash when I load this saved game. No idea why. This is with the latest build with no modifications.

This is with a computer with 16 gigs of RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4350 video card with 1 gig of RAM, 64-bit operating system, AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor.

Make sure the saved is an Max Compatibility save, otherwise "we" will not look at it, thx.

Top Bottom